How to Make Your School Reports Look Longer than They Are
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 24, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Study videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/73-How-...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
This subtle trick will lengthen your school report without your having to write a single extra word.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Begin to edit
When you're finished writing your paper, launch your word processing program's 'find and replace' function. Often this is under the 'edit' menu.
Step 2: Type in periods
Type a period in the spaces for 'find' and for 'replace.'
Step 3: Increase the size
Highlight the period in the second, or 'replace,' space. Increase its font size. For example, if it's in a 12-point font, increase it to 14-point. You usually do this by clicking on the 'format' and 'font' options; sometimes you'll have to click 'more' to see these options.
Step 4: Make the switch
Click 'replace all.' This will change the font of all your periods.
Don't change your entire paper's font size or set ridiculously wide margins—that's too obvious!
Step 5: Watch it grow
Re-measure your paper. Depending on how long your report was to begin with, simply enlarging the periods can add anywhere from one half to two—or more!—pages.
Did You Know?
If you have a 16-page, 12-point paper, changing the periods to 14-point will stretch the paper to 19 pages!
Standard YouTube License
- 2:17 How to Stop Hitting the Snooze Bar Every Morningby Howcast35,022 views
- 1:57 How to Lucid Dreamby Howcast2,462,669 views
- 1:20 How to Make Your Allowance Last Longerby Howcast68,973 views
- 2:40 How to Get Your Video Noticed on YouTubeby Howcast275,541 views
- 1:14 How to Do Your Homework on the Busby Howcast118,930 views
- 1:59 How to Get Guys to Buy You Drinksby Howcast40,636 views
- 1:52 How to Study Effectivelyby Howcast345,842 views
- 2:43 How to Improve Your Test Scoresby Howcast40,760 views
- 2:43 How to Choose the Cat that's Right for Youby Howcast35,018 views
- 1:30 How to Be the Center of Attentionby Howcast47,409 views
- 1:25 How to Successfully Beg for Moneyby Howcast667,816 views
- 2:07 How to Get Good Gradesby Howcast372,036 views
- 3:07 How to Make Homemade Marshmallowsby Howcast370,788 views
- 1:50 How to Reform a Spoiled Bratby Howcast278,388 views
- 2:14 How to Act If You're Stopped by the Policeby Howcast1,549,398 views
- 2:03 How to Make Homework Less Workby Howcast1,147,777 views
- 1:58 How to Levitateby Howcast1,898,888 views
- 1:53 How to Make Your Self-Righteous Friends Think You're Celebrating Earth Dayby Howcast24,425 views
- 2:19 How to Build Your Self-Confidenceby Howcast83,364 views
- 2:26 How to Decorate Your Lockerby Howcast181,936 views
- Loading more suggestions...