Illegal Possession Of A Camera, Disorderly Conduct In The WI Assembly
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 14, 2012
On March 13, 2012 I was walking through the Assembly gallery carrying my camera not in use when I was stopped by an Assembly page. She told me I had to leave with my camera because "cameras aren't allowed in the gallery". I told her I wasn't filming and that I within the rules to have my camera I am just not allowed to film with it. I didn't feel comfortable leaving my camera unattended outside of the gallery and had no place to "put it away" so I concealed it underneath my sweater which was as put away as it could be (concealed guns are allowed in the gallery) and went back in and sat down. A few minutes later the police ask me to leave because the page woman told them I had to go. Ultimately I complied with the police and then moments after doing everything they asked me to do they told me I was being "detained" and was then placed under arrest when they grew frustrated with how long the elevator was taking to get to us.
I was charged with disorderly conduct and had my camera "confiscated" by the police as evidence. so much for worrying about my camera getting stolen...
Also important to note is that all of the windows looking into the Assembly were covered up by black plastic sheeting, so there was no way of watching police conduct or seeing if someone was on the other side of a door you were about to walk through, someone will get hurt with those doors.
Also, this week is "Sunshine Week" which is "a national initiative to promote a dialogue about the importance of open government and freedom of information".
Guns are allowed in the gallery, cameras not so much
Additional footage provided by Leslie Amsterdam
Standard YouTube License
- 7:59 Video of my unlawful arrest by Lawteyby HONORYOUROATH Featured 16,446
- 8:20 Andrew Napolitano - Recording the Copsby LibertyPen26,002 views
- 11:27 West Point Grad Arrested For Defending Woman Abused By Austin Policeby MikeHansonArchives226,284 views
- 5:16 Teacher Arrested for Declining to Sit Down by Liberty County Sheriff'sby Cop Block67,753 views
- 10:16 BREAKING NEWS: Fmr. Marine Arrested by FBI for Patriotic Facebook Posts!! SHARE EVERYWHERE!by Josh Tolley729,095 views
- 8:52 Wisconsin Citizens Arrested for Videotaping Assembly Sessionby LadyForward1,627 views
- 7:16 75 Years in Prison For Videotaping Policeby THESPIRTOF1776520,774 views
- 4:50 Prison Warden Halts Filming of Anti-Scott Walker Videoby Vince Megna10,087 views
- 13:44 Arrested for open display of a gun at acacia parkby jthe88mike159,184 views
- 11:48 4409 -- How to fight a DISORDERLY CONDUCT Chargeby RP44099,183 views
- 13:16 Little Elm Sergeant Told Me Open Carry Is Disorderly Conductby DontComply.com80,092 views
- 0:30 Hallandale police officer illegally parkedby Cop Block3,513 views
- 1:45:08 Capitalism Hits the Fan - Richard Wolffby PHubb141,059 views
- 8:32 Mountain Man arrested for trying to feed himself, owns judge and walks out (fixed)by climatelife27,468 views
- 5:33 G20 Toronto Illegal Public Works Act Searches with Flashlight Copby G20 Detainee8,042 views
- 12:08 Citizens Arrested for having Cameras in the Wisconsin Assembly Galleryby LadyForward2,112 views
- 1:55 MrCheckpoint DUI Checkpoint NEWS Channel 10 False Arrest & Illegal Search!by DUI Checkpoints8,377 views
- 4:35 Disorderly Conductby National Geographic24,656 views
- 2:37 NBC Reporter Arrested By Ignorant COP For Filmingby 32walter79416,280 views
- 12:28 Athens-Clarke County, GA Republican Delegate Fraudby Athens4RonPaul74,403 views
- Loading more suggestions...