Jacob Appelbaum (Part 2/2) Digital Anti-Repression Workshop - April 26 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 28, 2012
Filmed April 26, 2012, 12pm. Q & A workshop with Jacob Appelbaum, computer security researcher, on mobile phone security, cellphone forensics, state repression and surveillance.
0:00 possible ways around on disclosing computer passwords by
2:20 using computer with no hard drive booting tails debian OS on usb stick
5:43 question on recommended websites for surveillance self-defense basics with mention of EFF and Tor Project
7:47 question on wiping hard drives, DBAN. also Ubuntu with encrypt option.
9:19 question on keyloggers, and outsmarting them; also a question on pranking the surveillance state/boosting morale.
10:25 WiebeTech's HotPlug mouse jiggler.
13:25 keyloggers phoning home.
15:12 mouse jiggler demo.
15:50 keyloggers phoning home con't.
17:04 Wireshark question.
19:25 tips on boosting morale, using humor, canned snakes, movie recommendations.
25:46 mutual aid and solidarity with those in more difficult situations.
29:00 Moxie Marlinspike RedPhone, ZRTP encrypted voip, private gsm
30:30 laser microphone & radar detector.
31:40 phone bag
32:48 TextSecure encrypted text messages for android. Off The Record messaging OTR, Pretty Good Privacy; and differences btwn OTR and PGP; compartmentalization of keys. Socialist Millionaires' Protocol authentication. jitsi, pidgin, etc.
43:00 End-to-end encryption. FinFisher backdoor, Skype. Skype privacy concerns. Jitsi alternative.
46:35 iphone vs. android. free software and hardware alternatives.
48:30 Sneak and Peek search warrants, black bag operation clandestine search. retina scanning.
50:45 guardian project
55:38 riseup advocacy. facebook vs. we.riseup.net Crabgrass, Piggipedia
58:18 counter-surveillance extremes.
1:00:10 basic laptop encryption. mac FileVault.
1:02:05 question/concern on keylogging software. assessing and compartmentalizing threats.
1:05:15 TOR presentation and advocacy
1:11:45 one limitation of tor.
1:12:20 fbi traffic confirmation attack.
1:12:58 mixmaster system high-latency anonymity network vs. tor; using mixmaster & tor together. Len Sassaman.
1:14:51 german police dsl upgrade attack. EvilGrade.
1:16:50 question on facebook, traffic analysis.
1:18:15 question on tor exit node option
1:19:32 question on tor sdk.
1:20:32 question on recommendations for aboveground activists. building alternatives.
1:24:34 keystroke encrypters. vpn.
Part 1/2 highlights the "theoretical" side of things
Part 2/2 emphasizes the practical.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:03:35 WhistleBlower Head of FBI tells all from NWOby gkossatzgmxde99,655 views
- 1:03:10 Laura Poitras - Surveillance Teach-In - Full Lectureby EducateKnowledge3,578 views
- 36:41 Jacob Appelbaum Testimony @ LIBE Committee Inquiry on Electronic Mass Surveillance of EU Citizensby LeakSourceTV4,515 views
- 30:22 The Hidden Internet - Exploring The Deep Webby GeekBlog.tv393,324 views
- 1:22:41 #FCBBCA Cyber snooping: In whose hands should internet governance be entrusted?by FrontlineClubLondon875 views
- 1:50:12 Jacob Appelbaum About Tor Anonymity Network And Censorshipby EducateKnowledge331 views
- 24:20 Kim Dotcom wants to encrypt half of the Internet to end government surveillance (RT INTERVIEW)by RT America46,714 views
- 19:32 Thom Hartmann on "The Crash of 2016: The Plot to Destroy America—and What We Can Do to Stop It"by democracynow6,387 views
- 1:10:00 29c3: Not my department (Jacob 'ioerror' Appelbaum) [Keynote]by kkkwwwaaakkk16,387 views
- 2:00:44 Dr. Claude Anderson - Powernomicsby Duron Chavis63,047 views
- 33:24 Whistle BLOWER- Secret Plot to NUKE parts of the USA Exposed!by John Doe73,264 views
- 24:30 Richard Stallman: We're heading for a total disasterby RT220,407 views
- 56:11 Jacob Appelbaum 29C3 Keynote: Not My Departmentby thisdayinwikileaks56,760 views
- 1:08:32 29C3: The Tor software ecosystem (EN)by Christiaan008848 views
- 15:54 Targeted Hacker Jacob Appelbaum on CISPA, Surveillance & the "Militarization of Cyberspace"by democracynow11,334 views
- 22:54 More Secrets on State Surveillance: Exclusive Part 2 With NSA Whistleblower, Targeted Hackerby democracynow25,092 views
- 2:05:42 Jacob Appelbaum - Surveillance and Privacyby HasGeek TV7,362 views
- 18:35 The Tor Project, protecting online anonimity: Jacob Appelbaum at TEDxFlandersby TEDxTalks23,475 views
- 1:30:20 Jeremy Scahill on Democracy Now! - Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield [Both parts in one]by CryingWolf5721,023 views
- 15:31 Jacob Appelbaum (@ioerror) on US Government Surveillanceby Michael Hopper
- Loading more suggestions...