Wood Carving Exhibition Sculpture Art Lanna Style Thailand Burmese Teak HiDef Video Stereo Sound
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 26, 2008
Woodcarving exposition of Thai sculpture and artworks in conventional Lanna style created by carver artisans in authentic Burmese teakwood. ศศินันท์ สุนิสา กลีบรัง sasinan sunisa kleebrang
SCULPTURE: The first known sculptures are from the Indus Valley civilization (3300--1700 BC), found in sites at Mohenjo-daro and Harappa in modern-day Pakistan. These are among the earliest known instances of sculpture in the world. Later, as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism developed further, India produced bronzes and stone carvings of great intricacy, such as the famous temple carvings which adorn various Hindu, Jain and Buddhist shrines. Some of these, such as the cave temples of Ellora and Ajanta, are examples of Indian rock-cut architecture, perhaps the largest and most ambitious sculptural schemes in the world.
WOODCARVING is a form of working wood by means of a cutting tool held in the hand (this may be a power tool), resulting in a wooden figure or figurine (this may be abstract in nature) or in the sculptural ornamentation of a wooden object.
TEAKWOOD: Genuine Burmese Teak its Latin name is "Tectona Grandis Linn". Teak or Golden Teak is the king of hardwoods and it's one of the world's most valuable timbers, recognized for its durability and stability. Teak is more durable than any other hardwood and has unparalleled rich beauty. Teak can withstand all types of weather. Ancient Burmese and Thai royalty considered teak to be a royal tree. It has been the pillar of the shipbuilding industry for centuries. The decks of the Titanic were covered in Teak, and the wood is as good today as the day she sank on 1912. Teak is also used in the Middle East oil industry as one of the very few timbers that can withstand the punishing heat of the desert and will not readily catch fire. Teak can withstand harsh chemicals, and is resistant to fungi, rot and termites. Unlike other woods, teak does not turn black when in contact with metals.
THAILAND: The Kingdom of Thailand is an independent country in Southeast Asia. To its north lies Laos and Burma; to its east, Laos and Cambodia; to its south, the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia; and to its west, the Andaman Sea and Burma. Its capital and largest city is Bangkok, called "Krung Thep Mahanakorn" in Thai. At 514,000 km², Thailand is the world's 50th largest country in terms of land area. It is similar in land area to France. The culture of Thailand incorporates a great deal of influence from India, China, Cambodia and the rest of Southeast Asia. Like most Asian cultures, respect towards ancestors and elders is an essential part of Thai spiritual practices. Thais have a strong sense of hospitality and generosity, but also a strong sense of social hierarchy. Seniority is an important concept in Thai culture. Elders have by tradition ruled in family decisions or ceremonies.
VIDEO: HiDef video with a stereo sound. It is a superior quality footage originally recorded in HD high definition NTSC widescreen format 1080i movie in the size of 1920X1080 pixels with Sony HDR-SR7E digital video camcorder using latest AVCHD compression technology. The original video contains Dolby Digital 5.1ch surround sound. Before uploading this video to YouTube I reduced its size to 1280X720 pixels using Free Video Converter v. 1.0 provided by http://www.koyotesoft.com/ with the following setup: MPEG2 codec, 16:9 aspect ratio, 29.97 fps and 5,760 bitrate. Kindly append &fmt=18 to the end of the URL and enjoy HiDef video with a stereo sound
Standard YouTube License
- 4:25 3D letter carvingby Matthias Wandel Featured 930,572
- 54:09 The Power of Art - Bernini (complete episode)by kunstskole178,266 views
- 5:23 Watch the Sasano-Bori Carving Technique Live!by japanesedollbiz709,988 views
- 0:59 The AXE Effect - Women - Billionsby burly198847,356,047 views
- 8:02 How to Sculpt A Sexy Lady in Polymer Clay Tutorial (Excerpt)by PROSESTUDIO2,195,205 views
- 6:06 Woodturning with 150hp lathe -Crazy Canadian Woodworkingby Paul Moore1,866,351 views
- 5:48 Eagle Chainsaw Carvingby Richard Kuefler242,280 views
- 4:37 Pyrography art by jean bouickby Michin Bouick121,970 views
- 2:43 Re: Beechworth treesby Tony Marsh316,181 views
- 6:17 Wood carving, 'Fan Bird Carving'by Stuart King277,439 views
- 1:39 Chinese Wood Carving Artist in Nanchang, Jiang Xi, Chinaby Thom Ives47,662 views
- 1:11 Carving a Female Head - Woodcarving Teaching DVD by Ian Norbury - Clipby James Norbury133,192 views
- 2:32 Wood carved by Radu Man / Ornament sculptat, sculptura in lemnby Radu Man180,266 views
- 8:21 SIMPLE JIG! turns a "bowl" on "tablesaw"!by izzy swan165,516 views
- 1:02 Intricate Thai Wood Carving Artby Ambar Hamid208,709 views
- 42 videos Play all wood carvingby ACKpanda
- 7:37 Haomaby Esmamovies380,604 views
- 7:29 My small woodcarving knivesby HillsnHollers446135,691 views
- DrevoREZ 9 videos292
- 2:58 Rick Kuper Chainsaw Artist demonstrationby jocatgo123124,082 views