Shane Koyczan: "To This Day" ... for the bullied and beautiful
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 8, 2013
By turn hilarious and haunting, poet Shane Koyczan puts his finger on the pulse of what it's like to be young and ... different. "To This Day," his spoken-word poem about bullying, captivated millions as a viral video (created, crowd-source style, by 80 animators). Here, he gives a glorious, live reprise with backstory and violin accompaniment by Hannah Epperson.
None of this would be possible without the participation of the following people and organizations:
Animators: Ryan Kothe, Mike Healey, Will Fortanbary, Brian San, Diego De la Rocha, Gizelle Manalo, Adam Plouff, Mike Wolfram, Hyun Min Bae, Oliver Sin, Seth Eckert, Viraj Ajmeri, Vishnu Ganti, Yun Wang, Boris Wilmot, Cameron Spencer, DeAndria Mackey, Matt Choi, Reimo Õun, Samantha Bjalek, Eli Treviño, Ariel Costa, Caleb Coppock, James Mabery, Samir Hamiche, Waref Abu Quba, Deo Mareza and Clara, Josh Parker, Scott Cannon, Thomas McKeen, Kaine Asika, Marcel Krumbiegel, Teresa del Pozo, Eric Paoli Infanzón, Maxwell Hathaway, Rebecca Berdel, Zach Ogilvie, Anand Mistry, Chase Ogden, Dominik Grejc, Gideon Prins, Lucy Chen, Mercedes Testa, Rickard Bengtsson, Stina Seppel, Daniel Göttling, Julio C. Kurokodile, Marilyn Cherenko, Tim Darragh, Jaime Ugarte, Joe Donaldson, Josh Beaton, Margaret Schiefer, Rodrigo Ribeiro, Ryan Kaplan, Yeimi Salazar, Daniel Bartels, Joe Donaldson, Daniel Molina, Sitji Chou, Tong Zhang, Luc Journot, Vincent Bilodeau, Amy Schmitt, Bert Beltran, Daniel Moreno Cordero, Marie Owona, Mateusz Kukla, Sean Procter, Steven Fraser, Aparajita R, Ben Chwirka, Cale Oglesby, Igor Komolov, Markus Magnusson, Remington McElhaney, Tim Howe, Agil Pandri, Jessie Tully, Sander Joon, Kumphol Ponpisute, James Waters, Chris Koelsch, Ronald Rabideau, Alessandro & Manfredi, Andrea López, Howey Mitsakos
Produced by Giant Ant: Leah Nelson, Jorge R. Canedo Estrada, Alicia Katz, for having the bravery to helm such a monumental project.
Brett Wilson, Joni Avram, for their generosity of spirit and tireless support.
Olivia Mennell, Maiya Robbie, Stefan Bienz, Corwin Fox, Aaron Joyce, Christina Zaenker, Melissa Bandura, for creating such a beautiful piece of music and having the patience to explore this art form with me.
Christi Thompson, Jess Sloss, for keeping me organized and making me appear to look like I know what I'm doing.
Loretta Mozart AKA my Grandmother, Sandy Garossino, Nea Reid, bullying.org, for never saying "You can't do that." For always saying "OK... how can I help?"
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design -- plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.
Find closed captions and translated subtitles in many languages at http://www.ted.com/translate
Follow TED news on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tednews
Like TED on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TED
Subscribe to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksD...
Standard YouTube License
- 12:32 Happy Wheels - FUNNIEST VICTORY EVERby TobyGames Featured 2,140,817
- 18:29 Sarah Kay: If I should have a daughter ...by TED2,041,526 views
- Shane Koyczan 7 videos125K
- 9:38 Cameron Russell: Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model.by TED2,004,829 views
- 9:44 Reggie Watts disorients you in the most entertaining wayby TED1,972,531 views
- 5:53 More Often Than Sometimes - Shane Koyczanby Shane Koyczan341,077 views
- 20:20 David Blaine: How I held my breath for 17 minby TED3,321,957 views
- 8:48 Apollo Robbins: The art of misdirectionby TED1,727,821 views
- 7:12 Maz Jobrani: A Saudi, an Indian and an Iranian walk into a Qatari bar ...by TED671,007 views
- 10:29 BLACK: My journey to yo-yo masteryby TED395,391 views
- 19:05 Susan Cain: The power of introvertsby TED2,199,900 views
- 9:51 Why we procrastinate by Vik Nithy @ TEDxYouth@TheScotsCollegeby TEDxTalks552,261 views
- 19:29 Elizabeth Gilbert: Your elusive creative geniusby TED1,595,669 views
- 13:48 Amanda Palmer: The art of askingby TED2,164,226 views
- 20:50 Brene Brown: The power of vulnerabilityby TED1,707,510 views
- 43:24 The Graham Norton Show S12E03 Darcey Bussell, Paul O'Grady, Felix Baumgartner, Robbie Williamsby Snussemaasteri151,437 views
- 22:31 Tony Robbins: Why we do what we doby TED6,332,457 views
- 19:17 Chimamanda Adichie: The danger of a single storyby TED1,023,530 views
- 23:02 The Top 10 Best X Factor auditions (UK, AUS, US)by ilmar9,517,624 views
- 18:31 Joshua Prager: In search for the man who broke my neckby TED94,183 views