Video of marriage proposal gone wrong at UCLA basketball game
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 3, 2012
Lose Weight -- http://donjeffrey.bodybyvi.com/
Friend me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/donljeffrey
Add me on google + https://plus.google.com/1081930108830...
Make Money on Line -- http://buildwithdon.com
Subscribe to my You Tube Page- http://www.youtube.com/user/donjeffrey1
The most memorable rejection of the UCLA basketball season happened in the stands rather than on the court.
Midway through a 71-63 victory over Richmond Dec. 23 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, UCLA's "Mistletoe Cam" cut to a couple seated courtside. The man reaches into his pocket, pulls out a ring and says, "I knew that I was going to do this since the first day that I met you, and I figured now was as good a time as any." His girlfriend's response when he gets down on one knee and pops the question? Well, let's just say it involved an awkward pause and running in the other direction.
Video of the proposal gone wrong didn't surface on YouTube until Monday evening, but Los Angeles Times reporter Baxter Holmes asked several UCLA players about it following the game. "That's cold," Jerime Anderson said. "Tough break," added David Wear.
Indeed the rejection was cringeworthy to watch because it's every man's nightmare when he prepares to ask for his girlfriend's hand in marriage. Maybe this will be a lesson to men in the future that a college basketball game is not the ideal romantic spot for a proposal, especially when there are cell phone cameras poised to capture your humiliation should something go wrong.
There have been some instances of attention-seeking fake marriage proposals at sporting events in the past, but this doesn't seem like one of them.
The emotions of the couple and the awkwardness of the emcee looked legit, plus a UCLA spokesman told Holmes the proposal wasn't staged. And lastly, if you were going to seek attention this winter in Los Angeles, a sparsely attended game in the midst of UCLA's train wreck of a basketball season definitely wouldn't be the ideal spot.
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Skating star Johnny Weir married on New Year's Eve
• LeBron James gets engaged to longtime girlfriend | Photos of LeBron, fiancee
• Angry soccer fan kicks seat, seat wins
Standard YouTube License
- 2:37 Unhung Hero (Official Trailer)by OfficialBGP Featured 542,315
- 9:42 Father Surprises Cheerleaderby ABC13Channel4,642,216 views
- 7:13 Top 5 Marriage Proposal Failsby Orahmax2,169,759 views
- 14:28 World's Most Beautiful Marriage Proposalby Ali Guler12,168,175 views
- 18 videos Play all proposals gone wrongby bisbeeper
- 2:18 Chinese driver leaves behind trail of destruction to escape policeby asiaonemotoring146,389 views
- 2:28 Proposal Gone Badby ABC13Channel18,865 views
- 2:07 Marriage proposal rejections caught on cameraby SunriseOn7139,687 views
- 1:49 Ellen Show Proposal Goes Wrong 12-15-11by the3rdworldwonder797,680 views
- 2:12 Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot - ABC News.mp4by Don Jeffrey247,915 views
- 11:04 Missing in the Mansion: Disneyland proposal goes horribly wrong in The Haunted Mansionby dawsbrothers465,004 views
- 4:38 Can You Believe This Wedding Proposal?by Ellenfunhouse2,303,682 views
- 1:26 Wife Prank Gone Wrongby Javier117117,654,808 views
- 7:10 TOP 5 WEDDING Fails!!!!!!by southpark03142,455,956 views
- 11:18 The World's Greatest Wedding Proposal EVER!by JaylynPhoto296,479 views
- 4:34 Epic Photo Booth Proposal (HD)by Keaton Ward96,856 views
- 1:03 Worlds Most Painful Marriage Proposal Rejectionby RelationshipAdvice55350,432 views
- 4:07 Amazing surprise proposal (I Think I Wanna Marry You)by Tyler Stillmunkes1,116,412 views
- 8:33 The Most Romantic Proposal Ever - Most Romantic Wedding Proposal - Very Cute and creative ideaby entwine141,541,692 views
- 2:24 Girl Faints From Romantic Marriage Proposalby ringonthefinger1,041,063 views