Union Protests in Wisconsin & Ohio
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2011
Produced and edited by Chase Whiteside (interviews) and Erick Stoll (camera). Additional camera by Matt Wisniewski.
Over the last two weeks, tens of thousands of workers and their supporters have flooded the Wisconsin and Ohio state capitols, pushing back on their newly-elected Republican Governors' attempts to revoke collective bargaining rights for public workers.
Other than the flashes of anger Ohio crowds showed when they were curiously shut out of their statehouse, the protests have been entirely peaceful, even jovial, with the Wisconsin capitol having an atmosphere similar to a pep rally.
WI Gov. Scott Walker and OH Gov. John Kasich have claimed budget crisis as the impetus for their efforts, but their accounting is spurious, and unions have already agreed to reductions in pay and benefits. Wisconsin public workers have yielded to all of Walker's fiscal requests, making Gov. Walker's insistence that he must cut collective bargaining rights to cut the deficit even more dubious.
Many of those we interviewed, including union leaders, did not believe that the revocation of their rights was necessary to balance budgets, but was rather part of a coordinated effort to dismantle unions and reduce their large financial and organizational contributions to progressive politics.
As Governors Walker and Kasich hold staunch, refusing even to negotiate, the protests in Wisconsin and Ohio continue, joined by thousands of others from states across the nation.
2010 Outside Spending measured by the Center for Responsive Politics:
Thanks to MoveOn.org & Laura Dawn, Matt Wisniewski, Julia Reichert & Steve Bognar, Chris Gollmar, Kasey Hosp, SEIU & Kim Cook, AFL-CIO & Maggie Priebe, Deb Steele, Kevin Benish, and Derek Clinger.
Our films are free to watch, but costly to produce.
Every contribution helps to keep us online.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:04 Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interviews With Participantsby New Left MediaFeatured 862,201
- 9:52 THE TEA PARTY & THE CIRCUS - Final Healthcare Reform Protestby NewLeftMedia 658,520 views
- 11:48 TAX DAY TEA PARTY 2010by NewLeftMedia 652,838 views
- 9:51 Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interview B-Rollby New Left Media 129,058 views
- 11:24 TEA PARTY CONVENTION - Sarah Palin, Orly Taitz, Interviews with Participantsby NewLeftMedia 163,903 views
- 2011 Wisconsin protests 5,104 videos4
- 10:35 Rally to Restore Sanity - Interviews with Participantsby NewLeftMedia 163,110 views
- 9:45 Hate and Ignorance in America - McCain Palin Rallyby kaffemoka 52,944 views
- 8:22 SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supportersby NewLeftMedia 1,938,224 views
- 13:33 Chase Whiteside Interviews Andrew Breitbart About the Mediaby NewLeftMedia 65,324 views
- 6:59 Keith Olbermann: Sarah Palin's Fans Turn On Her At Book Signingby NewsPoliticsAmerica 52,049 views
- 12:35 Occupy America / #OccupyAmericaby NewLeftMedia 40,802 views
- 4:09 Chad Vader Reports On Protests In Wisconsinby blamesocietyfilms 95,521 views
- 9:58 Glenn Beck Teabagger Rally - Hostile reactions to questions put to Teabaggersby Velvet Revolution 40,398 views
- 4:08 Befuddled Teabaggers at Cleveland Tea Partyby Tim Russo 107,649 views
- 3:31 Madison, Wisconsin Protests: Beck Insults American Workers, Unions & 'Young People'by politicalarticles 6,171 views
- 1:02:38 Chase Whiteside debates James O'Keefe at Temple Universityby NewLeftMedia 19,157 views
- 30:22 Milton Friedman - Rights of Workers (Q&A)by BasicEconomics 14,311 views
- 8:11 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - March Footage with Interviewsby NewLeftMedia 1,407,620 views
- 18:31 Congressman Obey Denied Access to Wisconsin Capitolby Matt Egerer 25,145 views
- 8:16 Exposing Fox News' Lies About Wisconsin Worker Protestsby PoliticalArticles.NET 7,109 views
- Loading more suggestions...