Published on Sep 11, 2013
Today, our residents will be receiving a newsletter in their mailbox announcing our new communications program, SandyNow!
What makes this newsletter different is that it is designed to encourage residents to go online for even better content—videos, photos, blogs, issue papers, a calendar
SandyNow! is the way government should be communicating with their residents.
- It embraces technology using an integrated approach of social media, online interactive tools, mobile technology, video storytelling and traditional means...all to better engage residents
- Uses all available communication channels to give residents a CHOICE on how they want to receive information
- And, it encourages feedback so they feel more involved in the decision-making process.
- Best of all, it is a better use of tax-payer money because it uses cost-effective online methods that are much cheaper than traditional printing costs.
What is SandyNow!
- A monthly newsletter, always available online, but mailed to homes bi-monthly
- An online information dashboard at www.sandynow.com. This is a one-stop collection of helpful information about the city that is interesting, engaging and convenient for our busy lives.
- It is here our residents can read a blog about our trails, view a picture gallery, check out the city calendar, watch a video clip on home safety, read an issue paper on protecting themselves from unwanted solicitation, read the latest news headlines.
- It's available 24/7, it's engaging content, it offers feedback opportunities so we can start to have a conversation
- A mobile phone application available for download now on iPhone and Android.
- Social Media Channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Our Government Access Channel at Comcast Channel 17
- A newly designed website that will adjust according to the device you are using whether that be home computer, iPad or Smart Phone.
SandyNow is about making connections with our residents and using technology is the best way to do it.
A recent Facebook story says it best.
My vision for Sandy City is that we will set the standard for open communication. We will create a true citizen-city connection that encourages dialogue, empowers citizens and builds a community where all felt heard and involved.
Standard YouTube License