Uploaded on Apr 26, 2011
ooh la la~~ I'm Maangchi! : ) I'm living in NYC. I have been posting authentic Korean recipes (sometimes fusion) on YouTube since 2007!
I always think homemade food is the best. And if you make something delicious for your friends and family, it will make everybody happy!
Enjoy this recipe!
Ingredients (for 2-4 servings):
Mung bean sprouts, salt, garlic, green onion, cucumber, sesame seeds, and sesame oil
1. Wash and drain 12 oz (340 grams: about 3½ cups' worth) of mung bean sprouts in cold water a couple of times until they're clean. Pick out any brownish rotten beans.
2. Put them in a pot and add ½ cup water and ¼ ts salt.
3. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat for 5 mins.
4. Rinse in cold water, strain, and set aside.
5. Cut about 1 cup's worth of seedless cucumbers into matchsticks and put into a bowl.
6. Add ½ ts salt to the cucumbers. Mix and set aside for a few minutes.
7. Squeeze any excess water out of the cooked mung bean sprouts and put them into a mixing bowl.
8. Squeeze any excess water out of the cucumber strips and add them to the sprouts in the mixing bowl.
9. Add 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 chopped green onion, ½ ts salt, 1 ts sesame oil, and 1 ts sesame seeds to the mixing bowl.
10. Mix well by hand.
11. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice.
Standard YouTube License