How to Create Bibs for Baby's First Birthday Party | Pottery Barn Kids
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 24, 2011
If it is your baby's first birthday party and you want it to be special, here are some tips to follow. In this video, Pottery Barn Kids Stylist, Kelli Ronci tells us how to make bibs inspired from Eric Carle's famous children's book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Each fruit bib is easy to make and requires no sewing skills.
You will need half yard of white fabric and polka dot fabric, fabric scissors, pinking shears, an iron, iron-on adhesive, iron-on fastener tape and iron-on vinyl coating. Place the polka dot fabric on a flat surface and keep the iron-on paper adhesive over it. Both the fabric and the adhesive paper should be 11x14 inches. Heat the iron and press down the adhesive paper gently on the fabric.
Download and print the bib template from the Pottery Barn Kids website. Trace the outline of the bib on the paper back of the adhesive and cut out the center and the border. Peel the paper from the border and lay it on the white fabric. Fuse the border to the white fabric by ironing it, but don't cut it as yet. Trace the fruit outline on the paper back of the centerpiece and cut it out. Peel the adhesive from the cut fruit shape and place it in the center of the border on the white fabric. Iron it to fuse it on the white fabric.
Trace the bib template on the paper back of the iron-on vinyl coating. Cut around the outside of the pattern leaving about an inch around the border. Do not cut the neck. Peel the paper backing and place the vinyl piece on the bib. Now place the paper backing back on the vinyl, shining side down and iron it. Repeat all over and remove the paper. Turn the fabric over and iron the back side. Cut the bib with pinking shears and cut the neck using regular fabric scissors. Cut a small piece of iron-on Velcro tape and fuse to the ends of the neck tab.
The fruit bibs make great party favors and will surely be handy during a birthday party.
To explore further you can visit our website: www.potterybarnkids.com
Purchase the Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-Up Book at: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produc...
See the range of products inspired from the Very Hungry Caterpillar at: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produc...
Know more about 1st Birthday parties at: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/design...
Standard YouTube License
- 1:49 How to Create Fun Crafts for a Baby Shower for Twins |Pottery Barn Kidsby Pottery Barn Kids24,925 views
- 5:47 How to Make a Custom Onesie for Baby- DIY Tutorialby TheCraftyGemini8,826 views
- 3:59 Birthday Party Themesby better103,959 views
- 3:29 5 Fun First Birthday Party Themesby About.com7,345 views
- 5:49 Kid's Party Ideasby sixminutestyle537,029 views
- 2:24 Babyville Introduces Baby Essentials Made Easyby Babyville Boutique87,177 views
- 48 videos Play all 1st birthday ideasby ciara51386
- 5:11 How To Make Very Easy Ribbon Flower Christmas Ornamentsby Labedzki-Art156,888 views
- 1:03 Children's Birthday Parties : Ideas for a Girl's First Birthday Partyby eHowFamily123,522 views
- 2:57 Birthday Party Ideas for Kids age 2-6, 6-9 and 9-12by BalloonTimeKits268,363 views
- 2:07 Sesame Street First Birthday Partyby BirthdayPartyDepot21,369 views
- 1:56 How to Make Birthday Party Invitations With Your Childby About.com10,888 views
- 1:26 Baby Einstein First Birthday Party - Cool Babyeinstein Ideas...by gimmethesetipsnow168,321 views
- 1:20 Noahs Ark 1st Birthday Party Suppliesby BirthdayDirectTV1,805 views
- 1:15 Kids birthday edible party favorsby SweetFLMiami394,694 views
- 1:13 My Funky Baby Advertisment for Baby Bibs, Baby Grows and T-Shirtsby Pritpal Bhamra54 views