Easy Jet - Trail and No Trail Mar 05 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 9, 2011
For more info:
This is part of some research I have yet to fully write up.Like many people, I have become concerned about the number of these trails on some days and therefore have even gone to the trouble of investing in an AirNav RadarBox "virtual radar" device for my computer, so that I can determine a little more about air traffic movements over my house. (The CAA and other people I wrote to could not provide this information in retrospect).
These can be purchased in various places, including e-bay: The cost includes a 12-month subscription to the database service which allows a number of the various flight details to be downloaded.
Having detected, identified and photographed these 2 EasyJet flights, I made this video and wrote the letter below recently (will post any replies on my website http://www.checktheevidence.com/ later) I just sent this letter, along with this video and the other data referenced here to Easyjet (UK). I will be writing more about this over the coming weeks and months - but it is time-consuming working through the data I have collected. Here is a copy of the letter (including still images)
Data file containing radarbox data dump and video images.
http://www.checktheevidence.com/Chemt... (76 megs)
Like quite a few people I was surprised to detect this result -- as I had kind of assumed that only unmarked planes would be "caught" making trails.
I was asked by someone about the AirNav RadarBox picking up military flights. Here are the notes from the manual for the unit:
Why can I see aircraft in the list but they do not appear on the map?
Some aircraft, although they are fitted with ADS-B equipment, do not transmit their position. Without position information, it is impossible to display the aircraft on the map. In the example below, the first 2 aircraft in the list have ADS-B equipment, but they are not transmitting position information. However, it is still possible to see the identity and type of the aircraft and their altitude. The last 2 aircraft are transmitting full position information (shown by the Globe in the first column) and will appear on the map. Note that military aircraft will often show in the aircraft list, but for security reasons, do not transmit their position.
Using the Radarbox over time allows data to be captured and I am hoping to make some comparative measurements between days with no trails and days with high numbers of trails to see what emerges. Some of the log files I have collected have 800,000 lines of data.
Some civilian flights do not broadcast their position either - only their height - and some don't broadcast anything.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Rubycon (Part One) (1995 - Remaster)" on
- 3:07:41 Building the Biggest and Most Luxurious Air Liner Ever : Airbus A380 (Full Documentary)by GuitarsAndHeroes309,876 views
- 45:26 A380 Engine Explodes On Qantas Flight 32by BRVIDEOS2011605,494 views
- 3:19:59 Easyjet StoleYourBike MAGOMED_05RUS [10лвл]by WoT Streams 18+1,441 views
- 2:43 OFFICIAL FOOTAGE From Inside the Plane as Southwest Flight 345 Crash Landed at LaGuardia Airportby Bryan Foster53,959 views
- 45:03 *NEW* LUFTHANSA | Airbus A380 [ENGLISH]by flymilad93430,711 views
- 23:44 Airline UK Easyjet TV Show - Series 6 Episode 7by Graemebo20084,334 views
- 14:26 Pilot's View of Airbus A380 approach and landing at San Franciscoby bestvideos ontube1,852,822 views
- 14:58 easyJet A320-214 G-EZTN departing ACEby bjones413,788 views
- 6:59 EasyJet Turning Europe Orangeby bestdestination8,742 views
- 11:34 Bad Weather Landing - Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-800 - Chicago Midway Airport KMDW / MDWby O'HareAviation Plane Spotting31,894 views
- 9:26 EasyJet A319 Turnaround Time Lapse with ATCby AirportFreak™12,377 views
- 5:32 BUSTED: Easy Jet Airlines Caught Spraying Europe. Asia & Africaby Harold Saive57,847 views
- 23:41 Airline UK Easyjet TV Show - Series 6 Episode 8by Graemebo20086,752 views
- 42:05 EasyJet Airbus A320-214 | London Gatwick to Madeira *Full Flight*by rachaelmatt55,895 views
- 22:40 Airline UK Easyjet TV Show - Series 5 Episode 3by Graemebo200811,184 views
- 22:17 Airline UK Easyjet TV Show - Series 10 Episode 9by Graemebo2008944 views
- 17:34 Southwest Airlines Takeoffby Michael Singh132,399 views
- 23:19 Airline UK Easyjet TV Show - Series 6 Episode 6by Graemebo20087,120 views
- 9:38 British Airways -- Take a tour of our A380 (full version)by British Airways115,905 views
- 33:07 Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-700 Takeoff -- Chicago Midway Airport KMDW / MDW + Enroute to LAXby O'HareAviation Plane Spotting39,290 views
- Loading more suggestions...