2012 BMW S1000RR motor break-in and street review
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 16, 2012
The BMW S1000RR is the best 'street bike' I have ridden. If you are looking to purchase a street bike for the street, the BMW is a must have. Not only the most powerful, but the safest and easiest to ride. If I could afford a 'street bike,' this is what I would ride.
Stickers available by Donation to firstname.lastname@example.org (paypal/email bank transfer). Minimum $15 for 10 stickers.
Please follow my blog at http://facebook.com/superbikeracer
Right out of the box, it handles like a 600, with smooth power delivery, and fantastic electronics. The ABS and DTC are simple amazing, and make the bike ridable for all skill levels. The OEM manual recommends "Slick" mode only when using racing slicks on a high grip race track, but I found "Slick" mode was the only way to ride. The "rain, sport, and race" modes were too intrusive with both ABS and DTC. We ran a few ABS tests with maximum braking using "Slick" mode on a dirty, bumpy road. The bike will perform a perfect 6'' 'stoppy,' with gently touching the rear wheel down to stabilize, and then the rear raises again to 6'' until a complete stop has been made. In higher-speed braking, the rear will touch the ground several times over the extended brake zone, keeping the rear wheel in line. The computer lets you know it's working wity brake lever vibration or pulsating. To test the ABS further, we dumped sand across the road two feet before the previous brake marker. The bike again performs a perfect 6'' rear wheel hover until the front tire contacts the sand. The ABS engages, releasing front brake pressure until traction is regained. Pressure is seemlessly re-applied, again continuing the 6 inch float to a complete stop. The DTC works same same but different. When accelerating in 'slick' mode over dirt sections the rear wheel spins just a bit, DTC engages, quickly reducing power to the rear wheel with a smooth transition. When traction returns, power on, and wheelie away! The ABS and DTC are simple amazing on the street. Hopefully the track will show the same results.
The German build quality is definitely better then the Japanese bikes I've worked on. I can't get over how well everything is put together. The German engineers really took the time to think about every nut and bolt on the bike. The Japanese bikes I've worked on often have too much plastic covering crap, and many bolts are impossible to reach. The BMW design build alone, makes the bike worth a couple grand more than the Japanese bikes. For example, the wheel spacers stay in place, the rear Brembo caliper has a holder/slider for easy tire swaps, and the OEM bodywork uses only metal fasteners, making quick street to race body work swaps possible. Even the electrical plugs are a better design. I'm sure many of my readers will agree, electrical connectors can be a bitch!
Thx for reading.. cheers
Standard YouTube License
- 20:38 BMW S1000RR and M13by M13 Featured 89,165
- 19:40 BMW S1000RR Superbike Racer 2012: "Elbow Down"by Marcel Irnie17,659 views
- 7:43 Is the new BMW S1000RR the new king? Interview with Nate Kernby Carlyle's Picks70,686 views
- 34:02 BMW S1000RR CDN Racer Documentary 2012: "The Rough Atlantic" CSBKby Marcel Irnie9,621 views
- 3:52 Unpacking my S1000RRby Hector Quintanilla91,064 views
- 7:01 BMW S1000RR Asymmetric Styling Explainedby lcmediacc25,522 views
- 0:23 BMW S1000RR BST CARBON FIBER RIMS, CARBON FIBER EVERYTHING, FULL REMUS TITANIUM EXHAUSTby skidoctoraz18,730 views
- 37:50 BMW S1000RR Racer Film at Miller Utah during WSBK, AMA Pro, and WERA Westby Marcel Irnie186,895 views
- 23 videos Play all BMW F650GSby christos21athens
- 8:06 Anti-wheelie modes BMW S1000RRby BradMan Shepherd14,603 views
- 7:40 BMW 1000RR Reviewby RidingWAOnTwoWheels .29,627 views
- 8:37 2012 BMW S1000RRby cyborggermaine7,668 views
- 19:53 BMW S1000RR CDN Racer Documentary 2012: "Super Soaker T1000"by Marcel Irnie2,963 views
- 13:13 Countersteering And Hard Brakingby iamramekin584,429 views
- 6:48 BMW S1000RR vs. Kawasaki ZX-10R Track Rideby Motorcycle.com96,768 views
- 4:23 BMW S1000RR vs SUZUKI GSXR 1300 Hayabusaby José Carlos389,651 views
- 1:02 BMW S 1000RR. ABS ???by hornetmachine3,751 views
- 20:59 BMW S1000RR CDN Racer Documentary 2012 at PIR: "It's always about fun"by Marcel Irnie3,746 views
- 5:49 Flat-out: New MV Agusta F4RR v Kawasaki ZX-10R v BMW S1000RRby MCN - Motorcyclenews.com312,395 views
- 7:01 BMW S1000RR vs European rivalsby MCN - Motorcyclenews.com412,260 views