"Free To Be Me" NHL Players Ryan O'Marra + Akim Aliu-1pm Bronte Oakville Canada Day "BeTheGame"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 1, 2009
OAKVILLE CELEBRATES CANADA DAY
With All Day Festival & Spectacular Fireworks Show Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Get ready for the party of summer 2009 and its FREE-no admission charge for a superb day of Fun in the Sun! The Corporation of the Town of Oakville and the merchants of the Bronte Business Improvement Area invite you to Oakvilles Canada Day Celebration on Wednesday, July 1st. in beautiful Bronte Village and harbour (southwest Oakville) on Lake Ontario.
Mayor Rob Burton Oakville urges residents and visitors alike to come to this annual event. The Town is very pleased to be a major partner, along with Heritage Canada and the Bronte BIA. In particular, we are proud to play our role in saluting our veterans and fallen heroes, and those that risk their lives to keep us safe and give us the freedoms we enjoy as Canadians. We dedicate Canada Day 2009 at the end of Veterans Highway as a salute and Oakvilles leg of the Highway of Heroes.
Bring your lawn chairs, hats, sunscreen, kiddies and strollers, and prepare to spend the day with us.
Enjoy a sizzling day of summer sun, samplings of food outdoors from participating Bronte restaurants, and items hot off the grill in our Beern Burger garden in the park, serviced by our friends and sponsors, the Kinsmen Clubs of Oakville.
For a small donation to good works, early birds can kick off the day at 8am. with the annual Oakville Trafalgar Lions Club pancake breakfast on Bronte Rd. south of Marine Drive.
Visit our vendors bazaar and artists row, featuring the works of noted Bronte artists such as Paul Sandilands, Robert Boast and Bob Irvine. Take time to walk around the village to our various art galleries and restaurants and bars.
Between 11 and 4pm, there are loads of FREE things for kids to do. Meet Cinderella at the Retro Rock Lounge Stage. Stay to watch Joharah, owner of Belly up Belly Dance Studio and her student troupes will perform the art form of belly dance to the audience, inviting all ages to participate in this beautiful and energetic form of dance.
RBC Bronte Branch presents a lineup of fantastic childrens entertainment throughout the day. Catch International Award Wining Magician Scott Dietrich, on Bronte Rd., Noam Marcus, a fantastic rollerblading mime and Rory Gaudon, a storytelling balloon artist out on the street. Enjoy free birthday cake for the first 100 kids, courtesy of Sobeys Bronte Village Mall. Dont miss out on exquisite face-painting art, and balloon antics, by Doodlebug and Roundabout, sponsored by local resident and realtors Sue Coleman and Kathryn Bandiera, Sales Representatives, Remax Aboutown Realty.
Bouncy castles and a huge obstacle course will round out the fun at a nominal sum.
Centriller Square Stage: on Lakeshore Rd. will feature some 7 acts playing a diverse range of music including blues, jazz, country, soul and rock, something for everyone. Alright Alright
Winners of the 2009 Metrolands Best of the West Battle of the Bands competition will perform at 7:30 and close the Centriller Stage at 9pm to lead people to the fireworks. The band took their favourite Clash, Buddy Holly, and Motown Records, and engineered an enigmatic sound of raw power and dancehall energy.
The Boardwalk Stage: on Bronte Rd. will feature five bands including The Sarah Burton Band. Sarah packs a deadly musical punch using charisma, charm and a rock and roll attitude. Sarah draws from country, pop and rock to create a sound that is both fresh and familiar. Sarah has toured and performed internationally.
Gazebo Main Stage: An afternoon of pickin in the park at the Gazebo Main Stage kicks off with Shawn Brush, the Krooked Cowboy, followed by five-time Juno nominated acoustic guitarist Stephen Fearing. Stephen was the first musician to play the Six String Nation Guitar on Canada Day on Parliament Hill 3 years ago. The pace heats up at 6pm with George Olliver & Gangbuster 8-pce band with horns performing some all-time classic favourites of the past. George Olliver is a Canadian musical institution. Audiences have been raving about his stage show for years.
Finishing off the evening on the Gazebo Stage and taking us up to the fireworks will be our Headliner
NewWorldSon. They won the 2007 Covenant Awards from GMA Canada for "Best New Artist" and "Roots/Folk album of the year". And were 2008 Juno Award nominees for "Best Christian/Gospel Album of the year" for "Roots Revolution".Their blend of pop, soul, jazz and gospel is unlike anything going on in popular music today.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:53 2096 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville - Listed by the GoodaleMiller Teamby GoodaleMillerTeam 27,213 views
- 7:16 119 Burgundy Drive, Oakville - Listed by the Goodale Miller Teamby GoodaleMillerTeam 13,543 views
- 1:38 Ryan O'Marra Interviewby hartwell913 1,110 views
- 1:08 Pig Pads, part 6: Fridgeby Rockford IceHogs 640 views
- 8:21 Drum Solo NewWorldSon Mark Rogers Canada Day 2009 Bronte Oakvilleby BronteBIAOakville 1,209 views
- 3:15 AKIM EL SIKAMEYA AND SALIM ALLAL'S DUO AT THE NOUBA D'ICI, PARISby Akim El Sikameya 1,013 views
- 0:34 BeTheGame.com - "Free To Be Me" NHL Hockey Players Canada Day 2009 Bronte Oakvilleby BronteBIAOakville 552 views
- 5:01 Adele - Rolling in the deep Bootleg By SteviBeby Stevibe06 141 views
- 2:29 BE THE GAME Sportswear and Ryan O'Marra Bloopersby Joe Drexler 525 views
- 16:40 22 Brookfield Rd Old Oakville, Lake Views Stunning Custom Home, One of a Kind!by ThisAgentSells.com 2,478 views
- 5:35 Beautiful Oakville - one of the most affluent towns in Canadaby proukraine 33,529 views
- 5:28 BellyUpBellyDance Studio - Joharah dances Lena Choreographyby BellyUp Belly Dance Studio 1,272 views
- 5:17 NewWorldSon Headline Canada Day 2009 Bronte Oakvilleby BronteBIAOakville 507 views
- 0:47 BE THE GAME PRO HOCKEY CAMP WITH RYAN O'MARRAby Joe Drexler 211 views
- 1:32 5.1 Earthquake shakes Ontario, Quebec, New York May 17 2013by 1112223333111 784 views
- 1:05 Ryan Reaves v, Akim ALiu 01-16-10by Jeff Tolliver 530 views
- 2:40 Pig Pads, part 1: Carsby Rockford IceHogs 715 views
- 1:04 Cuts Day: Ryan O'Marraby EdmontonOilers0001 485 views
- 9:11 Competition Kurdish Folk Dance Group Llangollen 2009 (by memzzy)by memzzy1984 11,106 views
- 3:38 Majnoon4Bellydance - Joharah's Fall Hafla 2009by Majnoon4Bellydance 689 views
- Loading more suggestions...