Fotolanthropy: "Each Day Counts"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 21, 2012
Fotolanthropy: Real Stories. Real People. Real Inspiration.
Fotolanthropy is a movement of photographers and filmmakers across the country that donates a portrait session, coffee book album and images to an inspiring family that has faced hard times. With this special story a short film has been created. Fotolanthropy is funded by the Fotostrap: the camera strap that gives back! To support our mission shop at: http://www.fotostrap.com
To read the whole story and see the portraits, please visit http://www.fotolanthropy.com/2012/05/...
As we have just celebrated Mother's day, we thought it would be perfect timing to share the Moore's story with you. Beth Moore has been such an incredible example of what an amazing mother looks like, as she has given up so much of herself for her daughter Charlotte and her son William who has been diagnosed with SMA and is fighting for his life each day. Beth and Mark were married in 2007 and now reside in Tyler, Texas. They had a beautiful girl, Charlotte in 2009 and William was born on September 3rd, 2011. William was born with no complications and was their perfect, healthy son they had always dreamed of for 30 days. As William grew, Beth and Mark began to realize that there might be something wrong with William's growth and muscle development. Their concern drove them to find answers and this lead them down a painful journey to discovering that William had SMA type 1 disease.
SMA stands for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, which is an incurable disease that attacks the muscles in the body and is the most common genetic cause of infant death. As Beth and Mark began to soak in the most devastating news a parent can hear, they also began to lean into each other, focus on love, focus on their faith and that God is good, and take it a day at a time. Beth committed herself to being with William every step of the way, even when it meant sleeping on the small sofa in his hospital room for two or more months at a time, just so she could be there for him and give him all she had. Mark in turn took up the care of their home, work, and taking care of their daughter Charlotte. William is their little fighter. Since his diagnosis, it has been a rollercoaster of emotions and months of moving from the ICU to their home and back to the ICU for surgeries and other emergencies. The Moore family has been an example of incredible strength. We hope that you can be inspired by their love, devotion, courage, and faith.
We wanted to also sincerely thank the Tyler Texas MOPS group of Green Acres Baptist church for coming together and raising support to create this film. It was a blessing to watch so many mothers come together to support another.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:43:29 FILM - Collecting Somedaysby AlongTheAlt12,282 views
- 12:47 Fotolanthropy Film: "Unexpected Joy"by Fotolanthropy13,159 views
- 10:14 Beth Moore: The Dream (LIFE Today / James Robison)by lifetodaytv8,083 views
- 4:39 Fotolanthropy: Meeting Camp and Asherby Fotolanthropy2,688 views
- 14:50 Joyce Meyer - Finding Hope in Troubled Times (1)by DEFMI1985113,226 views
- 20:09 Deadly Legacy - Iraq - August 2010by Journeyman Pictures9,924 views
- 7:24 Zen + Lenore's Listening Session "Day at the Sea" - HealingHunter.com AML Leukemiaby Lenore Davis1,302 views
- 5:08 espasmos infantiles miguel angelby jrmariela856 views
- 2:36 Fotolanthropy: Travis A Soldier's Story Portraitsby Fotolanthropy1,871 views
- 4:34 Milania's SMA storyby AmandaCD902,225 views
- 4:38 HealingHunter.com - Day at the Sea - Hunter's Song - Healing Hunter Foundationby Lenore Davis5,862 views
- 2:44 Every time you say goodbye-Alison Kraussby OPELEB1,600 views
- 10:00 生命最後一個月的花嫁part3/11by ching322849,918 views
- 2:08 Fotolanthropy: Remembering Dale Taylorby Fotolanthropy699 views
- 5:22 Quint Studer on Physician Engagement.movby studergroupvideos333 views
- 2:18 Fotolanthropy Story: Baby Janeby Fotolanthropy460 views
- 5:01 Michael's Success Storyby Vanessa Looney66,134 views
- 4:23 Who is the NICU nurseby kayrn638,397 views
- 2:28 Fotolanthropy: Kerriby Fotolanthropy305 views
- 5:22 alison krauss jacobs dreamby nehtnerd189,365 views
- Loading more suggestions...