Published on Mar 1, 2012
This is a primer for Testers on Data Warehouses, ETL, Business Intelligence, and how to test them all.
Are you hearing and reading about Big Data, Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW), the ETL Process, and Business Intelligence (BI)? The software markets for EDW and BI are quickly approaching $22 billion, according to Gartner, and Big Data is growing at an exponential pace.
Are you being tasked to test these environments? Would you like to learn about them and be prepared to test them? This RTTS presentation, based on the company's many years of experience in providing software quality solutions to more than 400 companies, is for you.
This video is geared towards:
Automated Test Engineers
Quality Assurance Analysts
...and anyone else who is (a) new to the EDW space, (b) wants to be educated on this topic's business and technical sides, and (c) wants to understand how to test them. You will learn the answers to the following questions:
• What is Big Data and what does it mean to me?
• What are the business reasons for building a Data Warehouse and for using Business Intelligence software?
• How do Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence tools and ETL work from a technical perspective?
• Who are the primary players in this software space?
• How do I test these environments?
• What tools should I use?
Don't wait for your QA team to be assigned to a data warehouse testing or ETL testing project; view this video now and be prepared. Then, head over to http://www.querysurge.com and try QuerySurge for Free.
Standard YouTube License