Ron Paul: "Income Tax = Involuntary Servitude" - 4/13/2009
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 13, 2009
In his latest column, Ron Paul talks about Tax Freedom Day, a hypothetical holiday which is celebrated today, April 13, and symbolizes the fact that Americans are slaving away 3.5 months, or 28.2% of this year to fulfill the governments voracious appetite for outrageous taxes, catastrophic bailouts and misguided stimulus efforts. Ron Paul wants to abolish the income tax and replace it with nothing, and until that dream becomes a political reality, he fights for every tax cut and tax credit possible.
Taxes are the issue this week as Americans struggle to make the April 15th deadline to file their returns. It is a good time to contemplate the effects of big government and what it does to our country. The income tax is one of the most egregious encroachments on our liberties today. It is a form of involuntary servitude, which was supposed to have been outlawed by the 13th Amendment.
Tax Freedom Day is defined as the day when the nation as a whole has theoretically earned enough income to fund its annual federal tax burden. For all of the days of the year before this day, you are a slave to government. For 2009, Tax Freedom Day will come on April 13th. Almost a century ago in 1910, before the mistakes of 1913-namely the inception of the Federal Reserve and our current income tax, Tax Freedom Day was January 19th, signifying a mere 5% tax burden. Somehow, our country functioned just fine.
If calculated to include government spending and the deficit, rather than just collections, Tax Freedom Day would actually fall on May 29. The annual deficit adds to the growing debt of future generations and adds insult to injury to those that struggle to make this economy work. It is a slap in the face that this is not enough to prevent this crushing governmental burden from falling on the next generation.
For months now, Washington has been desperately throwing taxpayers money at various programs to stimulate us out of the recession, to no avail. Seeing hard-earned money confiscated from the people and spent in such wasteful ways, such as the recent bailouts, is almost too much to bear. Getting rid of the income tax altogether, while very beneficial, may be a while in coming. In the meantime, I am fighting for every tax cut or tax credit possible.
I can think of no better economic stimulus than letting people keep their money and spend it how they see fit. For this reason, I am an original cosponsor on a bill that would give Americans a two month employment and income tax holiday, while taking unused TARP money back from the Secretary of the Treasury and putting it in the Social Security trust fund instead.
In addition, I have recently introduced the Child Health Care Affordability Act. If passed this legislation would provide parents with a tax credit of up to $500 for health care expenses of dependent children. I have also re-introduced the Tax Free Tips Act, which would make tips exempt from federal income and payroll taxes. I am also an original cosponsor of a bill that would make permanent the deduction of state and local sales taxes. My bill HR 162 exempts Social Security benefits from income tax.
These are just a few of the many tax related bills I am fighting for in Congress, but without a corresponding cut in the size of government, which I am also fighting for, we are simply adding to the future tax burden of our children.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:58 Introduction to The Truth Behind The Income Taxby Michael NixsonFeatured 27,949
- 9:55 Federal Income Tax - Why you should not payby hempsavetheworld 95,600 views
- 8:00 * Former IRS Agent and Congressman Ron Paul say Federal Income tax is illegal!by chrisfromtexass99 29,351 views
- 8:50 Ron Paul: The United States is Bankruptby JoinRonPaul 22,704 views
- 6:58 How You Can Legally Avoid Paying US Income Tax (Aaron Russo)by russovideo1 83,714 views
- 50 videos Play all Stupid tax argumentsby RetSquid
- 9:51 The Amazingly Accurate Predictions of Ron Paulby RonPaul2008dotcom 181,448 views
- 6:47 Do we have to pay income tax?by julzdiego 30,629 views
- 14:27 Thee MISSING Original 13th Amendment, part 1by William WAGENER 8,942 views
- 9:36 INCOME TAXES ARE ILLEGALby 00zeronian 38,802 views
- Ron Paul 103,737 videos7K
- 4:28 IRS Commissioner Dodges Income Tax Question - No Law!by interpauler 63,921 views
- 14:36 Ron Paul: The Best Income Tax Rate is 0%by RonPaul2008dotcom 64,327 views
- 4:54 Ron Paul getting pissedby AljazeeraNewsChannel 359,133 views
- 10:12 Ron Paul on The Economy - Get Rid of The Income Tax - on Morning Joe 01-27-09by robpatozz 4,265 views
- 5:50 Bill Oreilly Panics After Ron Paul Brings Up 1953 Iran Coup by US and UK.flvby brambarend 1,884,985 views
- 4:47 Ron Paul Predicted 9/11 a Decade Ago!!!!!!!!!!!!by JoinRonPaul 330,933 views
- 7:58 Former IRS Agent Joe Banister and Ron Paul On CNBCby DBryson785 167,475 views
- 2:36 Ron Paul on Taxesby AK47FULLAUTO 64,366 views
- 1:27:52 Theft By Deception - Deciphering The Federal Income Taxby MasterpieceConCen7 4,085 views
- 10:57 Glenn Beck and Ron Paul - Fool Me Once ...?by OneWithTheTruth 2,247 views
- 5:44 Ron Paul Lays the Smack Down on Tiny Tim Geithnerby NWOpartycrasher 17,771 views
- Loading more suggestions...