Kirk Hammett guitar solo in memory of Cliff Burton
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 2, 2007
to live is to die
Kirk Hammett guitar solo in memory of Cliff Burton(rare)
jason newsted bass
james hetfield guitar
Clifford Lee Burton (February 10, 1962 -- September 27, 1986) was a bass guitarist, best known for his work with the heavy metal band Metallica from 1982-86.
Burton's early influence was essential in creating the unique musical style for which Metallica would later become famous. An angry, working-class sound, characterized by rhythm guitar riffs, energic lead guitar and fast driving drums, the band would be seen as innovators of heavy metal music through much of the late 80s and early 90s.
During the European part of the Master of Puppets tour, the band had complained that the sleeping cubicles on their tour bus were unsatisfactory and uncomfortable. As a minor solution the members would draw cards for the most comfortable bunk. On the evening of September 27, 1986 Burton had won the game with an ace of spades. He was sound asleep when the band's tour bus encountered a patch of black ice, skidded off of the road, and flipped over on the grass in Ljungby Municipality, rural Sweden. Burton fell through the window of the emergency exit door and was killed instantly when the bus landed on top of him.
Burton's body was cremated, and his ashes were scattered on the Maxwell Ranch. At the ceremony, the instrumental "Orion" from the album Master of Puppets was played. Subsequently, Metallica did not perform this song again until June 6, 2006 (when they performed the album in its entirety to mark the 20th anniversary of its release). Until then only parts of the song had been used as part of their performance. During the 1990s, Burton's replacement, Jason Newsted, would often use the bass line as part of a medley.
Standard YouTube License
- 43 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 1:38 Metallica - Kirk Hammett Epic Solo Guitar (The Big 4 2010 HD)by TheProductions8321Featured 496,978
- 4:56 Cliff Burton's bass solo live night he diedby eduarmalkavian 1,008,993 views
- 5:55 Metallica - Sanitarium (1986 w/ Cliff Burton)by dr3ss2kill 941,798 views
- 1:13 Kirk Hammett teaches a fan to play the guitarby lordoftheheavymetal 967,835 views
- 8:57 Metallica - Cliff 's Death, Jason's Intro.by risethelightning's channel 347,387 views
- 6:08 Blackened Metallica guitar cover by Cissie - Kirk Hammett solo includedby Cizzie888 2,664,333 views
- 3:31 Megadeth(David Ellefson) VS Metallica(Cliff Burton) Bass Battleby megaluisdeth 43,686 views
- 30 videos Play all METALLICA Cliff Burton Cliff 'em Allby Argentallica2010
- 8:55 The Call of Ktulu - Metallicaby TheDecadencer 1,853,441 views
- 1:57 How Cliff Burton Diedby ratedrko666gmailcom 405,576 views
- 6:41 Kirk Hammett Guitar Lessonsby Гадно нещо 807,210 views
- 3:43 Cliff Burton - Bass Solo - Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)by RIPCB 812,926 views
- 7:00 Metallica - Fade to Blackby gnrfan010's channel 11,843,832 views
- 3:20 Kirk Hammett's Solos - Wherever I May Roamby So...........what'll it be? 478,210 views
- 8:37 Metallica - Orion (First time played live ever) in 2006by Gryzor95 411,958 views
- 7:24 Metallica - Oneby ElMango64 58,322,935 views
- 4:58 Kirk Hammett vs. Bob Rockby fade2black159357 285,797 views
- 7:37 Metallica - Jason Newsted's Bass Solo - To Live is To Die (Live in Seattle 1989)by Scar Ceu 73,904 views
- 1:32 Metallica's Kirk Hammett Discusses Kurt Cobainby 91JK 858,583 views
- 8:25 Jason Newsted Bass Solo + "Orion"by Lavourrin 57,714 views
- 8:55 James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett Guitars version 2by metallicaddict13 580,531 views
- Loading more suggestions...