Raw Sangha #225 - Conscious Eating, Mono Meal and Persimmons
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2011
One of the many factors to living a healthy conscious lifestyle is feeding the body-temple healthy and vibrant food. Once we begins to make adjustments to our daily eating habits by incorporating more living foods we can then begin to see and feel the many benefits that come with conscious eating.
If you're like me, once you begin to reap the benefits physically, mentally and spiritually you soon realize there is no turning back.
Why would you?
In fact, what usually happens after you discover and comprehend that what you feed the body-temple ACTUALLY MATTERS (literally becomes you, as matter), you are then driven to take your body and spiritual practice to deeper and subtler levels. I have taken such a journey into the depths and this ever expanding vast plane of discovery is available for everyone. All that is required is the courage to make new choices.
Although I eat primarily a living foods (raw) diet I have found that most of the time I eat in excess (too much of a good thing) and I combine a lot of foods that don't necessarily digest well together.
It might seem like splitting hairs to those still on the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.), heck it may seem like splitting hairs even to some raw vegans. The truth of the matter is; the less stress we can put on the body, the more we will enjoy our day to day activities and our quality of life will increase substantially.
So with that said I have been playing around with incorporating mono meals into my daily routine. A mono meal is where you eat one thing and that's it. So for example sitting down and eating and entire honey dew melon, watermelon or 5 mangoes that would be considered a mono meal (a meal comprised of just one item, usually fruit).
If I've learned anything over the years it is that every-BODY is different and you as an individual must work with your body to find out what works best for you.
A lot of times people get sucked into what I call "fad diets" eating 50 bananas a day or 50 oranges, etc. Although this might work for some people, it most certainly will not bode well for the majority of people. With that said I think it is good to take some of that "mono meal mentality" and incorporate it into a daily plan that is diverse with leafy greens, juices, herbs, legumes, nuts, etc.
Taking care of our bodies with the proper nutrition is an ongoing personal experiment, or at least it should be.
Everyone on the planet would benefit if we all put our health as our #1 priority. If that were the case we would see the disappearance of Pizza Huts, Burger Kings, P.F. Changs and Subway restaurants overnight. A society who was to any degree serious about their health, longevity and quality of life would cease in such obvious detriments to the body and planet, immediately.
The fact is most people are blissfully ignorant with regard to what they put in their body-temples. What makes matters even worse is the vast majority of people on this planet have never even considered what impact their food choices have on the Earths environment. In addition, you would be hard pressed to find an average American who has contemplated their connection to the atrocities and suffering due to the demand for meat and dairy products.
Seemingly sad as it may seem, everyone is on their own unique individual journey and there is not room for judgment. Having said that, I must however emphasize that it is my SOUL-PURPOSE to assist in the awakening of my brothers and sisters so that we can raise the vibration of this planet and cease all suffering.
It's all about bringing consciousness to every aspect of our lives. It doesn't matter if we are yogis, monks, construction workers, doctors or school teachers we all have a responsibility to this Earth and all the creatures within it.
I hope this article finds you well and inspires you to be more than anyone has ever expected of you. I hope that you will be inspired to listen to your intuition and make new choices that will benefit your life and body as well as that of the planet.
May all beings everywhere be free of suffering.
May all beings everywhere be loved.
May all beings everywhere have peace.
Peace, Love, Unity and Respect.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:11 My Daily Raw Dietby Running Raw Featured 21,045
- 15:05 Awake 'n Bake with Dick Gregory on Natural Foodsby Chapatti Ji37,983 views
- 10:53 Raw Food for Weight Loss - I Am Not a Veganby Raw Raw Life!1,877 views
- 9:28 Persimmon Fruit Rollups & Chips - Diospyros Kaki: Fuyu & Hachiyaby Diana Lehua2,995 views
- 7:26 Raw Sangha #151 - Excitotoxins, MSG and Raw Food Impostorsby Raw Sangha2,692 views
- 9:44 Raw Sangha #228 - Hadn't You Heard, You Shine the Sun!by Raw Sangha604 views
- 15:27 Persimmon Pruning & Scion Collectionby John Trout2,675 views
- 7:02 Chocolate Pudding Fruit, Black Sapoteby thedurianking2,989 views
- 12:13 Want an Eating Disorder? Eat a Raw Food Diet.by Matt Monarch27,951 views
- 8:00 Mono Fruit Monday, Ep2by RawRadiantHealth8,880 views
- 10:33 Nick Tancheff - My Story and Results with Water Fastingby Nicholas Tancheff10,631 views
- 10:44 Basic fruit tree Pruning 1by moh2o10,060 views
- 5:53 Persimmons: Eating and Information about themby MyInspiredCreation11,380 views
- 8:08 ripen Persimmons overnight!!! and make raw dessert pudding!by dara3,933 views
- 51:57 What I Eat on a Raw Food Diet in a Weekby okraw177,370 views
- 6:06 How to grow Persimmons from seedby TheKiwiGrower30,262 views
- 11:01 Anunnaki: The Truth  1/3by Alexander Light439,857 views
- 11:56 Five Varieties of Persimmons aka Kaki Fruitby okraw28,416 views
- 2:41 Conscious Eating Part 1 - The Gabriel Methodby GabrielMethodVideo11,084 views
- 22:17 Fall Fruits 2012by Dave Wilson Nursery5,217 views
- Loading more suggestions...