Guerilla Marketing Example - Coca-Cola Happiness Vending Machine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 20, 2010
Check out this Guerrilla Marketing Example!
ATLANTA, May 28, 2010 -- Since January 12, 2010, hidden camera footage of smiling students getting more than they bargained for from a Coke vending machine has been viewed by more than 2.2 million people on YouTube. Last night, the Coca-Cola "Happiness Machine" was awarded CLIO‟s prestigious Gold Interactive Award at the 51st annual awards dinner held in New York City. A CLIO award is one of the world‟s most recognized industry accolades for advertising, design and communications.
The "Happiness Machine" video, the result of a collaboration between Coca-Cola and integrated interactive marketing agency Definition 6, features a Coca-Cola vending machine transformed to deliver surprising "doses" of happiness to unsuspecting college students. Shot on location at the Queens, NY, campus of St. John's University, the outwardly typical Coke machine, was placed in the center of the student cafeteria, in full view of five strategically placed hidden cameras. What ensued was totally unscripted.
Over 2 days of filming, the hidden cameras captured the spontaneous reactions of the students as the machine dispensed an array of goodies including, flowers, pizzas, sunglasses, a twelve-foot „hero‟ sub and a seemingly never ending supply of Coca-Cola.
"Happiness is contagious. When you see people smiling, you want to smile." said Wendy Clark, SVP, Integrated Marketing Communications and Capabilities, The Coca-Cola Company. "This human truth is at the heart the idea. In the video, you see genuine surprise and delight on the students‟ faces when they interact with the Coca-Cola "Happiness Machine" and witness the generosity that ensues as they come together to share in the moments of happiness. It is such a simple yet compelling concept and one that so accurately portrays Coca-Cola for what it ultimately is; one of life‟s simple pleasures."
Earlier this week, the "Happiness Machine" video reached its biggest audience yet as a 30-second edit of the footage debuted during American Idol‟s season finale.
"Coke's goal to inspire consumers through small, surprise moments of happiness served as the ideal creative motivation to us," said Paul Iannacchino Jr., Creative Director, Definition 6. "Our strategy was to deliver doses of happiness in an unexpected, innovative way to engage not only the students, but the audience at large. Whether you were present during the shoot or experiencing the event online, our goal was the same - to put a smile on your face and share that emotional connection."
The "Happiness Machine" video is part of Coca-Cola‟s global integrated marketing campaign, "Open Happiness," which invites people around the world to bring positivity, optimism and fun into their lives. Launched in 2009, at the core of the campaign is the message to consumers to open a Coke and share a little happiness.
For more info visit Coca-Cola: http://www.coca-cola.com
See more creative guerrilla marketing examples on our blog!
Creative Guerrilla Marketing is a leading marketing blog based in San Diego, CA that reports the latest in guerrilla marketing, ambient advertising and unconventional marketing examples and ideas.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:36 Guerilla Marketing innovative ideasby the radicalFeatured 106,745
- 9:57 Virales Marketing am Beispiel Doveby KnurdIAm 89,453 views
- 2:58 boogy the event company- Coca-Cola Happiness Truck İstanbulby BoogyTheEventCompany 59,287 views
- 6:16 Guerrilla Marketingby TheMLMTrainingMinute 8,769 views
- 4:26 51 Examples of Funny & Creative Advertisementby inspirationfeed 76,342 views
- 82 videos Play all Guerilla Marketingby BlickeDeeler
- 3:14 Absolut Temptationby Tomas Ruzicka 142,062 views
- 3:10 guerrilla marketingby PaparaciJSC 7,260 views
- 1:45 Guerrilla Marketing - Coca-Cola Dancing Vending Machineby cguerrillamblog 19,541 views
- 3:48 Guerrilla Marketing (forma di marketing non convenzionale)by marketingrsearchteam 2,906 views
- 9:32 Guerilla Marketing Beispiele aus der Praxisby marcusfache 2,827 views
- 1:42 Guerrilla Marketing Example - Fast Laneby cguerrillamblog 39,959 views
- 1:36 Creative Advertising Ideasby 3stepAdvertising 183,286 views
- 2:17 Guerrilla Marketing - Pay with a smile | Project Changeby cguerrillamblog 10,828 views
- 0:42 Guerrilla Marketing Example - The Oreo Elevatorby cguerrillamblog 19,842 views
- 8:28 Guerilla Marketing Examples & Guerilla Advertising Strategies For Direct Sales Professionalsby worldmarketingcenter 5,809 views
- 8:58 Viral Guerrilla Facebook Social Media Marketing Strategies 1: Optimizing Facebook Pages and Adsby viralmarketingexpert 5,949 views
- 14:49 22 Brilliant Social Media Marketing Tipsby Ryan Moore 41,007 views
- 4:12 Camera. 'Happiness'by CameraHQ 1,434 views
- 1:03 Pizza Digitaleby ScholzundFriends 31,480 views
- 0:58 Marketing de guerrilla Coca-cola. Abraza la máquina de la felicidadby EventManagementInst 2,629 views
- Loading more suggestions...