Inside Asetek Labs - Liquid Cooling an Overclocked Alienware Laptop
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 20, 2012
Hi, Zack from Asetek here and today I'll be showing you an Alienware gaming laptop that demonstrates the advantages of liquid cooling in an overclocked notebook.
We'll be focusing on the performance benefits of overclocking the laptop's CPU and GPUs, but this technology can also be used on mobile workstations and all-in-one desktops to reduce noise and utilize higher power processors.
The laptop's traditional heat pipes can't properly cool our overclocked laptop. Each component is cooled by its own cooling module and because CPUs and GPUs are seldom fully stressed at the same time, the cooling ability of the unused modules is wasted.
In Asetek's solution, all three cooling modules help to extract heat from the CPU & GPUs as needed. The combined benefit of liquid cooling and heat exchanger sharing provides efficient and capable cooling to our overclocked laptop.
Now that we know how it works, let's take a look at what it's capable of.
So we've got the CPU overclocked from 3.5GHz to 4.4GHz.
And we've got the GPU overclocked from 680MHz to 800MHz.
It should be noted that the stock heat pipes were unable to handle the extra heat generated at these speeds. Liquid cooling allows both CPU & GPU overclocking without cooking your lap and hands in the process. Let's check out our benchmark results.
With our liquid cooled & overclocked gaming laptop, we saw...
An 18% improvement in 3D Mark 11.
A 16% improvement in PCMark Vantage.
And a 23% improvement in 3D Mark Vantage.
The thermal benefits that enable overclocking in the "slim form factor" of our laptop also enable the increased performance and cost savings of using desktop processors in All-In-Ones as well as quiet operation from maximum performance parts in mobile workstations.
Now That's Thermal Management Done Right!
Standard YouTube License
- 42:19 ULTIMATE "Overkill" Water Cooled Build a Gaming PC Computer "How To" Guideby LinusTechTips Featured 445,337
- 5:48 Project N.V. - A watercooling adventureby hans peder sahl170,192 views
- 4:57 Watercooling Fail: How to screw up your systemby TonkatrainHONKHONK568,948 views
- 10:10 BATMOBILES RACING - Super Power Beat Down (Episode 1)by batinthesun1,875,076 views
- 3:29 Portal's 'Still Alive' Played by Fiber Laserby Chris DePrisco862,221 views
- 5:00 #1056 - Aragon 900 Water Cooling System Video Reviewby 3DGAMEMAN496,825 views
- 2:53 The World's Most Powerful Mobile Supercomputer - EUROCOM Panther 4.0by EurocomTechnology126,103 views
- 20:02 Newegg TV: Water Cooling DOs and DON'Ts with Lee from PCJunkieMods.comby Newegg TV353,792 views
- 1:30 Alienware SUCKS!!! Laptop computer destruction! Alienware tech support made me KILL MY PC!!!by ihatealienware493,415 views
- 9:40 Alienware X51 Small Form Factor Gaming PC Reviewby HotHardware207,919 views
- 9:32 How to: Install Liquid Cooling on a PCby TigerDirect400,728 views
- 11:19 ULTIMATE Water Cool your Video Card "How To" Guideby LinusTechTips146,588 views
- 17 videos Play all Jake Dyson Products - CSYS LED task light
- 13:17 Silverstone TJ11B-W Water Cooled - Extreme Buyer's Guide NCIX Tech Tipsby NCIXcom225,073 views
- 5:16 #26: CM Storm SF-19 Strikeforce Laptop Cooler (CCReviews)by CCReviews71,897 views
- 2:02 Alienware 14x VS Apple MacBook Pro Restart Competition.by benman4311,399,454 views
- 1:43 Water Phase Change - Water to ice in 90 seconds using vacuumby EdwardsVacuum126,486 views
- 10:06 A Totally Professional Nerd³ Unboxing - Alienware PCby Officiallynerdcubed643,493 views
- 14:21 PC Water-cooling Guide Episode 1 Componentsby SingularityComputers50,175 views
- 4:12 alienware M14x R2 unboxingby asianskater6923,587 views