How to Film Protests | Work as a Team | Part 3 | witness.org
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 30, 2012
From http://www.witness.org | WITNESS uses video to open the eyes of the world to human rights violations.
This video is part of a five-part "How to Film Protests" series, which incorporates the best practices WITNESS has developed with over 300 partners in 80 countries who are using video for human rights documentation and to create lasting change.
From raw documentation of human rights violations in Syria to the Occupy protests and the range of police abuse and misconduct therein, citizen video is an increasingly powerful tool for human rights documentation.
Now more than ever we need to ensure that the footage that we capture as activists incorporates essential information like the exact date, time and location so it may best be used by the media, as evidence, and for advocacy. Additionally, we need to pay special attention to the unique safety and security risks that we face as filmmakers and activists, as well as risks to those we capture in our footage.
--- How-to Film Safely and Effectively for Human Rights ---
This video series is broken into small, two-minute videos, and focuses on how to best prepare to film, choose and test your equipment, get good footage, film as part of a team and conduct interviews.
Whether you're filming the May 1st Occupy Wall Street protests and events or just want to be prepared to best use your camera phone if you are in the wrong place at the right time, watch these how-to videos to be best prepared to capture good footage that will be engaging, informative and can be used for potential advocacy and evidentiary use.
We are excited to share these tips in video and text. Let us know how they are useful for you, and what you would add to make them even better by adding comments to the videos or at http://blog.witness.org
--- Credits ---
P A de Potestad
"Mighty Micro People"
Courtesy of Ninja Tune
Special Thanks To
Help us caption & translate this video!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Mighty Micro People" on
- 3:52:56 Herobrine: A Lenda - O FILMEby TazerCraft156,902 views
- 14:38 Wild Police Chase - South Los Angeles, CA - April 30, 2013by LocalNewsVideo1,368,933 views
- 5:02 Meet Your Strawman - The False youby TheGetjiggy634 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff at Occupy Wall Street: Full Version, Almost 2 Hours Long!by ReasonTV155,075 views
- 4:05 How to Film Protests | Prepare to Film | Part 1 | witness.orgby WITNESSToolkit11,757 views
- 10:19 The Trayvon Martin The Media Didnt Want You To Know! By BILL WHITTLE Pt 1by Tommy Ponders187,380 views
- 2:00 How to Film Protests | Filming Tips | Part 4 | witness.orgby WITNESSToolkit1,368 views
- 11:31 Part 2: New Film "5 Broken Cameras" Captures Palestinian Village's Nonviolent Resistanceby democracynow9,896 views
- 6:43 Ukraine Protests : Україна Запеклі сутички в Києві / Demonstrants Attack Presidential Headquarterby WorldHits10,599 views
- 11:39 Ahead of May Day, David Harvey on Urban Uprisings From Occupy Wall Street to Paris Communeby democracynow6,254 views
- 2:01 How to Film Protests | Choose the Right Tools | Part 2 | witness.orgby WITNESSToolkit1,403 views
- 4:28 Racist Tried To Incite A Riot At Trayvon Martin Protestby TheAdviseShowTV20,312 views
- 4:54 BREAKING NEWS - RIOTS in EUROPE as UKRAINE REJECTS EU trade dealby News Flash2,792 views
- 2:28 How to Film Protests | Conducting Interviews | Part 5 | witness.orgby WITNESSToolkit1,065 views
- 10:54 Basic Best Practices For Capturing Quality Audioby OliviaTechVideos21,405 views
- 5:08 Banker left Speechless by Irish Journalistby Pajopeace613,397 views
- 6:36 Rachel Maddow RIPS Fox News For For Trayvon Martin Protests Coverageby Les Grossman13,813 views
- 3:24 The Newsroom - Occupy Wallstreet Interviewby Josh O'Driscoll25,232 views
- 5:55 Occupy Lies CNN Told Amber Lyonby TheLipTV1,464 views
- 4:59 How to Film a Revolution - a tutorial - Occupy the Movieby Occupy The Movie62,295 views
- Loading more suggestions...