Omni + Rift = True VR (TF2)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 18, 2013
Pre-order the Virtuix Omni online: http://www.virtuix.com
Stay tuned for updates: http://www.facebook.com/virtuixomni
The Omni is a natural motion interface for virtual reality applications. Move freely and naturally in your favorite game. Get immersed!
Kickstarter to follow in late May / early June. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to stay tuned regarding any updates, or sign up for our newsletter on our website!
In response to questions:
The Omni allows for jumping. You just need to jump, and our tracking software translates your jump to a jump of your avatar in the game.
Crouching is tough to reconcile with a support assembly that is meant to prevent you from falling down. However, we emulate crouching by bending over. Our software will translate bending down to a crouch in the game. Not full crouching, but it works.
Strafing is possible, too. See our non-game demo on our channel. Note that the importance of strafing will decrease once we have de-coupled the user's viewing direction from walking direction (then you can walk forward and shoot sideways, which is more natural than strafing). How often do you strafe in real life? VR is meant to give you a real life experience in a virtual world.
Our Kickstarter rewards will include a DIY option with just the base and support ring, so that you can build your own support structure. We want to learn as much as possible from the creativity and input of the community.
We have not confirmed pricing yet, but hope to get the fully integrated Omni motion interface in the $400-$600 range (excl. shipping). This includes our tracking hardware and software, ready to play with any game that uses keyboard input.
Happy to answer any other questions you may have!
Standard YouTube License
- 5:42 Slender w/ Oculus Riftby PewDiePie Featured 5,191,051
- 14:50 Oculus Rift: The Best and Funniest Oculus Rift Reactions Ever Compilation. Mejores reaccionesby Chicarron Norteño490,102 views
- 6:08 Virtuix Omni and the Oculus Rift at E3 2013: bringing us closer to virtual realityby The Verge138,606 views
- 6:09 Reality Check - What Does the Oculus Rift Do To Your Brain?by gamespot276,678 views
- 10:32 MUST SEE!! | Markiplier Tests the Virtuix Omniby Markiplier423,153 views
- 3:40 My 90 year old grandmother tries the Oculus Rift.by Paul Rivot2,174,428 views
- 31:59 Half Life 2 on the Oculus Rift: Weapons! (Part 2)by emart7,892 views
- 4:24 Funniest Oculus Rift Reaction Videos!by What's the Big Deal?146,666 views
- 27:43 SCARIEST OCULUS RIFT GAME | Dreadhalls Oculus Rift Horror (With Ending!)by Markiplier684,940 views
- 12:44 Creator of Doom John Carmack shows his reality at E3 2012by Sandra Schlichting102,969 views
- 12:23 Game Theory: The TF2 Pyro...Male or Female?by The Game Theorists1,544,017 views
- 12:15 Alone | (MUST WATCH!!) Amazing Oculus Rift Horror Gameby Markiplier562,267 views
- 4:37 Hacking a $20 Toy Helicopter into an Autonomous Droneby Tested249,234 views
- 3:56 Matt Cardle - First Audition - You Know I'm No Good 01by khugatsaa2,797,479 views
- 5:47 OMNI: Virtual Reality ( VR ) Movement (KickStarter) Oculus Riftby QwikThinkers92,640 views
- 4:42 Oculus Rift Horror Game - WORST JUMP SCARE?! - Alone In The Riftby PewDiePie3,166,352 views
- 4:21 The Headache [SFM]by Michael Donvius873,198 views
- 19:12 Oculus Rift Skyrim - Dragon Slaying, Dancing & Coffins?!by YOGSCAST Martyn627,518 views
- 31:54 Team Fortress 2 - Meet Them All + Outtakes and Trailers (Compilation)by GamerSpawn476,547 views
- 8:33 GUILLOTINE SIMULATOR (Oculus Rift)by PewDiePie3,213,179 views
- Loading more suggestions...