GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Complete)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 16, 2012
—About GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein—
"As I've been doing [Supreme Court litigation] now for 15 years...it gets actually more and more complicated, not simpler and simpler, as you realize all the different layers to the onion that you're peeling back."
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein," Mr Goldstein discusses his start in law practice, the creation of SCOTUSblog, the challenges of covering the Supreme Court and understanding the Court through media and this Term's decision in the health care case.
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part One) That Guy With the Web Site" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piYHT7..., Mr Goldstein discusses becoming a Supreme Court litigator.
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Two) SCOTUSblog—Without Papers" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TelQOi..., Mr Goldstein discusses founding SCOTUSbog, a Web site dedicated to the Supreme Court of the United States, the site's evolution and the challenge of covering the Court without a press pass.
"We just view the blog as a public service. It doesn't have an agenda. It's not trying to impress any particular set of people anymore. It's not a business development tool for the law firm. And we just try and accommodate the kids of folks who are becoming interested in the blog."
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Three) Courting Media" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IFnCu..., Mr Goldstein discusses media coverage of the Supreme Court and what the Court does and might do in a changing media environment.
"I'm a big proponent of televising of the arguments and the decision hand-downs, when they announce the rulings. I think that the Court has legitimate concerns about what it would do to the proceedings."
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Four) To Your Health" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ-qPC..., Mr Goldstein discusses the Supreme Court decision in the last Term's health care case (NFIB v. Sebelius)—understanding the Court through a case.
"For the moment, the Commerce Clause decision really is a one-off. And, I don't read it is a more than a one-off because it's not part of a larger body of decisions over the past five years."
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Five) Airing|Erring" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KlMK..., Mr Goldstein discusses how media (mis)understood the health care decision.
"It's a mistake that should not have happened and I don't think will happen again for a while."
In "GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Six) Limits" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuBRXt..., Mr Goldstein discusses whether the Supreme Court's last Term is a sign of a new willingness to limit Federal Power, what role will the Court play in the coming election and how can we best understand the Court.
"People are worried about feeding their families and about jobs. And that's immediate and incredibly consequential. And I just don't see the Supreme Court breaking through that."
—About Tom Goldstein—
Tom Goldstein is a founding partner of Goldstein & Russell, PC, a Washington, DC law firm that focuses on Supreme Court litigation. He is also Publisher of SCOTUSblog, the Web site he founded with Amy Howe, Mr Goldstein's wife, law partner and SCOTUSblog Editor.
Standard YouTube License
- 57:56 Full Show 5/25/12: Conversations with Great Minds: Paul Krugmanby The Big Picture RT Featured 11,349
- 1:03:21 Calhoun Lecture Series - Tom Goldstein - November 18, 2010by STIatClemson58 views
- 7:01 GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part One) That Guy With the Web Siteby GOVERNINGWorks133 views
- 59:08 Q&A with Tom Goldsteinby C-SPAN1,344 views
- 14:55 GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Two) SCOTUSblog—Without Papersby GOVERNINGWorks582 views
- 53:31 UNE Constitution Day 2012 (Biddeford Campus) : The Supreme Court & The Politics of Health Careby University of New England101 views
- 13:40 GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Three) Courting Mediaby GOVERNINGWorks70 views
- 1:12:31 The Forum: From Video Game Violence to Religion: The Supreme Court at Midtermby nyuschooloflaw417 views
- 1:41:34 The Privacy Paradox - First Amendment, Tort, and Privacyby Stanford Center for Internet & Society517 views
- 16:24 GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Four) To Your Healthby GOVERNINGWorks57 views
- 1:35:54 Full Program: A Supreme Court Briefing on Health Care Reform Casesby Bloomberg Law4,419 views
- 11:23 GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Five) Airing|Erringby GOVERNINGWorks37 views
- 1:33:48 Supreme Court Preview: October Term 2012by The Federalist Society733 views
- 14:10 Thomas Woods - Government Control and You - interview - Goldstein on Gelt - Jan. 2012by Douglas Goldstein82 views
- 5:38 The Public Apology of Tom Goldsteinby SCOTUSblog4,641 views
- 9:07 GWorks Interviews: Tom Goldstein (Part Six) Limitsby GOVERNINGWorks29 views
- 7:00 Viewer's Guide to Gay Marriage Oral Argumentsby Bloomberg Law4,648 views
- 2:20 Tom Goldstein: Hire me for your Supreme Court caseby SCOTUSblog13,349 views
- 2:54 Tom Goldstein's iPhoneby SCOTUSblog19,974 views
- 8:37 The District Dish: Tom Goldsteinby Kstreet Mag86 views
- Loading more suggestions...