Preaching Pro-Life on the 6th Sunday of Easter, Cycle C
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 30, 2013
Fr. Frank Pavone (http://www.FrFranksBlog.com), National Director of Priests for Life (http://www.PriestsForLife.org) shares thoughts on preaching pro-life on the 6th Sunday of Easter, Cycle C (May 5, 2013). We enjoy the presence of Christ in an on-going way, through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit reminds us of all the Jesus taught us.
More liturgical resources are at http://www.ProLifePreaching.com.
A fuller explanation follows.
Acts 15:1-2, 22-29
Rv 21:10-14, 22-23
The readings today instruct us that as a fruit of the Resurrection, we enjoy the presence of Christ forever, through his Holy Spirit. That Spirit both enlightens us interiorly and as a society, bringing about peace and right relationships.
The truth that the Spirit brings, first of all, is one with the word of Jesus and the Father, as the Gospel passage explains. No "new gospel" can come along under the purported inspiration of the Spirit. No such inspiration will contradict the settled teachings of the Church. Jesus says the Spirit will "remind" us of what he said. Such reminders are necessary as we journey through history, and through periods, as in our day, when certain trends obscure fundamental truths, such as that of the sanctity of life. When influences in society like the decisions of government or the messages of mass media line up against the sanctity of life, the Spirit "reminds" the faithful and the Church of the truth about life and how it is to be respected.
The Spirit guides not only individuals, in whom God resides (as the Gospel passage indicates), but also the community, as the first reading demonstrates. Moreover, the guidance, or light, of God will be the center of the community in the world to come. That is why the Second Reading indicates that there is "no need of sun or moon to shine on" the new Jerusalem, because "the glory of God gave it light and its lamp was the Lamb." The truth of God is what holds his people together, and brings the peace of which Jesus speaks in the Gospel. This truth is the foundation of the right relationships between us, including our relationships with the youngest and most vulnerable members of the human family.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:28 6rd Sunday Easter: In God We Trustby FatherMartino147 views
- 1:12:29 Family Stuck In A Rut & Can't Get Up ❃Bishop T.D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes25,981 views
- 51:25 Nothing Just Happens ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes82,287 views
- 1:21:14 Breaking The Cycle Of Pain ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes25,892 views
- 1:14:46 No Matter What, Serve The House ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes52,749 views
- 17:22 REFLECTIONS Show for 6th Sunday of Easterby Bob Johnnene115 views
- 15:44 6TH SUN EASTER YR C MAY 5, 2013 IS THERE PEACE IN YOUR HEART?by Fr Greg Vega79 views
- 7:56 My Son Chose To Live: An Anti-Abortion Storyby Charlxttte124,027 views
- 31:35 Joel Osteen - Get Over It - Sun, 15 April 2013by Joshua Solomon408,306 views
- 1:02:03 The Best of George Carlin: Exposing our government and fall of humanity one joke at a timeby BrainFeed.ca1,160,467 views
- 3:10 Preaching Pro-Life on the 34th Sunday of Cycle C - Solemnity of Christ the Kingby priestsforlife82 views
- 2:48 Preaching Pro-Life on the 5th Sunday of Easter, Cycle Cby priestsforlife109 views
- 1:59 Preaching Pro-Life on the 31st Sunday of Cycle Cby priestsforlife74 views
- 15:12 Homily for the 7th Sunday of Easterby Aberdeen Cathedral63 views
- 2:30 Preaching Pro-Life on the 7th Sunday of Easter, Cycle Cby priestsforlife92 views
- 9:48 George Carlin - 7 dirty words (best part)by tazredakteur738,859 views
- 1:41 KNXT-TV Reflections - 6th Sunday of Easter, Year C:by KNXT1103 views
- 6:16 Black Madonna Pro-Life Pilgrimage Across North Americaby HLI DotOrg3,278 views
- 49:17 Full Episode: George Carlin Stand Up Comedy, Dog Climber, Johnny Carson's Tonight Showby Johnny Carson
- 2:30 Preaching Pro-Life on the 2nd Sunday of Easter, Cycle Cby priestsforlife93 views
- Loading more suggestions...