Uploaded on Sep 22, 2009
Personal Traffic Assistant (PTA) demo
ITS Stockholm 2009 - Visit our stand A20
Purpose of this demo is to raise awareness and present possible benefits of intelligent and cooperative traffic systems and applications to the public.
Demo presents PTA supporting a trip to a meeting in familiar environment for the user. Demo includes 6 scenarios showing potential benefits for the user in every-day use.
Personal traffic and travelling assistant (PTA) features:
- Mobile and/or in-vehicle application
- PTA can intelligently combine proactively collected information
- Users personal information
- Information from cooperative safety and traffic management systems
- real-time and forecasted traffic and parking information
- public transport information
- other available information and services
- PTA provides information when needed
Demo is provided by VTT, Infotripla & IBM in TIVIT/Cooperative Traffic ICT research programme in Finland.
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland is the biggest contract research organisation in Northern Europe. VTT provides high-end technology solutions and innovation services. Trough its international scientific and technology network, VTT can produce information, upgrade technology knowledge, create business intelligence and value added to its stakeholders. VTT provides a world class research competence in logistics, telematics, security and services in order to improve its customers logistics value chain.