Third Man Records - Record Store Day 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 30, 2012
This year we have some things for record store day that we are REALLY excited about... Without further ado... We give you this years innovations:
The 12-inch single of Jack White's "Sixteen Saltines" comes complete with a playable etching on the b-side (designed by George Ingram), a cover of U2's "Love is Blindness." Truly a sight to behold, the etching depicts Third Man's iconic logo and the grooves of the record play through the image, presenting consumers with the world's first-ever playable etched record ®.This is an entirely different process (and look) from your Styx and Split Enz records from the 80's. No lasers, holograms, or rainbows are involved in this playable etching.
As if that weren't enough, Third Man took the playable etching one step further and used the same parts to make a limited-edition version of the "Saltines" 12-inch single. Not only is the etching playable, but the record itself is pressed on clear vinyl and filled with psychedelic blue liquid. While the soundtrack for the 1978 film The Black Hole was initially prototyped as a liquid-filled disc, problems with leakage prevented it from ever being released. The liquid-filled "Saltines" is the first-ever disc of its kind to be made available to the public.
In addition to these two releases, Third Man is also releasing the new single from Karen Elson. The cover of Jackson C. Frank's "Milk and Honey" is pressed on milk and honey split-colored vinyl coupled with a laser-cut lace sleeve. The visual these two elements make when combined together is, as you can see, stunning.
In addition to that, Third Man is releasing a milk and honey swirled colored vinyl of Elson's single as well as a red vinyl with black whisps edition of the White Stripes "Hand Springs" and "Red Death at 6:14", two songs that have been out of print on vinyl for over ten years. These two releases, along with the CD/LP release of Jerry Lee Lewis' live recording at Third Man (that took place on Record Store Day 2011) will be available at ANY record store wise enough to have ordered copies for Record Store Day.
The liquid-filled record ® and laser-cut lace split-color will ONLY be available from Third Man Records physical location in Nashville (623 7th Ave S) on Record Store Day, April 21st, 2012. The playable etching will also be available from Third Man and a select number of record stores.
Start lining up now.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 2:46 Jack White Liquid Filled Record- Record Store Day 2012by KozmicBluesGirl8's channelFeatured 27,576
- 2:06 Triple Decker Recordby OfficialTMR 271,629 views
- 4:13 School Choirs and Bands at Third Man Records - A Vinyl Recording Experienceby THIRD MAN RECORDS 12,747 views
- 4:32 The Third Man Novelties Loungeby THIRD MAN RECORDS 26,456 views
- 3:01 The Black Belles - Wishing Wellby OfficialTMR 174,579 views
- Third Man Records 513 videos70
- 3:00 Jack White - Record store day 2013by AlisonNicoleMosshart 40,073 views
- 7:10 John Lydon Interview Record Store Day 2012by Interminable77's channel 17,887 views
- 3:15 Jack & Alison funnyby minniwhite 322,531 views
- 5:20 Jack White & Wanda Jackson - Black Cab Sessionsby ChloeQueenOfTheMods 87,470 views
- 10:20 Jack White Arte Interview 2012 (Part 1)by NO STRANGER TO THE STRANGE. 130,573 views
- 2:16 Record Store Day 2011 at Third Man Recordsby OfficialTMR 35,068 views
- 19:51 Red, White, and Black: The Jack White Story 1/3by Kelly Lynn Ardito 50,546 views
- 51:41 Jack White - Austin City Limits (Full Show)by alisongardinersg1 6,224 views
- 9:58 Milwaukee Record Store Crawl 2011by EoLoVoX 7,181 views
- 3:44 The Black Belles - What Can I Do?by OfficialTMR 688,529 views
- 1:33 Flexi Disc Balloon Launch for Jack White - Freedom At 21by OfficialTMR 89,547 views
- 1:42 Document Records reissues from Third Man Recordsby THIRD MAN RECORDS 27,660 views
- 1:13 You try Spinning at 3RPMby Ben Young 17,370 views
- 5:45 Wanda Jackson - Thunder On The Mountainby THIRD MAN RECORDS 343,520 views
- 11:43 Jack White Plays A Surprise Parking Lot Show At SXSW 2011by NPR Music 905,530 views
- Loading more suggestions...