Jacob Appelbaum (Part 2/2) Digital Anti-Repression Workshop - April 26 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 28, 2012
Filmed April 26, 2012, 12pm. Q & A workshop with Jacob Appelbaum, computer security researcher, on mobile phone security, cellphone forensics, state repression and surveillance.
0:00 possible ways around on disclosing computer passwords by
2:20 using computer with no hard drive booting tails debian OS on usb stick
5:43 question on recommended websites for surveillance self-defense basics with mention of EFF and Tor Project
7:47 question on wiping hard drives, DBAN. also Ubuntu with encrypt option.
9:19 question on keyloggers, and outsmarting them; also a question on pranking the surveillance state/boosting morale.
10:25 WiebeTech's HotPlug mouse jiggler.
13:25 keyloggers phoning home.
15:12 mouse jiggler demo.
15:50 keyloggers phoning home con't.
17:04 Wireshark question.
19:25 tips on boosting morale, using humor, canned snakes, movie recommendations.
25:46 mutual aid and solidarity with those in more difficult situations.
29:00 Moxie Marlinspike RedPhone, ZRTP encrypted voip, private gsm
30:30 laser microphone & radar detector.
31:40 phone bag
32:48 TextSecure encrypted text messages for android. Off The Record messaging OTR, Pretty Good Privacy; and differences btwn OTR and PGP; compartmentalization of keys. Socialist Millionaires' Protocol authentication. jitsi, pidgin, etc.
43:00 End-to-end encryption. FinFisher backdoor, Skype. Skype privacy concerns. Jitsi alternative.
46:35 iphone vs. android. free software and hardware alternatives.
48:30 Sneak and Peek search warrants, black bag operation clandestine search. retina scanning.
50:45 guardian project
55:38 riseup advocacy. facebook vs. we.riseup.net Crabgrass, Piggipedia
58:18 counter-surveillance extremes.
1:00:10 basic laptop encryption. mac FileVault.
1:02:05 question/concern on keylogging software. assessing and compartmentalizing threats.
1:05:15 TOR presentation and advocacy
1:11:45 one limitation of tor.
1:12:20 fbi traffic confirmation attack.
1:12:58 mixmaster system high-latency anonymity network vs. tor; using mixmaster & tor together. Len Sassaman.
1:14:51 german police dsl upgrade attack. EvilGrade.
1:16:50 question on facebook, traffic analysis.
1:18:15 question on tor exit node option
1:19:32 question on tor sdk.
1:20:32 question on recommendations for aboveground activists. building alternatives.
1:24:34 keystroke encrypters. vpn.
Part 1/2 highlights the "theoretical" side of things
Part 2/2 emphasizes the practical.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:17:11 Jacob Appelbaum (Part 1/2) Digital Anti-Repression Workshop - April 26 2012by NewYorkRawVideosFeatured 12,719
- 2:00:44 Dr. Claude Anderson - Powernomicsby Duron Chavis 29,638 views
- 1:00:33 Jacob Appelbaum TERENA Networking Conference 2012by TheEthanwashere 1,353 views
- 14:00 Laura Poitras: Surveillance Teach-In with Jacob Appelbaum & Bill Binney Part 1by Alexa O'Brien 1,923 views
- 29:37 DEFCON 20: Defeating PPTP VPNs and WPA2 Enterprise with MS-CHAPv2by Christiaan008 1,969 views
- 41 videos Play all Anonymity, Tor, and the likeby commanderbige
- 18:36 Laura Poitras: Surveillance Teach-In with Jacob Appelbaum & Bill Binney Part 2by Alexa O'Brien 934 views
- 6:51 "We Don't Live in a Free Country": Jacob Appelbaum on Being Target of Mass Govt Surveillanceby democracynow 12,386 views
- 6:07 EXCLUSIVE: Jacob Appelbaum (Wikileaks/Tor) on SOPAby Kenji Wardenclyffe 8,122 views
- 9:27 Jacob Appelbaum: TOR Project, Fight for Anonymityby TheAlyonaShow 24,518 views
- 1:59:28 Education For Whom and For What?by Arizona 100,731 views
- 56:11 Jacob Appelbaum 29C3 Keynote: Not My Departmentby thisdayinwikileaks 31,492 views
- 16:35 Laura Poitras: Surveillance Teach-In with Jacob Appelbaum & Bill Binney Part 3by Alexa O'Brien 615 views
- 1:14:31 Speaker: Jacob Appelbaumby cacrsecuritymatters 2,620 views
- 1:59:16 Julian Assange Interviews Cypherpunk Activists (Uncut) 2 of 2 on 'The World Tomorrow'by Zubenelgenubiii 913 views
- 1:08:32 29C3: The Tor software ecosystem (EN)by Christiaan008 644 views
- 18:15 Entrando en la Deep Web :D (pero hay muchos pedofilos) :(by Jonnyck Petili 22,112 views
- 12:14 Tor Project: what it is and how it works (Jacob Appelbaum)by ILEGALTEAM 3,297 views
- 1:11:02 Part 1/2 - Subramanian Swamy speech in Mumbai on 5th Feb, 2012by DrSubramanianSwamy 20,211 views
- 14:42 Exploring the Deep Webby Sharkface217 392,894 views
- 18:35 The Tor Project, protecting online anonimity: Jacob Appelbaum at TEDxFlandersby TEDxTalks 6,050 views
- Loading more suggestions...