121212 Concert Sandy Relief Benefit [EXCLUSIVE]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 15, 2012
http://bit.ly/121212-Concert - Get a FREE pair of Beats by Dre headphones to listen to the 121212 Concert on!
Hurricane Sandy was one of the devastating East Coast storms which continued for 13 days. It has killed more than 100 people and destroyed various communities in the coastal New York and New Jersey making thousands of people homeless. The October storm left various parts of New York under water and millions of people were without electricity over weeks. It was one of the most devastating storms which left over 305000 housing units destroyed in New Jersey and New York. On 12/12/12 a concert was held to raise funds for the survivors of Hurricane Sandy where musicians who were strongly associated with New York and New Jersey sang songs of hope, reincarnation and perseverance. The concert was held at New York's Madison Square Garden and was one of the biggest concerts of all times.
The concert on 12/12/12 was organized by Harvey Weinstein which was around five hours long. 121212 concerts were initiated with Bruce Springsteen followed by Bon Jovi and Billy Joel. The concert was ended by Alicia keys. Mick Jagger, Beatle Paul McCartney, Kanye West, two members of Nirvana, comedians and talk show hosts also took part in the concert. The revenue generated from the 121212 concert was given to the 'Robin Hood Foundation' who will in turn help the survivors of the Hurricane Sandy. More than $30 million was raised from corporate donations, sponsorships and ticket donation. 121212 concerts was sure a big hit.
Songs like 'No one' by Alicia Keys, 'My city in ruins' by Bruce Springsteen and 'Who says you can't go home' by Bon Jovi encouraged the audience filled with hope. Springsteen was pretty much serious in his performance and he and the E street band started performing at the show at 7.30. He sang songs like 'Land of Hope and Dreams', 'Wrecking ball', 'my city in ruins' and 'Jersey girl'. But before he hit the stage, a documentary film about the devastation caused and aftermath was shown to the crowd. 'Born to run' was sung by Bruce Springsteen along with Bon Jovi who waved his arms while casting magic charm on the crowd. 'It's my life', 'Wanted dead or alive', 'Living on a prayer' and 'Who says you can't go home' were some of the songs sung by Bon Jovi.
The five hours of concert bought the spectators with full of surprises. The 121212 concert was aired on 15 different types of network all over the United States. It was one of the most greatly dispersed events and was made obtainable all over the world. The show can be streamed on various websites.
Paul Shaffer played the piano and the comedian amused the audience with the inspired lyrics. "Sandy, screw ya", was the phrase shouted from the crowds. All the performances were done to help the victims of the great Sandy Hurricane. The show was followed by Roger Waters who sang songs like 'another brick in the wall', 'us and them', 'money' and 'comfortably numb' with Eddie Vedder. His performance sent uproar in the crowd. He was joined on the stage by a group of beautiful dancers who wore black and white short that read 'Fear builds walls'.
There are various other artists who performed in the 121212 concert like Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Dave Grohl, Chris Martin, Kanye West, The Rolling Stones, The Who and Paul McCartney. 'Who are you', 'Bellboy', 'Pinball wizard', 'Tea and Theatre' and many others were some of the songs sung by the Who. 'Empire State of Mind' was performed by Alicia Keys. The crowd got excited when Martin sung a duet with Michael Stipe on 'Losing My Religion' by R.E.M. McCartney performed on various songs like 'Live and let die', 'Helter Skelter', 'I've got a feeling', 'Let me roll', 'Nineteen hundred and Eighty five' and 'Blackbird'. Billy Joel was a sensation at the piano. The hip hop numbers by Kanye West was mind blowing. Drave Grohl, sung the new song, 'Cut me from slack'. The Rolling Stones just played only two songs, 'Jumpin Jack Flash' and 'You got me rocking'. Mick Jagger joked at one time telling that 121212 concert was one of the greatest concert comprising a huge collection of the old English musicians.
This concert was one of the greatest hits towards the classic rock show. At this concert, there were all types of fans. The price of the tickets ranged from $150 to as high as $2500. There were many celebrities present in the show like Adam Sandler, Jon Stewart, Jimmy Fallon, Sean Combs, Brian Williams and Leonardo DiCaprio. Adam Sandler sang 'Hallelujah' alongside with Paul Schaffer. Some of the world's greatest performers were performing under one stage on the night of 12/12/12 and their performance was mind blowing.12/12/12 night was a thrilling night full of music, comedy and lots of entertainment.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:15:05 Billy Joel: Live at Madison Square Garden 12-28-98by stoots24 Featured 8,735
- 1:39:19 The Keep Full movie 1983by TweetyLTWG169,293 views
- 38:51 Roger Waters Stand Up For Heroes 2013by Oscar Melendez darksidetechinc11,962 views
- 2:56:33 12-12-12 The Concert For Sandy Relief 1/2by wars14025,842 views
- 1:31:40 Pink Floyd - Classics - Live in Concert - 01:31:40 - HD - Full Show [ 1989 Live in Venedig ]by livefromthedarkstage530,895 views
- 41:07 PAUL McCARTNEY AT 12-12-12 SANDY RELIEF CONCERT (Complete)by Carlos Cobas28,025 views
- 30:49 Roger Waters - 12-12-12 Concert for Sandy Relief - Full Setby Pink Floyd The Web13,663 views
- 17:08 THE WHO part 2.12-12-12 - The Concert For Sandy Relief (2012)1080i HDTVby TheAvka11,365 views
- 7:13 David Gilmour Comfortably numb new york sessionby Tony Campos1,748,560 views
- 2:20 Mick Jagger Still Rocking at Age 70; Rolling Stones Frontman Discusses Recent Performancesby ABC News46,556 views
- 28:33 Bruce Springsteen - Full Concert 12-12-12 for Sandy Reliefby The Stone Pony Club Spain106,638 views
- 2:32:45 Roger Waters - In The Flesh LIVE FULL CONCERTby Judas Cordova618,570 views
- 18:11 THE WHO part 1. 12-12-12 - The Concert For Sandy Relief (2012)1080i HDTVby TheAvka9,050 views
- 7:04 Roger Waters & Eddie Vedder Comfortably Numb 12.12.12.by Dustin Smith109,555 views
- 7:55 Roger Waters Us and Them from Sandy Concert Relief 12 12 12 MSG NYby Midtalker3,169 views
- 4:14 kurt cobain talking about axl roseby GrUngeRoCK1012,209,754 views
- 4:05 Eddie Vedder "Without You" on Letterman 06/20by srzn11111,481,054 views
- 5:42 Eddie Vedder & Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - The Face Of Loveby Hypno Toad44,446 views
- 2:00 "Balls In Your Mouth" With Jimmy Fallon & Eddie Vedderby Late Night with Jimmy Fallon330,147 views
- 24:01 Guitar Lesson: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numbby Frethub Guitar Lessons100,262 views
- Loading more suggestions...