The Key to Innovation? Asking the Right Questions
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 28, 2011
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/conference/igniting_in...
Randy Komisar, partner at Kleiner Perkins, discusses the importance of intellectual honesty in creating a culture of innovation. He explains that being honest means admitting what you don't know, and admitting what you don't know allows you to ask the right questions.
ACT I: HERE
Innovation in Silicon Valley
Leaders and innovators in Silicon Valley/the West Coast share perspectives, examine opportunities and debate challenges for ratcheting up innovation and growth.
Takeaway session about what can be learned from companies who have reinvented themselves or pivoted.
Richard Dickson, Partner, Fenwick and West
Sudhakar Ramakrishna, EVP of Unified Communications Solutions, Polycom
Randy Komisar, Partner, Kleiner Perkins
Will Price, CEO, Flite
Ujjal Kohli, CEO, Rhythm NewMedia Inc.
As the finale event of its 25 Anniversary Celebration year, Churchill Club proudly presents Igniting Innovation & Mastering Change: A Day-long Conversation in Three Acts, a series of discussions presenting new perspectives and examining opportunities for advancing information locally, nationally, and around the world. Speakers and audience members will engage in discussions and focus on takeaways and insights throughout the day in three segments: 1) Here: Innovation in Silicon Valley; 2) There: Innovation in America and Around the World; 3) ...& Then: Inventing the Future
Churchill Club is Silicon Valley's premier business and technology forum. The 25 year old, 7,000 member, nonprofit organization has built a reputation for dynamic, in-the-news programs featuring Silicon Valley CEOs, up-and-coming executives and national leaders. Members of the Churchill Club represent a range of industries, companies, and expertise. Individual and corporate members include influential leaders from Silicon Valley's top companies, managers of both technical and non-technical groups, entrepreneurs, and executives from the service sector.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Igniting Innovation & Mastering Change
- 3:36 Malcolm Gladwell: Creative Solutions to Prevent Crimeby ForaTv3,983 views
- 3:00 International Espionage: Do the Ends Justify the Means?by ForaTv3,127 views
- 2:40 Why the Human Brain Can't Multitaskby ForaTv22,616 views
- 1:58:18 Noam Chomsky - Asking the right questionsby infiniteinfiniteinfi4,681 views
- 3:31 Finally, someone asks Obama the right question...by NimblePig113,944 views
- 1:04:20 Thinking Differently: The Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation's Series of Unexpected Conversationsby Mayo Clinic1,103 views
- 14:06 Walter Lavitola su La7: le domande di Marco Travaglio ("Bersaglio mobile", 28Set2011)by Trarco Mavaglio60,360 views
- 9:33 How To Ask The Right Question: Hal Gregersen at TEDxYouth@IFTAby TEDxYouth1,401 views
- 1:00:48 Evangelizing for the Lean Startupby StanfordUniversity35,547 views
- 6:42 De dónde vienen las buenas ideas (Steven Johnson)by Gabriel Flores Rozas843 views
- 11:47 David Kelley: How to build your creative confidenceby TED379,480 views
- 6:54 Are You Asking The Right Questions? - Anthony Robbinsby inspiredbynick597 views
- 29:00 The Silicon Valley Entrepreneur - Guy Kawasakiby KMVT10,342 views
- 21:00 TEDxOrangeCoast - Rick Warren - The 8 Nations of Innovationby TEDxTalks30,993 views
- 58:05 BBC Documentary - Horizon: The Creative Brain How Insight Worksby DocumentaryDesire324,760 views
- 4:58 George C. Marshall: Legacy of Leadership, Chapter 1: Questionsby FiatFilm3,498 views
- 19:43 Flite: cloud-based advertisingby Rackspace Studios, SFO1,929 views
- 18:17 Steven Johnson: Where good ideas come fromby TED746,328 views
- 54:12 Authors@Google presents Steven Johnson: "Where Good Ideas Come From"by Talks at Google6,875 views