Rev. Lennox Yearwood attacked, arrested, and hospitalized
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 10, 2007
Also please watch part 2
and Google Video: Hip Hop caucus returns from the Middle East
Capitol Hill Police 'Football Tackled' Hip Hop Activist Rev. Lennox Yearwood at Petreus Hearing
WASHINGTON - September 10 - Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Jr., president of the Hip Hop Caucus, was attacked by six capitol police today, when he was stopped from entering the Cannon Caucus Room on Capitol Hill, where General Petreaus gave testimony today to a joint hearing for the House Arms Services Committee and Foreign Relations Committee on the war in Iraq.
After waiting in line throughout the morning for the hearing that was scheduled to start at 12:30pm, Rev. Yearwood was stopped from entering the room, while others behind him were allowed to enter. He told the officers blocking his ability to enter the room, that he was waiting in line with everyone else and had the right to enter as well. When they threatened him with arrest he responded with "I will not be arrested today." According to witnesses, six capitol police, without warning, "football tackled" him. He was carried off in a wheel chair by DC Fire and Emergency to George Washington Hospital.
Rev. Yearwood said as he was being released from the hospital to be taken to central booking, "The officers decided I was not going to get in Gen. Petreaus' hearing when they saw my button, which says 'I LOVE THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ.'"
Capitol Police are not saying what the charges are, but an inside source has said that the charge is assaulting a police officer. Rev. Yearwood is scheduled to be transferred to Central Processing to be arraigned tomorrow morning.
The incident was recorded by an observer and is available on YouTube WhyNotNews http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiradc....
For further information contact: Liz Havstad at email@example.com or 510-206-6749.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:28 Rev. Yearwood speaks re: Police Brutality against him.by WHYNotNews20,163 views
- 9:27 Citizens Arrested for committing FREE SPEECH in Washington DCby WHYNotNews273,776 views
- 2:39 Rev. Lennox Yearwood attacked, and hospitalized Part 2by WHYNotNews23,657 views
- 8:47 Dick Gregory Refutes Rev. Jeremiah Wright Controversy 9 of 9by WHYNotNews14,265 views
- 37:10 Police Brutality Worse than Rodney King - The Robert Leone Storyby Larry Hohol1,662,249 views
- 3:32 PASTOR GETS ATTACKED AFTER PREACHINGby ANELL1994596,603 views
- 0:52 POLICE BRUTALITY - Philadelphia Cop Sucker Punches Woman In The Face During Paradeby UrbanWarfareChannel242,565 views
- 3:11 2ND PART TO PASTOR GETTING ATTACKEDby ANELL1994305,452 views
- 0:41 Raw Video: Killer Attacked in Courtroomby AssociatedPress8,383,500 views
- 9:53 Pastor Arrested for Preaching the Gospel to the Poor-Part-1by streetchurchgo27,766 views
- 1:49 church brawlby cryguy29231,813 views
- 8:44 Baptist pastor beaten + tazed by Border patrol - 11 stitchesby sanderson1611994,308 views
- 5:52 Fox News Reporter Attacked by Husband and Wifeby manorin2,901,972 views
- 4:01 Trigger-Happy Cops: US police brutality covered up to save faceby RT245,660 views
- 6:53 UCLA Student Tasered by Police in Libraryby jedifreac1,024,220 views
- 0:53 Pastor gets punched in the faceby Peartfection1,063,906 views
- 8:11 Preacher's wig Falls off! Hilarious video MUST SEE..by Infamousmoneymike327,076 views
- 6:17 Teens Arrested For Rapping Order In McDonald's Drive-Thruby The Young Turks4,758,027 views
- 8:32 Mountain Man arrested for trying to feed himself, owns judge and walks out (fixed)by climatelife27,468 views
- 7:50 Adam Kokesh, Tina Richards Arrested for Defying Poster Banby Bill Hughes106,197 views
- Loading more suggestions...