Published on Jan 28, 2014
Guest: Eric Nystrom, Director, Social Media, Dell
Host: Yvette Huygen, Director Worldwide Public Relations and Corporate Communications, Synopsys Inc.
The social media revolution has rapidly taken over the business world. Companies are striving to create social media strategies that work to meet their goals while also appealing to customers and continually offering them value. Dell has developed a well-recognized social media strategy that employees are passionate about and customers engage with.
We invited Eric Nystrom, a Director of Social Media at Dell, to talk about empowering businesses to harness and harvest the power of social media.
Eric Nystrom: "We found out that social media was going to be really critical for Dell in 2005/2006 when we really started our journey. . . .We learned early on that conversations were happening about all parts of our business, not just about marketing or customer care. Harnessing and harvesting the value of social media across our business, in all aspects of our business, has proved to be very valuable."
During his show, Eric talks about:
• How critical social media is to Dell's business and why.
• How Dell is able to keep track of everything their program is covering as well as demonstrate the value of the program to executives and employees.
• The five main points of Dell's social media policy: -Protect Information -Be Transparent and Disclose -Follow the Law, Follow the Code of Conduct -Be Responsible -Be Nice, Have Fun and Connect
• Dell's Social Media and Community University (SMaC U) .
• What he believes is going to change in terms of social media for business in the next couple of years.
• Advice he has for those doing social media in a business context.
Standard YouTube License