Uploaded on Feb 2, 2011
Beautiful song for Gopinath by Chakrini (http://www.chakrini.com/) at the start of the Radhadesh kirtan weekend of 2011. The Murti's of Radhadesh are named Radha Gopinath and their small form is present at the place of kirtan (conference hall) http://www.radhadeshmellows.com/node/2 http://www.radhadesh.com
Written by Bhaktivinoda Thakura in mood of surrender
(full text and translation)
1) Gopinatha, mama nivedana suno
visayi durjana, sada Kama-rata
Kichu nahi mora guna
1) O Gopinatha, Lord of the Gopis, please hear my request!
I am a fallen soul, always addicted to worldly desires,
and no good qualities do I possess.
2) Gopinatha, amara bharasa tumi
tomara carane, loinu sarana,
tomara Kinkora ami
2) O Gopinatha, You are my only hope
and therefore I have taken shelter at your lotus feet.
I am now your eternal servant.
3) Gopinatha, Kemone sodhibe more
na jani bhakati, Karme jada-mati
3) O Gopinatha, how will you purify me?
I do not know what devotion is,
and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work.
I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
4) Gopinatha, sakali tomara maya
nahi mama bala, jnana sunirmala
swadhina nahe e Kaya
4) O Gopinatha, everything here is your illusory energy.
I have no strength or clear and flawless knowledge,
and this body of mine is not free from the control of material nature.
5) Gopinatha, niyata carane sthana
mage e pamara, Kandiya Kandiya,
Korohe Karuna dana
5) O Gopinatha, an eternal place at Your divine feet
is what I beg for, weeping and weeping,
please give me the gift of Your mercy.
6) Gopinatha, tumi to sakali paro
durjane tarite, tomara sakati,
Ke ache papira aro
6) O Gopinatha, You are able to do anything,
and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners,
and who is more of a sinner than myself?
7) Gopinatha, tumi Krpa-parabara
jivera Karane, asiya prapance,
lila Koile subistara
7) O Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy.
Having come into this phenomenal world for the sake of the fallen souls,
You expand Your divine pastimes.
8) Gopinatha, ami ki dose dosi
asura sakala, pailo carana,
vinoda Thakilo bosi
8) O Gopinatha, what sin has made me so sinful
that although all the demons attained your lotus feet,
Bhaktivinoda has remained here in worldly existence.
Standard YouTube License