For a Children's Hospital, a Virtualized Infrastructure Simplifies IT Complexities
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 8, 2012
Jon Austin of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia discusses the potentially lifesaving results of a virtualized infrastructure.
In many of our clinical areas of expertise and in our cancer research we are delivering world-class care for children for many types of diseases, both post-birth, congenital, neonatal, and in our cancer research facilities we are searching for cures to help kids.
At Children's Hospital, the infrastructure we provide is a base for over 100 various applications tied together in the various ways they need to be in order to provide clinical services, administrative, financials, web presence in Internet. It's a mixture of a variety of technologies and applications.
Traditionally in an environment like ours the complexity, the difficulties that you may have run into has been that you may have too many very small applications and such, a thing we're moving away from.
The IBM products we bring to the table to help us deliver what we need to at Children's Hospital include Tivoli Monitoring, Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus and Network Manager, and Tivoli Storage Manager.
Children's Hospital has been making use of a number of these Tivoli products for, I believe well into 10 years, and I've had this pleasure of a career and this wonderful treasure trove of experiences as the products have evolved over the years.
A couple of years ago, Children's Hospital started its journey into virtualization, into the cloud as it were, mainly at the physical data center level through virtualizing operating systems and servers
The cost savings we achieve with that are obviously environmental. They are equipment costs, maintenance, service over time, and all of that with no loss of workload ability, functionality or availability. It's just a total win.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:07 PKP Cargo SA - ZARZĄDZANIE MAJĄTKIEM - IBM MAXIMOby ibmservicemanagement 92 views
- 2:48 Toshiba Finds Success Matching its Hardware and IBM's Endpoint Management Solutionby ibmservicemanagement 137 views
- 1:47 Boeing Finds Efficiencies with a Smarter Infrastructureby ibmservicemanagement 1,160 views
- 2:31 Optimizing Your IT Infrastructure for Long-Term Success in Businessby ibmservicemanagement 68 views
- 39:52 The Food Hospital S01E01by ErmmTV 5,705 views
- 5:31 VMware Virtual Infrastructure Overviewby Phykentech 24,728 views
- 1:18:23 An Evening with IBM Research's Dr. John Kellyby ComputerHistory 756 views
- 25:35 Episode #329: Introduction to Virtualization Infrastructure Designby elithecomputerguy 12,169 views
- 45:14 Complexity Science: A Theoretical Model to Inform New Beginningsby SacredHeartUVideo 229 views
- 11:28 Mental Hospital | SCARIEST GAME EVERby markiplierGAME 600,933 views
- 10:20 RN Residency Program at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (2010)by childrensLA 9,089 views
- 2:55 IBM researchers store one bit of magnetic information in just 12 atomsby IBMResearchAlmaden 196,671 views
- 3:52 Case Study: Continuous Mobile Patient Monitoringby USADraeger 424 views
- 1:44 Swedish's New Medical Center in Issaquah is Built to Green Standardsby swedishseattle 1,427 views
- 5:45 Rajarajeswari medical hospital & college - infrastructureby rrhospitalblr 1,528 views
- 9:28 Carlos Gershenson: Challenges in Complexity Scienceby cxdig 276 views
- 7:59 IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager デモンストレーション (日本語字幕)by IBMJapanTivoli 1,695 views
- 7:06 VMware Infrastructure | Compute Workloadsby TrainSignal 1,719 views
- 5:19 VI Client Web Accessby Polystekhne 4,763 views
- 5:36 Critical Care for Your Healthcare IT Infrastructureby EmersonNetworkPower 227 views
- Loading more suggestions...