iBook Author Tutorial-Insert and Modify a Media Widget
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 24, 2012
With the Media widget, you can add a video file with the extension .m4v (H.264), or an audio file with the extension .m4a (AAC). If you have other types of video or audio files, you can convert them. This is the tutorial of inserting and modifying a video in iBook Author. What you need is a computer with installed iBooks Author application and a piece of m4v video.
First, click the iBooks Author application and open the template. Choose Media from the Widgets pop-up menu in the toolbar. A small browser will pop up and a media template will be automatically embedded in the current page you are working on. The Media widget appears as a thumbnail image in iBooks Author.
Then Drag the video from the Finder or the Media Browser to the widget.
To preview the video, you can click on the "play" button.
In the interaction section in Widget inspector, you can start or stop playback at specific points by dragging the Start & Stop slider. To choose the frame to display until the file starts playing, you can drag the Poster Frame slider. If you want to make playback start over when the file finishes playing, you can choose an option from the Repeat pop-up menu. To display the media file as a thumbnail image in the finished book, you should select the "Full-screen only" checkbox. To continue to edit the widget: Select the thumbnail image, click Edit Media, make your changes, and click Done. To change the thumbnail's image: Drag a new image to the thumbnail. In the finished book, readers tap the widget's thumbnail image, and the media file is displayed full screen.
You can also drag a media file directly to the book page without adding a Media widget first. If you want to change the place of media in your page, you can click the media template and drag it to wherever you want.
You can also change the size of your video. When you click on the media template, you will see eight little squares surrounding the inserted media. Click any one of the square and drag to a different direction, you can change the size as you like.
If you want to add title, caption and background to you media widget, you can select the Title, Caption and Backgroud. Otherwise, they will not show up. To change the margin of your background, drag the Margin slider or change the number next to the slider to set the space between the content and outer boarder.
You can customize the appearance of media template by clicking on the "layout" button. There are three types of layout. By clicking on the "top", you can put both of the title and caption above your video. By clicking on the " top / bottom", you can put the title above your video and the caption below your video. By clicking on the " bottom", both of your title and caption will be below your video.
To include an automatically updating label, choose an option from the Label pop-up menu.
You can add an accessibility description to the media in your book. When the book is viewed on an iPad, VoiceOver (Apple's screen reader) reads the object's accessibility description aloud. If you don't provide a description, VoiceOver reads the object's default description.
That's how to insert and modify media in your iBook.
- 31:48 Introduction to Digital Publications - Apple iBooks Author Boot Campby creativeLIVE2,393 views
- 10:19 Ibooks 2 review and Ibooks author tutorial - 'ibooks 2' 'ibooks author tutorial'by HowToTutorialHelp5,981 views
- 29:20 How to Create an iBook Step By Step Comprehensive How-To Guide (Part 1)by Matthew Henchen39,083 views
- 9 videos Play all iBook Authorby teachingpalette
- 12:37 Meet the iBook's Widgets, get to know them, which file's extensions needed.by 1chomps6,268 views
- 8:49 iBooks Author - Adding review questions to an Electronic textbookby David Allen2,647 views
- 7:05 iBooks Adding Interactive Widgetsby David Allen10,304 views
- 8:04 iBooks Author: The Complete Beginner's Guideby Tablo Publishing4,485 views
- 59:29 iBooks Author Basics Webinar (Updated)by jeffbatt0110,427 views
- 5:30 How To Get Any Paid Book FREE In iBooksby iiHOST1159,100 views
- 14:04 How to publish your ebook to itunesby SimpleWealthVideos12,985 views
- 13:25 Introducción a iBooks Authorby publicarendigital5,339 views
- 9:15 iBooks Authorby David Allen3,348 views
- 5:27 How to add and modify a review widget in ibook author.by diyjourno1,804 views
- 6:28 iBooks Author Application for making iBooks Textbooksby David Allen3,705 views
- 2:33 How to: LeafletJS in iBooks Authorby spatialviews2,019 views
- 1:04:04 iPad Today 81: iBooks 2, iBooks Author, iTunes Uby twit1,820 views
- 14:52 Make & Sell iBook 2 for iPad with Author, Keynote, Dashcode, Sketchup and Colladaby Jeremy Kemp11,602 views
- 7:51 How to Add Audio Widgets to iBooks Author using Tumult's Hype.movby Donald Claxton1,466 views
- 5:11 How to format video for iBooksby Web Video Chefs8,409 views