Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 Review
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 1, 2012
Paragon Software Group's marketing manager, Ekaterina Uchaeva, and the Paragon Technology Advisor Council's Ksenia Schevjeva agreed to send Windows 7 Forums a license for technical evaluation, review, and demonstration of Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12. The product combines the famous, world class, no questions asked backup and recovery system, that made Paragon famous, with additional must have hard disk drive utilities. These utilities make the maintenance, preparation, modification, migration, or re-installation of any operating system an easy-to-perform, reliable task.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 really shines in its ability to combine what would normally be two products into one master suite. The software promises to deliver reliable backup and recovery options with hard disk drive modification utilities and delivers, quite amicably.
In comparison to its world-renowned rival, Acronis, Paragon keeps it simple by providing the tools necessary to initialize or modify partitions, hard drives, SSDs, and flash drives into nearly any measure of storage. The ability to create, modify, merge, wipe, shrink, and expand partitions is a process that is made easy, and worth the extra investment, for anyone who wants to complete their backup and recovery option for home, home office, and small business use.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 suffers from some setbacks when creating the bootable rescue media; also known as the Paragon Advanced Recovery CD, due to what appears to be changes in licensing for the Microsoft Windows PE environment. A separate utility bundled with the software allows you to create the media with the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK). Once created, Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12, and its entire assortment of features, can be run nearly flawlessly by booting from disc or USB flash drive - without the operating system in active operation. This procedure allows for more thorough and reliable backups, restores, and hard disk drive management.
Included in the software suite are utilities that make converting a standard Windows installation into a SSD-ready deployment simple, a way to convert any disk image into a GPT partition, and a method that can convert the entire disk into a virtual machine-ready file.
Ultimately, Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 stands out for its overall ease of use and reliability. While it may not share the updated looks of its primary competitor, with bundled features that would normally cost a fortune, Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 helps show us once again that slow and steady can win the race.
Windows 7 Forums recommends Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 for intermediate computer users who need a reliable solution for backup, restore, and disk management. It is clear that Paragon has spent the majority of its development time working on improving their product, and not anti-piracy activation schema as their main competitor, Acronis has. For many customers who may want to use the program on a desktop and laptop non-concurrently, this will prove to be a major relief.
Special thanks to Paragon Software for making this review possible.
Learn how to use Paragon Hard Disk Suite 12 and all of its feature set in this review and tutorial from Mike Fara at http://windows7forums.com
Standard YouTube License
- 1:34:50 PC-Addicts Saturday Night Liveby Chris Davis
- 17:19 Clone a Partition or a Hard Driveby ESRepair .10,973 views
- 10:58 Hard Disk repartitioning using Disk management toolby Firas Sameer63,143 views
- 10:45 How to clone or copy one harddrive to the new harddrive or SSDby RetroPCDOS133,836 views
- 12:30 Migrate the OS to your new HDDby ESRepair .17,195 views
- 1:11:18 Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Reviewby Windows7Forums30,167 views
- 20:23 Windows DNS Zone Demonstrationby itfreetraining671 views
- 11:17 Step by Step Windows Drive Cloning & SSD Optimization!by Tekzilla35,988 views
- 16:42 The Windows AIK: Part 1 of 4by cgermany7741,440 views
- 13:01 How to Create a Virtual Hard Disk To Boot Windows 7 From a (VHD) Fileby ITSystemsAdmin13,878 views
- 17:12 DNS and Active Directory Partitionsby itfreetraining958 views
- 7:33 How to properly configure the SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage driveby NCIXcom256,973 views
- 15:56 Laptop SSD Upgrade (Aspire One 725)by ExplainingComputers90,139 views
- 7:59 Paragon Backup and Recovery of your Operating System.by darkeffectstv13,967 views
- 15:16 Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 7by UWISHPRODUCTIONS112,313 views
- 9:46 Install a new larger Hard Drive and format it with easeby PCAnswersMagazine165,501 views
- 5:30 How to Transfer your Boot Drive to your New Intel SSD - Data Migration Tutorial NCIX Tech Tipsby NCIXcom165,972 views
- 13:04 Creating a Windows 7 Setup Recovery Partition with clean installby Joshua Rodriguez160,306 views
- 23:44 How To Clone/Backup a Hard Drive (Updated) 7/2013 HDby Brandon Policani12,203 views
- 21:14 Hard disk failure is imminent. Please back up your disk and have it replaced!by IMRROcom51,473 views
- Loading more suggestions...