P-Noy's Speech during the MRDP2 People's Organization Congress, 14 May 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 13, 2012
Grand Pilipinas Ballroom, Grand Regal Hotel, JP. Laurel Ave., Lanang, Davao City, | Speech (Full text) | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/speeches2012/s... | News Release below |
Aquino keynotes Mindanao Rural Development Programs People's Organization Congress in Lanang, Davao City
LANANG, Davao City: President Benigno S. Aquino III assured the Filipino people of the government's continued efforts to implement reforms and empower them to participate in developmental endeavors that will uplift their standards of living and promote the country's sustainable progress and development.
In his speech during the Mindanao Rural Development Program 2 (MRDP2) People's Organizations Congress at the Grand Ballroom of the Grand Regal Hotel, here on Monday, the President expressed his desire to leave a legacy of a renewed nation to the Filipino citizenry.
"Paiigtingin pa natin ang mga reporma dahil alam nating mayroon pa tayong ibubuga. Hindi puwede ang "puwede na," at hindi tama ang ugaling "bahala na." Sa halip na isantabi ang interes ng nakakarami, itinataboy natin ang kaisipang makasarili... sa halip na magpalakas sa kapangyarihan, binibigyang-lakas natin ang mamamayan na makilahok sa pagpapaunlad ng kalakhang lipunan," the President said.
"Pangarap ko pong magpamana ng isang bagong Pilipinas sa susunod na salinlahi. Buo ang loob kong tuparin ito dahil marami tayong kabalikat sa tuwid na daan. Kasama ang People's Organizations, tuloy-tuloy na po tayo sa paghahatid ng liwanag ng pag-asa at masaganang bukas sa bawat sulok ng Pilipinas," he added.
The Chief Executive acknowledged the effects of the laudable projects such as the MRDP in realizing the government's initiatives to provide sufficient food and augment the income of the people.
"Sa pamamagitan naman ng MRDP, may kabalikat ang ating gobyerno sa pagkalinga sa kapakanan at pangangailangan ng mga kababayan natin sa Mindanao," President Aquino said.
"Hindi po biro ang laki at lawak ng tagumpay ng inyong samahan. Balita ko nga po, tumaas ang kita ng ating mga kababayan dito ng halos labimpitong porsyento buhat ng magsimula ang programa. Katumbas ito ng mahigit labing-isang libong piso na karagdagang kita kada taon," he stressed.
President Aquino also bared the use of advanced and latest technology in ensuring that public funds are spent in tangible projects that will serve the people.
"Gamit ang "geo-tagging", mababantayan at masusuri ninyo ang pagsa-sakatuparan ng ating mga proyekto. Matutukoy dito ang mga overlapping road projects, at kung may hokus-pokus na nangyayari," he said.
"Bukod sa mga ito, kaliwa't kanan pa ang mga kongkretong patunay sa tagumpay ng MRDP. Kasama sa mahabang listahan nito ang kilo-kilometrong farm-to-market roads, mga tulay, patubig, at solar dryer. Idagdag pa rito ang pagpapagawa ng mga lansangan at agri-fishery infrastructure, na talaga naman pong nagpapaaliwalas at naghahatid ng oportunidad sa mga Mindanaoans," he further noted.
Present during the event were Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala, Mindanao Development Authority Luwalhati Antonino and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio as well as the local government officials from Mindanao and members of the House of Representatives.
President Aquino witnessed the awarding of plaques of recognition and certificates of award to the best performers under the program.
The Mindanao Rural Development Program -- Adaptable Program Loan Phase 2 continues to implement poverty reducing interventions in more poor communities across Mindanao.
Now on its second phase, it covers 225 municipalities in all of Mindanao's 26 provinces. The program implemented under the Department of Agriculture, MRDP1 accomplished various projects and provided significant learning experiences on which MRDP2 took off.
Jointly funded by the World Bank, the National Government and the local government units (LGUs), MRDP2 seeks to improve further the incomes in rural areas and achieve food security through agri-fisheries infrastructure, livelihood enterprise and bio-diversity conversation projects. (jcl/12:45 p.m.)
Standard YouTube License
- 14:29 People's Organizations Congress of the MRDP 2 (Presscon) - 5/14/2012by RTVMalacanang 158 views
- 9:03 People's Organizations Congress of the MRDP 2 (Speech) - 5/14/2012by RTVMalacanang 290 views
- 1:56 People's Organizations Congress of the Mindanao Rural Development Program 2 - 5/14/2012by RTVMalacanang 241 views
- 1:39 PNoy MRDP davao.mp4by Kilab Multimedia 180 views
- 18:26 P-Noy's Speech during the Awarding of the Seal of Good Housekeeping, 18 Sept 2012by PCOO EDP 554 views
- 9:48 P-Noy's Speech during the International Conf. on Public Administration and Governance, 27 June 2012by PCOO EDP 424 views
- 15:38 P-Noy's Speech during the National Transport Conference, 14 May 2012by PCOO EDP 343 views
- 8:29 P-Noy's Speech during the National Career Advocacy Congress, 24 May 2012by PCOO EDP 215 views
- 5:01 "PEACE" in Davaoby Jet Israel 209 views
- 4:54 How A Rice Mill Works - Start to Finishby Steve McIntosh 859 views
- 1:04 Vice Mayor Rody Duterte Kadayawan 2012 Messageby davaocio 619 views
- 8:21 Teodoro "Teddy" Casiñoby edsastories 304 views
- 10:22 Applied Geotagging Technology: DA-MRDP's Efficient Transparency Toolby damrdp2 156 views
- 9:36 National Pangasius Conference 2012 Part 1by Mag-Agri Tayo 747 views
- 23:52 Press Briefing by Usec. Abigail Valte, 15 May 2012by PCOO EDP 844 views
- 5:34 Baseco Housing Projectby UrbanPoorAssociates 648 views
- 11:23 P-Noy's Speech during the General Assembly of the Joint Alumni Clubs, 16 May 2012by PCOO EDP 324 views
- 7:44 P-Noy's Speech during the Inauguration of the Hydroelectric Power Plants, 02 May 2012by PCOO EDP 2,183 views
- 11:50 P-Noy's Speech during the Covenant Signing on Public Higher Education Reform, 17 May 2012by PCOO EDP 423 views
- 8:03 P-Noy's Speech during the Akbayan Citizen's Action Party 5th Regular Congress, 25 May 2012by PCOO EDP 552 views
- Loading more suggestions...