Calling All Cars: Banker Bandit / The Honor Complex / Desertion Leads to Murder
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 23, 2012
The radio show Calling All Cars hired LAPD radio dispacher Jesse Rosenquist to be the voice of the dispatcher. Rosenquist was already famous because home radios could tune into early police radio frequencies. As the first police radio dispatcher presented to the public ear, his was the voice that actors went to when called upon for a radio dispatcher role.
The iconic television series Dragnet, with LAPD Detective Joe Friday as the primary character, was the first major media representation of the department. Real LAPD operations inspired Jack Webb to create the series and close cooperation with department officers let him make it as realistic as possible, including authentic police equipment and sound recording on-site at the police station.
Due to Dragnet's popularity, LAPD Chief Parker "became, after J. Edgar Hoover, the most well known and respected law enforcement official in the nation". In the 1960s, when the LAPD under Chief Thomas Reddin expanded its community relations division and began efforts to reach out to the African-American community, Dragnet followed suit with more emphasis on internal affairs and community policing than solving crimes, the show's previous mainstay.
Several prominent representations of the LAPD and its officers in television and film include Adam-12, Blue Streak, Blue Thunder, Boomtown, The Closer, Colors, Crash, Columbo, Dark Blue, Die Hard, End of Watch, Heat, Hollywood Homicide, Hunter, Internal Affairs, Jackie Brown, L.A. Confidential, Lakeview Terrace, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Life, Numb3rs, The Shield, Southland, Speed, Street Kings, SWAT, Training Day and the Lethal Weapon, Rush Hour and Terminator film series. The LAPD is also featured in the video games Midnight Club II, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, L.A. Noire and Call of Juarez: The Cartel.
The LAPD has also been the subject of numerous novels. Elizabeth Linington used the department as her backdrop in three different series written under three different names, perhaps the most popular being those novel featuring Det. Lt. Luis Mendoza, who was introduced in the Edgar-nominated Case Pending. Joseph Wambaugh, the son of a Pittsburgh policeman, spent fourteen years in the department, using his background to write novels with authentic fictional depictions of life in the LAPD. Wambaugh also created the Emmy-winning TV anthology series Police Story. Wambaugh was also a major influence on James Ellroy, who wrote several novels about the Department set during the 1940s and 1950s, the most famous of which are probably The Black Dahlia, fictionalizing the LAPD's most famous "cold case", and L.A. Confidential, which was made into a film of the same name. Both the novel and the film chronicled mass-murder and corruption inside and outside the force during the Parker era. Critic Roger Ebert indicates that the film's characters (from the 1950s) "represent the choices ahead for the LAPD": assisting Hollywood limelight, aggressive policing with relaxed ethics, and a "straight arrow" approach.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:54 Trafficking of Children in the United States: Documentary Filmby The Film ArchiveFeatured 127,881
- 1:28:24 Calling All Cars: The 25th Stamp / The Incorrigible Youth / The Big Shotby theradioarchive 260,093 views
- 1:28:25 Calling All Cars: The Blonde Paper Hanger / The Abandoned Bricks / The Swollen Faceby theradioarchive 80,180 views
- 41:55 Murder in the First Degree Inside the Arias Trial HD commercial freeby whatchutalkinbout 12,673 views
- 1:28:24 Calling All Cars: I Asked For It / The Unbroken Spirit / The 13th Graveby theradioarchive 36,108 views
- 1:28:21 Calling All Cars: A Child Shall Lead Them / Weather Clear Track Fast / Day Stakeoutby theradioarchive 63,989 views
- 1:26:54 Calling All Cars: Crime v. Time / One Good Turn Deserves Another / Hang Me Pleaseby theradioarchive 83,967 views
- 1:53:19 Filme Gospel O Outro Lado do Ceu - Dublado - completo dublado -.mp4by Fabiane Iluminada 46,969 views
- 30 videos Play all Inside the Actors Studioby metalmickeydk
- 1:39:12 1911 revolucion 2011 (Jackie Chan) Latino Pelicula Completa WwW.yaske.Netby yaskenet 423,717 views
- 43:00 48 Hours Mystery Murder at Sea? The Disappearance of George Smithby TSCCCameronFan 19,623 views
- 14:29 ЗАДОРНОВ 2012-13by STUDIODVD1 52,149 views
- 1:36:27 The Endless Road / Harmonica Solo / A Dog's Life / Noh Plays of Japanby theradioarchive 187,237 views
- 1:41:06 A Christmas Carol (1984 Full Film)by Mulciber Tenebras 211,981 views
- 1:25:52 Calling All Cars: Hit and Run Driver / Trial by Talkie / Double Crossby theradioarchive 7,713 views
- 1:29:15 Subways Are for Sleeping / Only Johnny Knows / Colloquy 2: A Dissertation on Loveby theradioarchive 231,048 views
- 1:26:17 You Bet Your Life: Secret Word - Car / Clock / Nameby theradioarchive 39,314 views
- 1:28:06 Calling All Cars: Highlights of 1934 / San Quentin Prison Break / Dr. Nitroby theradioarchive 11,814 views
- 1:27:25 Calling All Cars: Desperate Choices / Perfumed Cigarette Lighter / Man Overboardby theradioarchive 22,046 views
- 1:28:24 Calling All Cars: Escape / Fire, Fire, Fire / Murder for Insuranceby theradioarchive 12,029 views
- 1:27:53 Calling All Cars: The Flaming Tick of Death / The Crimson Riddle / The Cockeyed Killerby theradioarchive 29,955 views
- Loading more suggestions...