Boxing: A Tale of HBO Nuthuggery
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 18, 2012
Read the description, lest you chance making a fool of yourself commenting.
This video IS NOT about who won the fight, nor is it really about the fight. Read the title.
In order to keep the video within 15 minutes, I had to cut corners. If you feel the action moves too fast, pause, rewind, replay. Much of what I wanted to include had to be scrapped as well.
I'd like you to pay attention not just to the action, but what the commentators say. When HBO constantly repeated "Pacquiao", and they did that A LOT, they made some viewers subconsciously favor Manny and concentrate on the things that Pacquiao is doing. Note how they keep talking about Pacquiao's power, his musculature or status, oftentimes when Bradley is doing good work. Then, they also degrade Bradley's work by either ignoring it or straight talking shit. Throw in all the bogus shot calls, Ledderman scorecards, crowd reaction, and what you have is an attempt to sway the viewer. If you don't believe TV got people mind controlled, then you also probably still think you live in a free country or that you are doing something noble by joining the military. For example...
The point is not to show that all of Bradley's shots were clean and powerful, although some were. The point is to show how the HBO team would call Pacquiao's complete misses as scoring and even hurtful shots, all the while ignoring Bradley's partial shots and clean connects. Isn't a partially blocked jab from Bradley a more effective shot than some of Pacquiao's "straight left hands"? But I guess if you call Pacquiao's misses as clean shots, your goal is not to be fair or truthful, is it?
Lastly, how is it that Pacquiao supposedly landed all these quality shots, yet Bradley's face looked almost untouched? Wouldn't all these straight left hands show like they did on every other opponent? Anyone?
If you disagree and believe that Pacquiao did land a lot of clean shots and HBO was fair, please submit a video response. If want your argument to be more than mere OPINION, I guess you're gonna have to do some work, huh? Talk is cheap.
And for the record, I had Pacquiao winning a close fight that could've gone either way.
Thanks for watching.
Standard YouTube License
- 30:19 HBO'S JIM LAMPLEY & MERCHANT ARE THEY RACIST OR BIAS?by P4P Boxing Talk!!!Featured 23,726
- 25:30 Tale of Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson (HBO Legendary Nights)by ibhof22 29,715 views
- 3:48 HBO Boxing: Amir Khan v Zab Judah KOby Billy W 487,504 views
- 6:03 Pacquiao Bradley Robbery? You decide.wmvby geohunk 8,862 views
- 3:01 Tim Bradley rips Floyd Mayweather Jr., says he is a bit too arrogantby WeLoveFlipdawg 135,026 views
- Manny Pacquiao 57,471 videos27K
- 11:12 Boxing: Pacquiao vs Bradley - Judged, Not Measuredby PrecisePuncher 3,161 views
- 3:23 "Bob Arum FIXED Fight to Stall Pacquiao vs Mayweather" -Dana Whiteby Lisbeth Tettleton 51,631 views
- 28:40 Top 10 Best Boxing Rounds Of 2010 ᴴᴰby TheTrueChampDotCom 117,647 views
- 7:48 HBO Boxing: Antonio Margarito - Greatest Hitsby HBOsports 184,401 views
- 3:34 10 Manny Pacquiao Boxing Tricksby expertboxingvideos 692,362 views
- 5:27 HBO Boxing: Fights of the Decade - Gatti vs. Ward III (HBO)by HBO 334,327 views
- 9:51 Legendary Nights: Tyson Lewis Part 1 [Abbas Khan]by Abbas Khan 56,622 views
- 3:45 10 Floyd Mayweather Boxing Tricksby expertboxingvideos 567,318 views
- 9:50 Legendary Nights: Leonard Hagler Part 1 [Abbas Khan]by Abbas Khan 72,919 views
- 8:32 HBO Boxing: Amir Khan - Greatest Hitsby HBOsports 302,676 views
- 9:55 Legendary Nights: Tyson Douglas Part 1 [Abbas Khan]by Abbas Khan 64,718 views
- 1:44:49 Naseem Hamed vs Marco Antonio Barrera 36th of 37by FameKillusion 839,473 views
- 2:27 HBO Boxing: Victor Ortiz vs. Lamont Peterson Highlights (HBO)by HBOsports 469,155 views
- 13:42 [Decoding] Pacquiao-Marquez 3: Secrets To Juan's Success, Pacquiao Weaknesses by Andre Gantby Andre Gant 171,201 views
- 4:55 Manny Pacquiao vs Tim Bradley Weigh in @ FightFan.comby FightFancom 312,458 views
- Loading more suggestions...