Billy Corgan 2012 Interview with Alex Jones on Corporate Interests and Societal Changes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 27, 2012
Interview from http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLibert... // Alex Jones Infowars Nightly News: http://www.infowars.com
While Billy Corgan was in Austin, Texas for the 2012 SXSW Festival, he sat down with Alex Jones for a one-hour interview in early March. If you are not familiar with Alex Jones, he is a prominent figure in alternative news media. He hosts several shows and fervently discusses civil liberties issues, the misuse of government power, corporate deception and the Globalist agenda.
Over the course of this interview, Billy Corgan and Alex Jones consider a vast array of topics. They discuss corporate influence in music, societal changes, the lack of dissent, deviations in the traditional concept of the political spectrum, the importance of debates, and spiritual understanding and consciousness as an answer to artificial systems. Overall, the main point of the discussion is to establish that constructively debating alternative views is essential to greater dialogue. Furthermore, they believe that deliberations on alternate views should not be immediately stifled or marginalized.
In terms of music and the focal point of many of his speeches at SXSW, Billy mentions how corporate interests have fundamentally changed how music is created and how people respond to it. To him, the mass commercialization of music had led to a situation where people cannot emotionally connect to it anymore. Music does not seem to have the same level of cultural impact when it is inauthentic in nature. He asserts that he is a part of a movement where artistic expression and integrity is at the core of the music.
Billy also comments on how corporate driven interests have negatively affected society as a whole. He sees the pervasiveness of corporate values as a primary agent in the dilapidation of communal-oriented structures. At the same time, technological advancements have encouraged individualistic lifestyles and further isolation. As a performer, he has noticed drastic changes in the audience over the years. He feels that people are no longer hungry for new knowledge and are definitely not interested in hearing alternative views. To him, the role of the entertainer as an agent of social change has been purposely diminished. Both Billy and Alex think that it is important for the younger generation to direct energy towards innovation, helping others, and preserving freedoms and liberties. Billy also pushes people to question the media's one-dimensional dialogues and any issue that has strong corporate backing.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:06:14 Explosive Billy Corgan Interview: The Awakening Has Begunby TheAlexJonesChannel502,064 views
- 1:20:12 The Underground - A Hidden Reality and The True Story of Phil Schneider.mp4by D. Weir2,103,481 views
- 44:55 Jesse Ventura to Military Personnel: "Remember Your Oath!"by TheAlexJonesChannel104,168 views
- 18:04 Billy Corgan 2011 Interview with Pete Donaldson from Absolute Radio in the UKby ByStarlight Site4,267 views
- 15:11 Billy Corgan Interview at SXSW 2012 Samsung Blogger Loungeby ByStarlight Site5,560 views
- Billy Corgan 11,519 videos5
- 4:54 Billy Corgan Predicts the Future of Independent Musicby Fuse35,675 views
- 22:46 Billy Corgan on the Late Late Show with Tom Snyderby Aaron Nelson9,687 views
- 0:26 Radiohead's stage collapse in Toronto: explainedby NMANewsDirect36,147 views
- 30:46 Prodigy the Rapper Reveals Illuminati Symbolism in the Music Industry(FULL Interview)by MrCROWNBAR28,218 views
- 19:14 Billy Corgan: Something Greater Than Fearby TheAlexJonesChannel57,186 views
- 16:56 Bill's Corner special video interview with Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkinsby montelds8,563 views
- 27:51 Billy Corgan Interview at SXSW 2012 with Google Play at Android Houseby ByStarlight Site46,165 views
- 15:35 Billy Corgan 2012 Interview with Brian Solis - Advice for Aspiring Artists and Musiciansby ByStarlight Site16,420 views
- 6:16 The Trayvon Martin Story Is Falling Apart!by TheAlexJonesChannel118,179 views
- 1:03:03 David Icke "This is Not a Bloody Game!"by TheAlexJonesChannel181,922 views
- 2:24:19 Fall of the Republic HQ full length versionby ChangeDaChannel4,194,406 views
- 8:24 BILLY CORGAN Auditions NEW SMASHING PUMPKINS DRUMMER 19 yr old MIKE BYRNE for 1st Timeby dlftv85,778 views
- 14:45 The Smashing pumpkins - The Chris Isaak Hour part 1by Gilbert Jauregui29,804 views