Soccer Girl - Canon 5D Mark II - Glidecam HD 4000
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 25, 2011
Stephen Anderson wrote the score. You can download the song on iTunes in the link below.
The song from this video is called "Nearer", it's from a old hymn that Stephen did his own rendition of.
You can also contact him here.
Film made by Devin Graham.
I'm on facebook and twitter now! :)
My friend Carolyn was the soccer play in the film. She's also the head soccer coach at BYU Hawaii.
We did all the filming on the island of Oahu, in Hawaii.
On a technical side, it was all shot on the Canon 5D Mark II, and for two special shots we did those with the GoPro HD.
I wanted to try and give people the "perspective" of the soccer ball, so what we did was we duck taped a GoPro HD camera to the soccer ball. I then hid behind a tree so I wasn't in the shot, and then Carolyn, the soccer girl in the video kicked the ball up as high as she could, that's how we got that shot.
As far as lenses go, the only lens I used was a Canon 16-35mm 2.8 L Series lens.
For the underwater shots with the ocean, I used a SPL housing specifically made for a Canon 5D Mark II.
I usually film all my movies at 24fps, however with this one, I wanted to try something new/experiment with. So I filmed all the shots with Carolyn at 30fps. I then conformed them with cinematools to 24fps. By doing this it slowed down the clips just a little bit, so they are barely played in slowmotion. It gives it a slight "dream effect" because of this.
With the GoPro camera, I filmed those two shots at 60fps, conformed to 24fps. After that, I then put it into a program called "Timewarp". It comes with After Effects, I then slowed the first GoPro clip down to 120fps.
The shots were the camera looks like it's "flying" were all done with a Glidecam HD-4000. You can check out the exact model on their official website here where you can also buy them. I've been shooting with there glidecams for the last 5 years, and love them. They do take a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get past that, it's all smooth!
I also answer a lot of other technical camera questions that I get in my blog, you can check that out below.
Also, thanks in advance for subscribing in the link below :) I put up new videos every other Tuesday.
For BUSINESS ENQUIRERS ONLY, you can contact me at this email.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:22 Fun at illegal water slide in Australia HDby martinba11Featured 3,482,864
- 2:40 Epic Violin Girl - Lindsey Stirlingby devinsupertramp 5,626,191 views
- 2:13 YoYo Kid - World's Best YoYo Championby devinsupertramp 1,018,533 views
- 4:11 EPIC Tarp Surfingby devinsupertramp 1,153,893 views
- 4:14 Far Cry 3 in Real Life - First Personby devinsupertramp 3,191,366 views
- 5:46 Epic Cliff Jumping Hong Kongby RogueElementsCrew 2,595,534 views
- 2:57 The Human Slingshotby aaronsbot 1,953,833 views
- 2:33 Trike Racing - Fast and the Furiousby devinsupertramp 3,356,299 views
- 6:51 Canon 5D Mark II 2 Dial Functionsby jonvideo 77,945 views
- 2:14 Trike Driftingby devinsupertramp 11,279,224 views
- 5:47 EOS 5D Mark II Video: Wedding - A Three Act Play by Bruce Dornby ChristopherKblog 275,607 views
- 5:19 Canon EOS - 5D Mark II - The Last 3 Minutes 1/5by ChristopherKblog 183,950 views
- 2:37 Cliff Jumping Hawaii - Proofby devinsupertramp 4,154,556 views
- 3:15 Waimea cliff jumpby devinsupertramp 2,443,938 views
- 2:29 Massive Toilet Papering Prankby devinsupertramp 568,330 views
- 4:02 Swimming in Fiji / Canon 7dby Morgan Maassen 502,484 views
- 2:18 Salt Boarding - Blank Snowboardsby devinsupertramp 1,652,724 views
- 1:53 Super Talented Soccer Girl!by funnydawg71 366,172 views
- 2:11 Homemade Fireworks - Great balls of fireby devinsupertramp 1,223,441 views
- 1:26 Glidecam HD-4000 and x10by ExpandoreSales 15,185 views
- Loading more suggestions...