COD: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Preview - COD XP 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 2, 2011
http://bit.ly/ClevverGames - Subscribe!
http://Twitter.com/ClevverGames - Follow Us!
http://www.facebook.com/ClevverGames - Like Us!
Hi everyone and welcome back to Clevver Games, your source for gaming news on YouTube. I'm your host Andrea Rene with coverage on Call of Duty XP 2011. While at the press preview last night I got to get my hands on the never before seen Team Deathmatch for Modern Warfare 3. I think we all can agree that multiplayer is where Call of Duty shines and they have some big shoes to fill from Black Ops.
Let me start off by saying, wow, I was impressed. There has been so much hype between EA and Activision that I was starting to get worried for Call of Duty, but after demoing the game last night, I am reassured. Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward and Michael Condry from Sledgehammer Games took the stage to go over all the changes in multiplayer.
They listened to fan feedback and changed key features. There will be no more commando perk, no one man army, no nuke ending game, and no second chance. There are three types of strike packages, assault, support, and specialist. Each type has different rewards. If you are used to the way that killstreaks normally work, then assault is the package for you. You earn killsteaks rewards when you make kills, and your killstreak resets when you die.
Support is where killstreaks are now pointstreaks. In addition to earning points through kills, you'll also add to your streak with assists and completing special objectives like capturing the flag or taking a point in domination. The specialist package is for players that like to go solo. Instead of earning killstreak rewards you earn the ability to activate additional perks. After you reach your 8th kill, all perks are available to you.
The more you use a gun in multiplayer, the more proficiency you earn. You can choose how your weapon proficiency upgrades. For example, you can choose kick, magazine, stopping power and others in addition to attachments.
You'll be able to test these weapons out on 16 different maps that will come on the game disc and all maps will be available in Spec Ops mode. You can learn all about Spec Ops by checking out our other video on it. Other notable modes include the new Kill Confirm. In the new trailer you saw dog tags, which are central in this mode. Every player has dog tags and when you take another player out their tags drop and you have to go collect them to confirm the kill. This is where it gets interesting. Your rivals can prevent you from picking up the tags by grabbing their fallen comrades tags first, and vice versa. Adds a new dynamic to the run and gun style Call of Duty is known for.
COD is also known for Prestige status. Prestiging is the mark of a dedicated, and skilled player and the developers think you should be rewarded for prestiging. That is why they opened the Prestige Shop. It is a place where you can spend the points you earn for prestiging so you can to choose how you are rewarded. I don't have details on what is in the shop yet but I'll let you know once I find out.
Technical stuff aside, the game looks great. The look and feel is very fluid, the movement is seamless, and the new additions to the game only enhance this fact. Improvements to the multiplayer support many different styles of gameplay. BAM!
We'll have lots more from Call of Duty XP over the weekend so make sure to subscribe to get all the latest updates. I'm Andrea Rene and thanks for watching Clevver Games.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Call of Duty XP
- 3:21 COD: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Weapons, Perks, and Modes - Call of Duty XP 2011by Clevver Games10,731 views
- 5:19 Call of Duty XP - MW3 Multiplayer Details Revealed - Interview With Michael Condreyby Clevver Games6,453 views
- 3:47 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Premiere Trailer [HD]by Clevver Games2,497 views
- 53:17 Call of Duty: XP - Full Stream Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Reveal (Gameplay, Weapons, Perks)by UpdatesMW315,028 views
- 8:05 "RUSH 'EM!" - COD GHOSTS LIVE w/ Ali-A #9 - (Call of Duty Ghost Multiplayer Gameplay)by Ali-A287,996 views
- 4:55 NEW Call of Duty - ROBOT Zombies & FREE to play COD! - (COD ONLINE China Gameplay)by Ali-A546,531 views
- 11:38 Modern Warfare 3: Revealed [PART 2]- ALL PERKS, KILLSTREAKS, WEAPONS AND PRESTIGE SHOPby v2Drake19,284 views
- 6:28 Modern Warfare 3 | Multiplayer Gameplay - Hardhat | 30-2 Specialist Strike Packageby Bottlecap Videos2,605 views
- 8:06 "NEED MORE PEOPLE!" - GHOSTS LIVE w/ Ali-A #8 - (Call of Duty Ghost Multiplayer Gameplay)by Ali-A285,409 views
- 8:47 MW3 Information Wrap Up - COD Elite & Prestige Shopby MW2Joe5,899 views
- 12:11 Swiftor Says Kill The Dummyby swiftor2,585,851 views
- 32:53 Ghosts EXTINCTION GAMEPLAY! 30+ Mins Alien Mode w/ Ali-A! (Call of Duty Ghost Today HD COD)by Ali-A1,520,055 views
- 9:13 Black Ops 2 Funny Hiding Tactics Challenge (Glitch Trolling, Phone Call, Win/Fails, Funny Moments)by VanossGaming1,661,353 views
- 8:22 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with Robert Bowling E3 2011by Clevver Games20,777 views
- 14:01 Modern Warfare 3: Confirmed Multiplayer Facts & First Impressions on MW3 (Gameplay/Commentary)by crowofdebt4,343 views
- 36:41 FaZe Apex: Road to a KILLCAM! - Episode 58 - COD Ghosts! (FIRST ROUND!)by FaZe Apex76,019 views
- 13:39 The "USURPER" Challenge - Syndicate VS MuzzaFuzza - Round 1! (Call Of Duty Ghosts)by TheSyndicateProject300,640 views
- 5:53 Modern Warfare 2 Domination Tactical Nuke 48 Kill Streak! 63-5 Final Scoreby TheDysciple8,706 views
- 5:12 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer this weekend! - COD XP event for MW3!by Ali-A932,146 views