Uploaded on Aug 28, 2011
ShivTandav Stotram is in Sanskrit. It is a beautiful composition of Ravana. Ravana was a great devotee of God Shiva. This stotra is very pious and famous. In the Falashruti of this stotra it is described that God Shiva gives blessing to those who recites this stotra In the evening, after pooja, which is composed by Ranvna; God Shiva gives them Chariot, Elephants, horses and wealth. In ancient times, Chariot, Elephants and horses, all these were considered wealth; in modern times we may be blessed by God Shiva with all type of wealth (we define as wealth).
1. God Shiva has wear garlands of very big serpents around his neck which is purified by flowing Ganga through the small forest of his Jata (long hears) and he danced on the rhythm of Dambru, this dance was very furious and called as Tandava. Ravana ask blessings for all of us from Shiva who is performing Tandava.
2. Ganga flowing through Jata of God Shiva very speedily and with making a loud voice is beautifying God's head. On the forehead of God Shiva fire is burning with a rhythm. Moon is also there on his forehead. I wish to concentrate in this roopa of God Shiva always.
3. Daughter of Giriraj, Parvati has wore ornaments on her head which are blooming all the directions (East-West-North-South & all); God Shiva is becoming happy seeing this. All our difficulties of the devotees are vanished when devotees are blessed by God Shiva or when God Shiva sees his devotees. I wish my mind become one with such God Shiva.
4. Serpents with their gems are present in the Jata/hairs of God Shiva. These gems are shining all the directions (representing young ladies) in yellow and red color. This Yellow and Red (Kukmkum) is a very special ornament of the ladies in India. Bhoothnath (God Shiva) has worn a blanket (Chadar) made from the skin of an elephant; I wish my mind (chitta) became one with that Bhoothnath (God Shiva).
5. God Indra and other Gods' bow to God Shiva. Shesh Nag (King of the serpents) is present on the head and Jata of God Shiva as a garland. I wish God Shiva bless me with the wealth which will remain with me forever.
6. God Shiva destroyed Kamadeva using the fire on his forehead. That fire is always present on his forehead. God Indra also bows to God Shiva. I request God Shiva as described above, to give the wealth.
7. Kamadev was destroyed in the fire which is always present on the forehead of God Shiva; I wish such God Shiva be always present in my devotion.
8. God Shiva who throat is dark blue just like the clouds in the night. He is wearing elephant's leather as clothes. Because of presence of Moon on his forehead; God Shiva is shining, I wish such Gangadhar (God Shiva) always increase my wealth and money.
9. God Shiva's throat is dark blue just like dark blue blooming lotus. He has destroyed Kamdev, Tripurasur, Bhav-Sagar, Daksh-Yadnya, Demon Elephant, Demon Andhakasur, and Yama-raj. I worship such God Shiva.
10. God Shiva is forever with egoless Goddess Parvati. He has destroyed Kamdev, Tripurasur, Bhav-Sagar, Daksh-Yadnya, Demon Elephant, Demon Andhakasur, and Yama-raj. I worship such God Shiva.
11. Big serpents are hiss and snorting, fire is also present on his forehead, he is dancing on the rhythm of Mrudungam. His dance is called as tandav-nrutya. I cheer for the victory of God Shiva.
12. Stone and delicate bed; serpent and garlands; precious gem and soil; friend and enemy; grass and young lady with lotus eyes; people and king in all these I see only equality, non is of less importance than the other; however I don't know when I will devote God Shiva?
13. I see God Shiva having a beautiful forehead, removing bad thoughts and sitting on the bank of holy river Ganga; I am chanting the "Shiva" name mantra but I wonder when I will become happy and be blessed by God Shiva?
14. Anybody who always recites, listen and describes this stotra; becomes holy and receives blessing from God Shiva.
15. After performing pooja in the evening that worships God Shiva and recites this stotra, God Shiva gives blessing to him and gives him Chariot, Elephants, Horses and Wealth and money which remain with him forever. Here completes this ShivTandav Stotra which is a creation of Ravana.
Stotra script in Sanskrit on following link.
Standard YouTube License