Conservatives react to Mitt Romney's plan to cut Social Security and Medicare
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2012
Click here to tell Mitt Romney to keep his hands off Social Security!
Mitt Romney talks Social Security and Medicare on February 10, 2012 at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
In their current form, Social Security and Medicare are unsustainable.
We will slowly and gradually raise the retirement age for Social Security -- and, we will slow the growth in benefits for our nation's higher-income retirees. When it comes to Medicare, tomorrow's seniors should have the freedom to choose between traditional Medicare and a range of private plans.
Take a look at the Ryan plan. We're pretty much chapter and verse
CARD: Social Security Works asked some CPAC attendees what they think of his plan to cut Social Security and Medicare.
MAN: I think it stinks!
Interviewer: He said we should cut Social Security and Medicare for future generations... I assume that means us.
YOUNG MAN: That would be unfortunate.
MAN: "Social Security and Medicare are programs that...they're insurance programs actually, just like if you have homeowners insurance. If something happens to your home, they pay it for you."
INTERVIEWER: And we shouldn't be cutting them in order to reduce a deficit they didn't cause?
MAN: No, not at all
Interviewer: One thing that he said today was that he wanted to cut Social Security and Medicare.
WOMAN: Well, that's not so good—not because I'm not it—but because so many people are paying into it, they're entitled to this sort of thing.
INTERVIEWER: They pay in, they earn the benefit?
WOMAN: That's right.
YOUNG MAN: "I think, well, okay, that's the sort of thing where Mitt Romney has never proved himself to be consistent at all, he has flip flopped on more issues than I can count. So, I don't trust him, I would never vote for him even if he becomes the GOP nominee."
The Conservative activists who spoke out against Romney's plan to cut Social Security are not alone.
77% of Americans oppose any cuts to Social Security benefits, including 69% of Republicans.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:31 Romney Supporters On Candid Camera About Obamaby Tomthunkit 5,842 views
- 2:21 "Not the Kind of Alabama I Want"by isthisalabama 45,551 views
- 2:09 Путин унижает Маккейна и об убийстве Каддафиby Александр Двинятин 43,794 views
- 5:29 O'Donnell: Republicans Can Call Paul Ryan's Plan Whatever They Want - Just Don't Call It Medicareby incitebytes 2,096 views
- 14:16 Anti-Gay Ranter vs. Anderson Cooper Part 1by David Pakman Show 189,234 views
- 7:31 A "conversation" with a typical Mitt Romney supporterby AdamKokesh 90,345 views
- 7:23 "Governor Romney" Calls Howard Stern on Election Dayby Jim Shaughnessy 869 views
- 8:12 The ED Show - Mitt Romney's War on the Poorby Licentiathe8th 785 views
- 1:24 Ron Paul Makes Mitt Romney Look Stupidby TheLiberalPacifist 1,408,831 views
- 0:46 Путин спустил всех русофобов с небес на землюby Pron Neut 41,787 views
- 6:14 Ron Paul - End Medicare, Social Security & Medicaid?by TheYoungTurks 86,162 views
- 6:54 President Obama Calls Out Mitt Romney Debate Liesby David Pakman Show 24,554 views
- 6:01 Mitt Romney's plan for the economyby CBSNewsOnline 15,647 views
- 7:47 IM 15 AND IVE SLEPT WITH MEN OVER 300 TIMES!by EpicSharesForYou 1,344,382 views
- 3:11 Mitt Romney Embraces Privatizing Medicare and Social Security and Raising Eligibility Agesby MrLespunk 3,290 views
- 2:34 Rick Perry And Mitt Romney Debate Social Securityby tpmtv 47,816 views
- 2:32 Ron Paul Calls Mitt Romney Stupidby TheLiberalPacifist 421,555 views
- 1:11 Mitt Romney's Health Planby ABCNews 5,412 views
- 5:47 Why YOU should vote for Mitt Romney 2012!by Benjamin Zachary 3,370 views
- 41:07 The Mexican Mormon War (Drug Cartels vs. Mormons Full Length)by vice 932,985 views
- Loading more suggestions...