Guerilla Marketing Example - Coca-Cola Happiness Vending Machine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 20, 2010
Check out this Guerrilla Marketing Example!
ATLANTA, May 28, 2010 -- Since January 12, 2010, hidden camera footage of smiling students getting more than they bargained for from a Coke vending machine has been viewed by more than 2.2 million people on YouTube. Last night, the Coca-Cola "Happiness Machine" was awarded CLIO‟s prestigious Gold Interactive Award at the 51st annual awards dinner held in New York City. A CLIO award is one of the world‟s most recognized industry accolades for advertising, design and communications.
The "Happiness Machine" video, the result of a collaboration between Coca-Cola and integrated interactive marketing agency Definition 6, features a Coca-Cola vending machine transformed to deliver surprising "doses" of happiness to unsuspecting college students. Shot on location at the Queens, NY, campus of St. John's University, the outwardly typical Coke machine, was placed in the center of the student cafeteria, in full view of five strategically placed hidden cameras. What ensued was totally unscripted.
Over 2 days of filming, the hidden cameras captured the spontaneous reactions of the students as the machine dispensed an array of goodies including, flowers, pizzas, sunglasses, a twelve-foot „hero‟ sub and a seemingly never ending supply of Coca-Cola.
"Happiness is contagious. When you see people smiling, you want to smile." said Wendy Clark, SVP, Integrated Marketing Communications and Capabilities, The Coca-Cola Company. "This human truth is at the heart the idea. In the video, you see genuine surprise and delight on the students‟ faces when they interact with the Coca-Cola "Happiness Machine" and witness the generosity that ensues as they come together to share in the moments of happiness. It is such a simple yet compelling concept and one that so accurately portrays Coca-Cola for what it ultimately is; one of life‟s simple pleasures."
Earlier this week, the "Happiness Machine" video reached its biggest audience yet as a 30-second edit of the footage debuted during American Idol‟s season finale.
"Coke's goal to inspire consumers through small, surprise moments of happiness served as the ideal creative motivation to us," said Paul Iannacchino Jr., Creative Director, Definition 6. "Our strategy was to deliver doses of happiness in an unexpected, innovative way to engage not only the students, but the audience at large. Whether you were present during the shoot or experiencing the event online, our goal was the same - to put a smile on your face and share that emotional connection."
The "Happiness Machine" video is part of Coca-Cola‟s global integrated marketing campaign, "Open Happiness," which invites people around the world to bring positivity, optimism and fun into their lives. Launched in 2009, at the core of the campaign is the message to consumers to open a Coke and share a little happiness.
For more info visit Coca-Cola: http://www.coca-cola.com
See more creative guerrilla marketing examples on our blog!
Creative Guerrilla Marketing is a leading marketing blog based in San Diego, CA that reports the latest in guerrilla marketing, ambient advertising and unconventional marketing examples and ideas.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:47:46 Cursos prácticos para tu negocio: Marketing de guerrillaby Euskadi Emprende2,313 views
- 4:38 Coolest Marketing Campaigns and Ideas Everby venturalist43,589 views
- 3:22 11 Fun Campaigns of 2011by GoGORILLA NYC8,288 views
- 1:42 Guerrilla Marketing Example - Fast Laneby cguerrillamblog62,776 views
- 0:58 Coke Hug Me Machineby 2611711,507,560 views
- 18:59 Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spreadby TED609,462 views
- 2:58 boogy the event company- Coca-Cola Happiness Truck İstanbulby BoogyTheEventCompany75,755 views
- 5:39 Top 10 Marketing Failures: Coke, Ford, Netflixby WatchMojo.com1,432,112 views
- 1:48 How brilliant and innovative IDEA !by Abhishek Patiyal103,100 views
- 24:49 4 Principles of Marketing Strategyby Brian Tracy196,559 views
- 26:20 Internet Marketing Strategy - Step by stepby Andrew R Edwards27,573 views
- 1:41 BTL T-Mobile Angry Birds Liveby ENTREMENTESNET46,327 views
- 160 videos Play all Guerilla Marketing Examplesby cguerrillamblog
- 3:14 Absolut Temptationby Tomas Ruzicka149,462 views
- 1:07 nike guerilla english versionby petitpr121,536 views
- 3:34 Guerilla Marketing -- SWISS MADEby moviebakery34,789 views
- 6:15 Marketing Strategy with Philip Kotler at the London Business Forumby londonbusinessforum312,847 views
- 8:28 Guerilla Marketing Examples & Guerilla Advertising Strategies For Direct Sales Professionalsby worldmarketingcenter6,269 views
- 3:59 Street marketing "Séjour by Louis Vuitton" (by HEC-ULg)by LazyStudentProd1314,802 views
- 2:14 Guerrilla Marketing - Coca-Cola Máquina de la felicidad para parejas. Happiness Machine for Coupleby Event Management Institute9,814 views