Fatal Amateur Stunt Footage..The death of 'DIY stuntman' Jim Bailey.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 8, 2009
It happened on Wednesday 1 April 1981, in Hawaii, killing Aussie stuntman Jim Bailey. This is the news report for those interested: Australian stuntman Jim Bailey, known as ''The Human Torpedo,'' fell 500 feet to his death from an airplane while making a film for television Wednesday, authorities said. Initially, authorities said Baily was performing for ABC-TV's ''That's Incredible,'' but the show's producer denied having any connection with the accident. Witnesses, including members of the Maui Fire Department and the rescue unit, said Bailey, a resident of Brisbane, Australia, was suspended underneath a single-engine Ballanca by a strap and belt when the belt broke. He hung onto the strap for a few seconds before falling.
Officials said the stunt called for Bailey to hang on under the plane during takeoff and slide to a landing when the plane made a ''touch-and-go'' on the strip.
Bailey had appeared twice on ''That's Incredible.'' In an episode televised Jan. 26, he was dragged behind a car and crashed head-first through a flaming wall.
On Dec. 8, 1980, an episode showed Bailey being dragged behind another car at 165 mph and then skidding 1,300 feet along the pavement. But Alan Landsburg, producer of the ABC show, said there was no connection between Bailey's death and ''That's Incredible.'' ''We have nothing going in Hawaii, we're not working there,'' Landsburg said from his Los Angeles office. ''We've been on hiatus for about three and one-half weeks.
We finished our season and we don't start shooting until June. ''The accident obviously shocks us, but there's no way it could have been our crew filming. I tell you it was not our shoot. The accident was not even remotely connected with ''That's Incredible.'' Landsburg said it was possible the accident involving Bailey was being filmed by a private company and Bailey later planned to sell the film to ''That's Incredible.'' Landsburg said accidents have occurred during previous filming for the show, prompting safeguards.
''We've set absolute limits on what we'll buy due to the accident factor,'' the producer said. ''We've had a few accidents and we didn't want any others. We made it very clear that we wouldn't consider that type of outside purchase.''
Standard YouTube License
- 1:24:50 The Battle of The Bulgeby HistoryFeed798,827 views
- 52:19 Marco Antonio Barrera vs Prince Naseem Hamedby MIchel Bresson421,778 views
- 9:43 MOST SHOCKING DEATHS ON CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!.flvby inam ullah1,645,815 views
- 4:46 MAN GOES NUTS DURING TRAFFIC STOP!by CaughtOnTapeTV192,823 views
- 1:04 Todd Green Seconds Before Death Performance at Selfridge ANG Air Showby brashcloset60686,442 views
- 2:34 Motorbike Jump goes Wrongby roggezzinho242,136 views
- 1:07 Death of BASE Jumper Dwain Weston -- Slammed Full Speed Into a Bridgeby brandon g3,028,701 views
- 9:56 Modern Samurai UNBELIEVABLE SKILLS. with subtitlesby TwistedMind2,766,237 views
- 1:13 Stuntman dies on live cam! (World record attempt, Sailendra Nath Roy, India)by Smoerble Smorebrod1,286,068 views
- 6:24 Bulldozer slips off truckby Chris Maginnis1,632,761 views
- 3:04 Aircraft Incident Compilation 1.by molly mollyisagooddog2,632,247 views
- 11:06 Бе-103 Гидроавиасалон 2010 Be-103 Hydro Air Show 2010by KonstantinKhmelik801,543 views
- 10:35 Awesome Pawsome - Tiger Island P1by Ember121Scorpio108,474 views
- 0:37 Horrible Aircraft Accidentby outdoorsintexas983,076 views
- 2:55 Cover Of The Rolling Stone-Dr.Hookby yendor613,185,579 views
- 2:25 Wing Walker's Fall From Plane Caught on Tape; Three Separate Air Show Tragedies Strike Across Globeby ABC News1,351,553 views
- 1:34 Father of Kidnapped Son gets Revengeby Greg Robinson12,463,852 views
- 1:50 Planting Potatoesby NiftyGaloot406,222 views
- 0:33 Passerby pushes suicide jumper off bridge in frustrationby GrabbbDotCom1,261,051 views
- 4:26 Idiots on motorbikesby TheMixster25,323,904 views
- Loading more suggestions...