Belzec - the house of Christian Wirth
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 27, 2007
SEE MY HISTORY GROUP ON FACEBOOK :
This video shows the place where Christian Wirth lived when he was commandant of the Bełżec death camp. He was the first commandant of the Belzec death camp and in the summer of 1942 became the overseer of the Aktion Reinhard operations which led to the deaths of at least 1.4m people in the death camps of Belzec, Treblinka and Sobibor.
Despite being one of the greatest mass murderers in history, very littls is known about him. He had previously served in the CID in Stuttgart and was noted for results - probably through the use of beatings to get confessions.
Unlike most of the other criminals of the holocaust, Wirth was not a young man. He was born in 1885. Despite being in his mid fifties he possessed a great deal of physical strength which turned to violence probably due to mental problems caused by his asthma.
This film shows the house where he lived in Belzec during his time as commandant there before moving to a flat in Lublin airport when he was replaced by his deputy Gottlieb Hering as commandant.
The house became vacant following the death of the occupier in December 2006.
My channel on you tube : http://www.youtube.com/alanheath is one of the most prolific from Poland, although unfortunately not the most visited. With almost one film per day, one may be forgiven for thinking I do nothing else but I do have a day job as well. I have produced more than 1,900 original films, most in English but also in Polish, French, Italian, Spanish and the occassional hint of German and Hebrew. My big interest in life is travel and history but I have also placed films on other subjects
Please feel free to ask questions in the public area or to comment on things you disagree with. Sometimes there are mistakes because I speak without preparation. If I see the mistakes myself, I make this clear in the text. Please also leave a star rating!
There are a number of films here on the packaging industry. This is because I am the publisher of Central and Eastern European Packaging -- http://www.ceepackaging.com - the international platform for the packaging industry in this region focussing on the latest innovations, trends, design, branding, legislation and environmental issues with in-depth profiles of major industry achievers. Most people may think packaging pretty boring but it possibly effects your life more than you really imagine!
Central and Eastern European Packaging examines the packaging industry throughout this region, but in particular in the largest regional economies which are Russia, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Austria. That is not to say that the other countries are forgotten, they are not, but obviously there is less going on. However the fact that there are so many travel related films here is not from holidays but from business trips attending trade fairs around the region and the sites http://www.ceepackaging.com/articles/... and http://www.ceepackaging.com/articles/... give a pretty good idea where future films are going to come from! Every packaging trade fair is a new excuse to make another film!
In 1997 I founded Polish Business News http://www.pbn.com.pl .There are a number of business related films here and I intend to do many more on CRM (customer relations management).
My blog can be found via http://www.ceepackaging.com and http://www.pbn.com.pl and contains background information and more details of many of my films. This information is in English.
I have also a second blog on the site http://www.navigeo.net/blog/alan-heat... . This site has been recently started by a friend and I think it will soon be one of the leading travel sites in Poland, if not Central Europe. It contains additional information about some of the places and events shown in these films but most of that is in Polish.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:18:31 Belzec Death Camp Documentaryby sue58100012,753 views
- 8:24 Deportations to death camps - archival materialby Alan Heath45,365 views
- 5:10 EINSATZGRUPPEN.wmvby 1569ification22,485 views
- 5:07 The walk of death at Sobiborby Alan Heath49,502 views
- 3:36 World War II in Color- Inside Treblinkaby Military Channel117,872 views
- 8 videos Play all Belzec death campby alanheath
- 5:54 Treblinka photographsby Alan Heath72,792 views
- 51:16 Jasenovac - Cruelest Death Camp in WW2 (English subs) (WARNING -- NOT CENSORED)by kefalo84388,357 views
- 4:54 Belzec - the campby Alan Heath16,835 views
- 9:49 KZ Lublin - Majdanek - Concentration Campby DSVCZ10,523 views
- 4:24 Sobibór - the pitsby Alan Heath26,926 views
- 2:24 KZ Treblinka - Extermination Campby DSVCZ13,937 views
- 1:24 The hanging of Rudolf Hoess at Auschwitzby Alan Heath1,001,165 views
- 7:10 Esther Raab-Sobibor Survivorby RAAB2252,804 views
- 6:05 Extermination Camp Treblinka todayby mredgar20015,535 views
- 1:45 KZ Bełżec - Extermination Campby DSVCZ11,711 views
- 10:00 Cień nazistowskiego złota part1by danonmdz39,684 views
- 9:57 Belzec - The baker Part Oneby Alan Heath5,622 views
- 8:08 Belzec - the railway traffic controller Part Twoby Alan Heath5,679 views
- 7:09 Campo de exterminio Belzec.aviby Javier Gomez7,496 views