END7: How to Shock a Celebrity
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 25, 2013
Please donate at http://bit.ly/donate2END
We asked celebrities including Emily Blunt, Eddie Redmayne and Priyanka Chopra to watch a powerful new video. See how they reacted to people suffering from neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)...Can you make it through to the end?
Visit http://www.end7.org to join the fight.
Most people have never heard of these seven diseases, but as you'll see on the video, NTDs can be horrific and are a major reason why poor communities stay trapped in poverty. It costs just 50 cents to treat and protect one person for an entire year. Visit http://www.end7.org/ to take action today. We would love for you to join us on the journey to 2020 -- together we can see the end!
Like END7 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EndSeven
Follow END7 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/END_7
Here's the background: Nearly 1 in 6 people around the world, including 500 million children, suffer from seven NTDs: Elephantiasis, Roundworm, Hookworm, Whipworm, Trachoma, River Blindness and Snail Fever.
What's different about this story, though, is the ending. The great news is that all it takes to treat these seven diseases is a packet of pills, costing 50 cents. With the backing of some major players, including the World Health Organization and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we can actually eliminate these diseases by 2020.
END7 aims to raise the public awareness and funding required to cover the cost of distributing medicine and setting up treatment programs for NTDs. A big problem is that NTDs affect neglected communities -- the world's poorest people. So END7 is about providing them with a voice to help address a big problem. Emily Blunt ("Salmon Fishing in the Yemen," "Devil Wears Prada"); Eddie Redmayne ("Les Miserables," "My Week with Marilyn"); Tom Felton ("Harry Potter" series); Yvonne Chaka Chaka (South African pop star); Tom Hollander ("Pirates of the Caribbean," "Pride and Prejudice"); and Priyanka Chopra (leading Bollywood actress and international recording artist) are featured in the video and are END7 supporters.
This won't be easy. To end these diseases by 2020 we need to raise money from governments and the public to transport the pills to those in need and set up treatment programs that communities can run themselves. While the diseases have been around for centuries, the global effort to eliminate them is brand new.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:37 Tom Felton talks about an awkward moment with Emma Watson about how she slapped him!by Kanal von Jessica4695Featured 1,236,872
- 1:58 END7 - OUR MISSION IN A MINUTE - US Versionby END7 - Together we can see the end of 7 diseases by 2020 42,299 views
- 5:04 Perspectives on NTDs and the London Declarationby END7 - Together we can see the end of 7 diseases by 2020 581 views
- 3:02 END7 'Together we can see the end' campaignby END7TV 5,247 views
- 2:41 END7: How to Shock a Celebrityby END7TV 193,711 views
- 2:22 Tom and Emma - So many questionsby DoberAnts26 21,631 views
- 1:42 Harry Potter cast speak with an American accent! Brilliant.by Fandoms Galore 451 views
- 3:43 Tom Felton talks fan-fiction, Dramoine, Drarry and Drappleby AntiSocialSaoirse 47,554 views
- 4:38 Les Miserables interview with Hugh Jackman, Eddie Redmayne and Amanda Seyfriedby Emily Hart 155,551 views
- 1:01 Les Misérables - Shooting The Barricade Battle - Own it 3/22 on Blu-ray & DVDby Universal Studios Entertainment 36,026 views
- 8:38 Eddie Redmayne Interview on The Jonathan Ross Showby Benjamin Foster 42,822 views
- 3:46 Priyanka Chopra - In My City ft. will.i.amby PriyankaChopraVEVO 4,033,489 views
- 7:53 Heath Ledger winning Best Supporting Actor for "The Dark Knight"by Oscar® 2,953,755 views
- 4:18 Eddie Redmayne on his Les Misérables performanceby debbiethreet's channel 27,988 views
- 7:46 Hugh Jackman's opening number at the Oscars®by Oscar® 6,474,782 views
- 1:48 2013 BAFTA's: Eddie Redmayneby E! Entertainment 8,436 views
- 12:40 Hoshin shog - Shine ue - Shock showby Santiago Berlusconi 81,471 views
- 2:40 After Party "Hick" premiere - (interview Eddie Redmayne) - toronto film fest 2011by redmaynespain 7,850 views
- 3:11 Trailer of "From The Rough" with Tom Feltonby Kanal von Estrella89San 298,071 views
- 0:22 Harry Potter dance behind the scenes with Tom Felton and Emma Watsonby lauraacm18 101,515 views
- Loading more suggestions...