Uploaded on Jul 15, 2010
How to make kimchi pancakes. Full recipe on my website: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchi...
"Kimchijeon made with chopped kimchi"
Ingredients (for 2-4 servings):
Kimchi, onion, salt, sugar, flour, vegetable oil.
1. In a bowl, place 1 cup of chopped kimchi, 3 tbs of kimchi juice, 2 tbs chopped onion, ½ ts salt, ½ ts sugar, ½ cup flour (all purpose flour), and ¼ cup of water and mix it well with a spoon.
2. Heat up a 12 inch non-stick pan over medium high heat and drizzle about 2 tbs grape seed oil.
3. Place the mixture of kimchi pancake batter on the pan and spread it thinly and evenly with a spoon.
4. Cook it for 1-1 ½ minutes until the bottom gets golden brown and crispy.
5. Turn it over with a spatula or flip it.
6. Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 1½ minutes.
7. Turn it over one more time and cook for 30 seconds before transfering it to a serving plate.
*tip: Serve it right out of the pan or cool it down and cut it into bite size to serve.
"Kimchi pancake made with whole kimchi leaves"
Kimchi, ground pork, tofu, onion chives (or green onions), onion, salt, black ground pepper,sesame oil, egg, flour, grape seed oil.
1. Prepare 6-7 kimchi leaves (6-7 inches long -- 16 cm) and ½ cup flour in a plate.
2. Coat both sides of each kimchi leaf in the flour by hand.
Make meat mixture
1. In a small bowl, add 2 tbs ground pork (or beef), 2 tbs tofu (after gently squeezing out excess water with a paper towel), 1 ts chopped onion chives (or green onion), 1 tbs chopped onion, a pinch of salt and black ground pepper, 1 ts of sesame oil, and mix the mixture well with a spoon.
2. Set aside.
Make the pancakes
1. Place 1 egg in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt. Beat it with a fork.
2. Add some of the meat-tofu mix on one side of a kimchi stem. Add some flour on top of the mixture.
3. Put some of the meat-tofu mix on the rest of kimchi leaves.
4. Heat up a non-stick pan and add some grape seed oil (or vegetable oil).
5. Coat each kimchi leaf with beaten egg mix and place on the heated pan.
*tip: the meat mixture should be bottom of the pan
6. When the bottom of the kimchi pancake turns golden brown (1 or 1½ minutes), turn it over and cook another minute.
7. Turn it over one more time and cook another 30 seconds before transfering it to a serving plate.
*tip: you can serve it as it is or cut it into bite size before serving