Sister Jean Webster - In Memoriam - 1935 - 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 11, 2011
With deep sadness we join the immediate family, close friends, neighbors and the countless people Jean called her guests, in mourning the death of Sister Jean Webster. Her life was a continuous example of selfless caring for those in need and an inspiration for anyone who knew her or knew about her.
Over 27 years ago, Jean Webster saw a man foraging for food in a trash can and took him into her home and fed him. From that initial act of kindness Sister Jean's commitment to care for those in need grew to match the size of her heart. Today, located at the Victory First Presbyterian Deliverance Church at 1301 Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City, Sister Jean's Kitchen feeds over 400 disadvantaged people every day, Monday through Friday.
For the past several years, as her health deteriorated, Sister Jean was concerned about whether the work of the Kitchen would continue after her death. She realized that poverty and hunger are basic problems of the human condition that would survive her. For this reason she authorized the creation of the Friends of Jean Webster, a 501-(c)-(3) corporation. The goal of the Friends of Jean Webster, Inc. is to insure that Sister Jean's legacy will continue and that those most in need will be able to receive a nutritious meal in a place where they will be treated like guests, with care, compassion and respect.
Therefore, in tribute to Sister Jean Webster and inspired by her example we are pleased to announce that her legacy will live on. The Kitchen will remain in operation under the leadership of the Friends of Jean Webster and will continue to provide a safe place for a nutritious meal for hungry people.
The Friends of Jean Webster may be contacted through its Executive Director, Rev. John R. Scotland at 1501 W. Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203, via phone at 609-266-7942 or through any of its board members. Members of the Board of the Friends of Jean Webster, Inc. include: Linda Carney, President, Jon Rosky, Vice President, Janet Bossi, Treasurer, Gay Channell, Secretary, Shawn McCloud, Bunny McGee, Richard Williams, Nathan Johnson and James Esco.
Because Sister Jean gave everything she had to others, The Friends of Jean Webster, Inc. will do everything we can to join with her immediate family by assisting in making her final arrangements. Memorial donations in honor of Sister Jean can be made on her official Web site, located at www.friendsofjeanwebster.org, or by mailing them to the following address:
Friends of Jean Webster (FOJW)
P.O. Box 5146
Atlantic City, NJ 08404-5146
Standard YouTube License
- 5:45 Sharing and caring each other.by Raja Azlan Raja AbassFeatured 294
- 5:03 Sister Jean Webster - The Mother Theresa of Atlantic Cityby friendsofjeanwebster 615 views
- 10:45 Praise Break (2011 15th Annual Womens Conference)by NewShilohBaptist 761 views
- 3:41 In Memoriam: Bob Frost 1952-2011by A2customvideo 360 views
- 2:38 Feeding the hungry in Atlantic Cityby Star-Ledger video 717 views
- 13:53 In Memoriam: Infant Death & Vaccination, May 25, 2011by Stand up and be counted 12,490 views
- 4:40 Todd Duncan, Anne Brown " Bess, You is My Woman" Original Porgy and Bess (1940)by Music is Timeless 6,864 views
- 1:45 Jehovah's Witnesses in Africaby Jw Brothers 4,123 views
- 1:21 Funeral Servicesby vinu1801 64,265 views
- 5:50 Canarias Lamin School: las sonrisas de Áfricaby David Talavera Fraguas 940 views
- 5:17 Selfless giving, a way of serving others.by Annasamovar 2,350 views
- 6:13 Malaysia Volunteers in Selfless Serviceby Gene Massey 237 views
- 4:50 BE AMAZED! Let's all start caring for each other!by s1nn3r2010 441 views
- 8:56 Brigantine Beach NJ - Historyby Vin3Man 4,261 views
- 5:17 Coast Guard, Good Samaritan Rescue 2 Near Brigantine, N.J.by DVIDS 353 views
- 1:13:11 What Mother Teresa Taught Me: Life and the Universityby University of Southern California 833 views
- 4:55 Nineteenth Annual Video Contest Third Prize Winner - "Jean Webster"by TheChristophers 303 views
- 5:41 new jersey snow stormby Ron Henry 639 views
- 26:41 After The Test- The Power Is Revealed (Part1)by NewShilohBaptist's channel 79 views
- 2:38 Vita-Living: The Story Behind Creative Caring of People with Developmental Disabilitiesby vitaliving1982 297 views
- Loading more suggestions...