Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 19, 2012
Don't forget to check out http://www.authoritylabs.com
Want to get me or Widget a gift? Check out our Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishli......
Audio file(s) provided by http://www.audiomicro.com
This video is in collaboration with and brought to you by Authority Labs. Pinterest is basically an online pin board where people pin stuff, and you repin things you like. It's realllyyy popular with women, and there is even a site called manteresting.com that posts manly stuff. Even funnier...some of you may not know this....but there is a porn site called sex.com that ripped off pinterests style and site design, but it's all pornographic. I won't link you to that on youtube, but I'm sure you can figure out how to spell it. So, back to Pinterest. *cut* I have to pin this. Ohhh cute! That looks taasty! Pin Pin Pin Pin *cut* There's no limit to what you can find, or pin, on Pinterest. People promote themselves. Businesses are trying to capitalize. *cha ching* "MUAHAHA I will be rich!" Wait a second. Pintrest will never be a spam wasteland, and I am gonna tell you why. right now. so listen up.
Number One: Photos. It has pictures. Finding pictures that capture the hearts of people is alot harder than coming up with a catchy title. It takes time and effort. People drive up their search engine rank by using a catchy title and good SEO but the content is bad. They just want dat ad revenue. Which is great news for those of you with good content or products because if the image isn't bangin, it won't get pinned. See, Pinterest doesn't really help SEO since Pinterest decided to 'nofollow' the URLs, so no useless spammers. Genius!
Number Two: Views aren't everything. You can definitely promote yourself on pinterest. But if no one likes it, or it wasn't worth their time, they won't repin it. Instead of views, it's repins that push your content to the top and bring amazing traffic to your blog or website. But if your image is boring or misleading people will comment and tell others not to repin and it's just a wasted effort.
Number Three: Followers. People can still see your pin if you have no followers, but it's less likely to get repins. You can't pin just your own stuff. If you have a low number of followers, you have to pin funny, interesting, inspiring, or useful stuff to reach new users. It may take a while. It's hard to get repinned if you have no followers.
Now, you can use Pinterest to promote yourself. Just don't do it with bad content. Plan a little. a lot. Creating popular content on Pinterest takes effort, but the result WONT BE SPAM. Because pinterest encourages and rewards good content, not clever spam.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:19 Android FOREVER? [Giveaway]by SassiBoB18,177 views
- 4:05 Sexy Nursery Rhymeby SassiBoB37,322 views
- 3:49 Thinq Drink Reviewby SassiBoB67,249 views
- 2:26 Funny Hurt Pitbull in Cone of Shameby SassiBoB11,889 views
- 5:35 Inspired by Pinterest: Toilet Paper Rollsby mycraftchannelonline32,627 views
- 7:00 Idiot Pride!by The Amazing Atheist155,132 views
- 3:02 Vlog, Birthday Gifts, and GoodBye Moonshine.by StevieBoebi13,514 views
- 7:33 Penn & Teller: Fool Us - Brynolf & Ljung (S01E06)by BrynolfandLjung751,258 views
- 2:29 House of D - Movie Trailerby zuguidemovietrailers40,576 views
- 6:09 'NDUCCIO - MARIO FACCI CAMPA' (video ufficiale)by NonSoloMusica Produzioni138,956 views
- 7:19 The Making of "SCISSOR ACTION"by MoonshineBonanza22,110 views
- 5:55 How To Use Pinterest For Your Businessby Scott Mckeagan7,270 views
- 25:10 SPEED GAME - Super meat boy - Chronique Jeuxvideo.comby jvcomchroniques96,080 views
- 8:05 Matt Mills: Image recognition that triggers augmented realityby TED123,895 views
- 4:33 LESBIAN PARTY!by GirlfriendsTV40,102 views
- 2:57 The Fall of Pinterestby CollegeHumor862,518 views
- 23:41 Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador! Roadkill Episode 5by Motor Trend Channel27,132,860 views
- 7:52 How To Post And Pin Your Blog Articles & Get More Traffic On Pinterestby internetincomepower397 views
- 2:54 Pinterest Training - How To Drive Blog Traffic With Pinterestby TopDogSocialMedia8,871 views
- 0:58 Free pinterest board followersby followerepinterest2,929 views
- Loading more suggestions...