Fire Water Balloon - Cool Science Experiment
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 18, 2009
Check out this and other cool science experiments at http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/e... Common sense tells you that it's impossible to boil water in a paper bag, but this classic parlor trick was a favorite of the Victorian magician. The real difficultly in performing this effect is making it look harder than it is! As you might imagine, the secret lies in yet another amazing property of water - it's ability to conduct heat. Instead of using a paper bag, this modern day version of the demonstration uses an ordinary balloon, some water and a candle. It's a combination that's guaranteed to make people stand back.
About Steve Spangler Science...
Steve Spangler is a celebrity teacher, science toy designer, speaker, author and an Emmy award-winning television personality. Spangler is probably best known for his Mentos and Diet Coke geyser experiment that went viral in 2005 and prompted more than 1,000 related YouTube videos. Spangler is the founder of www.SteveSpanglerScience.com, a Denver-based company specializing in the creation of science toys, classroom science demonstrations, teacher resources and home for Spangler's popular science experiment archive and video collection. Spangler is a frequent guest on the Ellen DeGeneres Show where he takes classroom science experiments to the extreme. Check out his pool filled with 2,500 boxes of cornstarch!
Cool Science Toys - http://www.SteveSpanglerScience.com
Sign up for the Experiment of the Week - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/e...
Watch Spangler's Science Videos - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/v...
Attend a Spangler Hands-on Science Workshop for Teachers - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/t...
Visit Spangler's YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/stevespanglers...
Join the conversation on Steve Spangler's blog - http://www.SteveSpangler.com
On the education side, Spangler started his career as a science teacher in the Cherry Creek School district for 12 years. Today, Steve travels extensively training teachers in ways to make learning more engaging and fun. His hands-on science boot camps and summer institutes for teachers inspire and teach teachers how to prepare a new generation for an ever-changing work force. Over the last 15 years, he has also made more than 500 television appearances as an authority on hands-on science and inquiry-based learning.
On the business side, Spangler is the founder and CEO of Steve Spangler Science, a Denver-based company specializing in the creation of educational toys and kits and hands-on science training services for teachers. The companys unique business strategies and viral creations have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Wired and TIME Magazine where online readers voted Steve Spangler #18 in the Top 100 Most Influential People of the Year for 2006 (what were they thinking?). You'll find more than 140 Spangler created products available online at SteveSpanglerScience.com and distributed to toy stores and mass-market retailers worldwide.
Spangler joined NBC affiliate 9News in 2001 as the science education specialist. His weekly experiments and science segments are designed to teach viewers creative ways to make learning fun. His now famous Mentos Geyser experiment, turning 2-liter bottles of soda into erupting fountains, became an Internet sensation in September 2005 when thousands of people started posting their own Mentos explosions on YouTube.com.
As founder of SteveSpanglerScience.com, Spangler and his design team have developed more than 140 educational toys and science-related products featured by mass-market retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R' Us, Discovery Channel Stores and over 1,400 independent specialty toy stores. His educational science catalog and on-line business offers more than a thousand science toys and unique learning resources. Recently, Spangler has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, WIRED, the History Channel, Food Network and TIME Magazine where on-line readers voted Steve Spangler #18 in the Top 100 Most Influential People of the Year for 2006.
His recent appearances on the Ellen DeGeneres Show have taught viewers how to blow up their food, shock their friends, create mountains of foam, play on a bed of nails, vanish in a cloud of smoke and how to turn 2,500 boxes of cornstarch and a garden hose into a swimming pool of fun.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:06 Anti-Gravity Water - Sick Science! #076by Sick Science!™Featured 511,371
- 2:56 Liquid Light - Cool Science Experimentby Sick Science!™ 1,332,231 views
- 2:40 Soda Can Shake-Up - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 1,434,283 views
- 2:19 Oozing Pumpkins - Cool Halloween Scienceby SteveSpanglerScience 1,386,657 views
- 3:41 Pop Rocks MythBuster - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 1,153,890 views
- 3:49 How to Make Giant Smoke Rings! - Cool Science Experimentby Sick Science!™ 338,135 views
- 0:40 Popcorn Cellphone Trick Really Works!!by jtduff11 13,122,478 views
- 2:03 Bed of Nails - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 1,529,035 views
- 9:01 Feynman: Take the world from another point of view (1/4)by Aaron Scher 414,876 views
- 1:04 Shrinking Chip Bag - Sick Science! #067by SteveSpanglerScience 623,158 views
- 9:00 Best Coin Trick In The World - Revealedby GregSolomon 3,793,214 views
- 3:58 Genie in a Bottle - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 500,187 views
- 19 videos Play all Science Experimentsby ClancyRainbow
- 3:28 Color Changing Milk - Cool Science Experimentby Sick Science!™ 965,957 views
- 26:09 Gun Crazy USAby VICE 654,266 views
- NurdRage Science Experiments 124 videos264K
- 0:29 spinning flameby sifun sifun 610,131 views
- 2:54 Cornstarch Monster - Cool Science Fair Projectby SteveSpanglerScience 209,458 views
- 2:43 Dry Ice Bubbles - Cool Halloween Scienceby Sick Science!™ 704,907 views
- 3:21 Exploding Egg - Cool Science Demoby Sick Science!™ 366,588 views
- 2:33 Do Not Open Bottle - Cool Science Prankby SteveSpanglerScience 805,090 views
- 2:46 Whoosh Bottle - Cool Science Experimentby Sick Science!™ 177,611 views
- Loading more suggestions...