Shosholoza & Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika, Great songs - Springbok Emblem Is Here to Stay!!!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 25, 2008
Thankfully the Springbok emblem was not replaced.
Enjoy the tunes from Sacre 'Shosholoza' and then Ladysmith Black Mambazo & The Morriston Rugby Club Choir 'Shosholoza (Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika)' Great Stuff!!!
As you are no doubt aware, the Springbok emblem is once again under attack, specifically by the SA Parliament's Sport Portfolio Committee.
They demand nothing less than the complete abolition of the Springbok emblem and it's replacement by the King Protea as the symbol for rugby. They also demand no further use of the term, Springboks, to describe the South African national team. They will not consider any compromises, despite the fact that Nelson Mandela supports the Springbok emblem and that it is quite evident that the Boks have massive public support.
So much for building the Rainbow Nation, reconciliation and fashioning the united non-racial society we yearn for!
The driving force behind this lunacy is Butana Khompela, the same man who threatened to confiscate the Springbok team and management's passports before the World Cup, if the team was not "transformed enough." Despite the massive support show by the country for the Springboks during both World Cup wins, this little bureaucrat with an axe to grind continues to seek the destruction of a beloved emblem which has been in existence for over 100 years.
What can we do?
On 1 December 2008, South Africans all over the globe are planning to stand up in visible protest against political interference in the issue over the Springbok emblem.
On this day we ask all of you to wear your hat, blanket, jersey, t-shirt, cap, scarf, pants, gloves or whatever, with the Springbok emblem on it .
Whether it is to work, school, church or even parliament, as long as the emblem can be seen.
Please send this message to all South Africans and fair-minded friends of South Africans so that they may take part on the 1 December 08.
Whatever you do, REMEMBER, 1 DECEMBER 2008, IS THE DAY ON WHICH YOU CAN TAKE PART IN A WORLDWIDE PROTEST ACTION.
Supporters do it in green - with the Bok on their chests. Send this to all Bok supporters that you know and lets show support round the globe.
The Boks need our support now more than ever before, especially with all this political indaba. We support you all the way Boks, you are the best............ Simunye!!! Go Bokke!!!
From All The Proud Springbok
More tags: shosholoza lekker lekker percy montgomery bryan habana francois steyn currie cup final 2008 25 october absa stadium luke the puke watson with a bib luke watson allegations saru cheeky watson rugby world cup 1995 2007 rwc braai jol suip klippies politics nkosi sikeleli afrika sa national anthem african music the best leon schuster springbucks zulu's xhosa's british and irish lions tri nations 2009 kiwis aussies schalk burger bakkies botha brussouw
'Shosholoza & (Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika)' Springbok Emblem Is Here to Stay!!!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Shosholoza (Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika Mix)" on
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- 1:59:00 Rugby 1995. Semifinal. England v New Zealandby Кирилл Добычин6,371 views
- 57:52 South Africa Crime 2013 - Documentaryby DocumentationsForYou86,060 views
- 1:36:51 Wales vs Springboks 2013by TTRugbyVids NZ50,908 views
- 9:29 1995 Rugby World Cup Final post game and trophy presentationby jaiarc47,973 views
- 14 videos Play all Afrikaanse muziekby troeteltanya
- 6:55 Best Of Gothia Opening Ceremony 2007 - Shosholozaby Gothia Cup31,555 views
- 2:41:52 Rugby World Cup 1995 New Zealand vs South Africaby Richard Sherman73,911 views
- 8:33:36 South Africa vs Pakistan: 1st ODI Replayby Willow TV
- 11:39 South Africa vs New Zealand 1995 Extra time 2by asterix50bc44,760 views
- 4:39 Tribute to some of the PowerHouse's of Springbok rugby Part 1. Cool song from Creed 'With arms wide open'by bethulie13221,412 views
- 1:21:02 Ladysmith Black Mambazo & Soweto Gospel Choirby Ed Oomen17,861 views
- 4:20 Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Homeless Liveby LadysmthBlackMambazo233,021 views
- 1:34:18 Las Aventuras del Joven Indiana Jones 02 - Pasion por la vida Africa Este Britanica 1909by Mario Gallardo21,314 views
- 23:43 Child Prostitution - South Africa's young street walkersby Journeyman Pictures4,885,629 views
- 3:33 Invictus Soundtrack - 09 Shosholoza - Overtoneby Ruan Van Zyl171,715 views
- 1:41:43 The Rugby Championship New Zealand v South Africa Full Matchby Ragbis Fanebi102,775 views
- 1:59 Insane rugby FIGHT South African vs All Black FIGHTby James Adams190,559 views
- 3:15 The Drakensberg Boys Choir - Shosholozaby Chris Brooks674,353 views
- 4:37 Ladysmith Black Mambazo/Mint Juleps "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"by William Adams404,043 views
- 2:25 Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrica. Rugby world cupby Pierre Geumez112,373 views